Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, East Side, Knights
Slats infecting Alison and Ed for an whole over about not having a pool and wanting to know if he could borrow some budgie smugglers from Cowan.

All off the back of a "classic" catch of a.kid diving into a pool.
Wait, 7 has Ed Cowan now? That’s a big positive

Richard Pryor

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Man Seven is incompetent at running the coverage. This segment has been great, but McAvaney bringing up "How far have we come from your day with the diverse commentators!" out of the blue and then saying he's got someone in his ear telling him to bring it up when Lane pointed out how out of the blue it was.

If they wanted him to talk about it you'd think they would tell him beforehand so he could weave it in organically instead of telling him to do it on the fly.

Last edited:

troybe

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
I rag on him endlessly for his football commentary these days, but I will say this: Bruce does these interviews well, better than he does in football actually.

Good to listen to Lane and Maxwell too.
Was going to post something similar. Good to see 7 speaking to print journalists too. Nice to hear from Lane and Maxwell as well. Can't recall Nein ever speaking to anyone other than their own talent.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Larry Barnsworth

Playing my Natural Game
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know these MKR ads are all clever editing and with young blokes playing a role and following a script, but I still couldn't help wonder where those two young blokes would end up on the Navarro Psychopath spectrum? They certainly do a good brand of crazy-eye. Can't remember their names though. ETA: Josh and Austin.

Still not gonna watch any of it though.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth

Facts Machine
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter Moderator #439
Mel McLaughlin smiling reminds me of the purple embarrassed smilie :$
im blushing

I know it's become ubiquitous now, but I still can't stand "batter". It sounds grammatically horrible.

Bowler rolls off the tongue and has always sounded fine. Batter sounds like what some bogan under 10s kid would say.

Batsman will do just fine thanks
agreed. when and who the hell decreed that batter be used??!?!

reubski23

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Patriots & Bulls
When ABC grandstand had Maxwell, Morphett, Lane and Glenn Mitchell it was really a pleasure to watch

Kyptastic

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
Was going to post something similar. Good to see 7 speaking to print journalists too. Nice to hear from Lane and Maxwell as well. Can't recall Nein ever speaking to anyone other than their own talent.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Those segments with Haigh and Lalor have been some of my favourite parts from the coverage. More of it please.

caveman72

Team Captain
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
adelaide lightning
I know it's become ubiquitous now, but I still can't stand "batter". It sounds grammatically horrible.

Bowler rolls off the tongue and has always sounded fine. Batter sounds like what some bogan under 10s kid would say.

Just like Maximum gives me the shits it's a Six. Who ever came up with that crap should be shot

AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
AFL Club
Melbourne
That's a decent line up that they've assembled, Brayshaw is a good commentator despite not playing test cricket, kind of like an Aussie Mark Nicholas.

I'd prefer Nannes to McGrath even though he hasn't played test cricket either, McGrath has the test cricket credentials but he can be painful to listen to.
Mark Nicholas is an absolute disaster. Horrible commentator. All he can talk about is reverse swing without not knowing much about it.

AFL Club
Melbourne

Agree. It’s what people who played seniors on synthetic turf say.

Top Bottom