Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Would the rights to the Nine commentary on the footage itself go back to CA though, or just the raw footage itself?
Not really sure, I would assume the commentary would be there as well. Fox Cricket have shown old games, it remains to be seen whether Seven are able to do so.

It's not like you need Abbey Gelmi for eye candy when you have Mel McLaughlin wearing seductive outfits that wouldn't look out of place at a swingers party.

It's almost like she's inviting another "don't blush baby" incident.
You are gonna keep up with this weird creepy Mel stuff all summer, aren't you?

It's not like you need Abbey Gelmi for eye candy when you have Mel McLaughlin wearing seductive outfits that wouldn't look out of place at a swingers party.

It's almost like she's inviting another "don't blush baby" incident.
She's entitled to dress how she likes without being ridiculed. Nothing over th top about how she dressed anyway.

You are gonna keep up with this weird creepy Mel stuff all summer, aren't you?

I don't think it's weird or creepy to say Mel's attractive, she wouldn't be getting these hosting gigs if she looked like Amanda Vanstone or Rebel Wilson.

I don't just like her for her looks though, she's a good female sports host, she doesn't have the cricket knowledge of Alison Mitchell but she's no dunce either.

6PM shift the past two days has been 7Mate. Why 7Two today?

Just turned the air blue trying to find the cricket again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isha and Alison are just excellent so easy to listen to - especially Isha (maybe because I can see her face whenever I hear her speak) but they speak consicely with the required tone to match the game it’s perfect.
I feel like whenever I have heard Australian women commentate it feels unnatural, high pitched etc. not 1000% why maybe in the Uk they’re significantly better at nurturing talent

First proper look at the 7 coverage today....it’s alright?

Lacks something at this stage.

Brayshaw is fine...he just seems very...state level?...not one of your main guys.

Slater obviously has been told that he’s the experienced hand calling test cricket and to fill as much air time as possible because the man is talking non-stop.

Ch 7 has been a refreshing change over 9.

They haven't got everything right. Slats and Brayshaw should not be allowed on together. Flem is still a pain. I don't think Copeland's TV analysis adds much.

But they are doing a lot right, Concentrate on the cricket, and calling the game for the benefit of the viewers and you can't go wrong.

Some quality female commentators on a few different broadcasters.

Makes you wonder why channel 9 were so afraid to go there.
Boys' clubs don't break up easily.

Trying to do too much. It's like they've collected every idea out there (Copeland's touch screen, in game interviews, 3 commentators, rejigging the scorecard, replays of recent dismissals, different angles of the bowler approaches, talking on the couch...) and tried to jam them all in. Like the footy show they need to edit some out. Would have been better off experimenting in T20 or one day cricket instead of selling them off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back