Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Ponting is an absolute pleasure to listen to. His tactical analysis in these T20s is second to none. Blewett is also quite astute and provides great input. Slater though. **** me dead I don’t think I’ve ever heard a worse individual commentary performance than his tonight. Half the posts in the match thread were complaints about Slater’s commentary ffs. He’s going to turn a lot of casual viewers off if Seven don’t reign him in.

Ponting is an absolute pleasure to listen to. His tactical analysis in these T20s is second to none. Blewett is also quite astute and provides great input. Slater though. **** me dead I don’t think I’ve ever heard a worse individual commentary performance than his tonight. Half the posts in the match thread were complaints about Slater’s commentary ffs. He’s going to turn a lot of casual viewers off if Seven don’t reign him in.
is that you... mr jb.. tack your jib my way...

**** off he needs to fade out with test cricket.
Fade out with test cricket? Seriously?

His tendency to move away from what’s going on in the game into little annoying conversations and inability to shut up is the opposite of what we need in the test matches, leave that to Punter, Blewett, Katich etc. At least in the BBL he livens things up a bit, even if his style gets tedious

Fade out with test cricket? Seriously?

His tendency to move away from what’s going on in the game into little annoying conversations and inability to shut up is the opposite of what we need in the test matches, leave that to Punter, Blewett, Katich etc. At least in the BBL he livens things up a bit, even if his style gets tedious
Screaming like an idiot, laughing at his own s**t jokes and talking non stop isn’t livening things up for mine.

elevating everything with the perfect commentary is dubious and people can dock your pay with a second version of your best work..

the ex players they have are good flem.. punter, jb.. and so on.. we don't need any more and we certainly don't need a memory train.

Anyone who has breath in them would be frothing over Isa. She's smart, played the game at the highest level and asks intelligent questions to the test legends sitting alongside her. I don't mind Lane and Alison at all but Slater, McGrath and Fleming having nothing to offer and spoil the 7 coverage for me. Isa has everything to offer and I would rather pay for fox then watch 7.
TV-Presenter-And-Cricket-Player-Isa-Guha.jpg

could listen to her talk cricket all day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who thought it was a good idea to have Sam McClure as part of the Big Bash coverage? He is intolerable enough on footy coverage.

How long until they bring in Roaming Brian?

I feel dirty saying it but I reckon I'd love to hear Bruce commentate the Boxing Day test. Just one test. Imagine the fawning over VIIIRRRRAAAAAATTTT.
You just get the feeling Australia need a wicket here, don't you?

Can we bring back Gelmi to do boundary riding please, can’t stand McClure obviously and now Jason Richardson is on, ugh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back