Remove this Banner Ad

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
RE BBL Game 3

Gee, this Slater Fleming combo ain't great. Starting to wonder if Fleming is trying to get Slater fired. Real weird dynamic going on

Who do you think is poor? The only good one they missed is Ponting.
Some of the non-international commentators are fairly dire (Healy, Lee)

Also I don’t get Howard with Fox’s structure and Warne and Waugh have too many dire moments for me to completely warm to them.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Who do you think is poor? The only good one they missed is Ponting.
Personally not a huge fan of Warne, although I can stand him. Don’t like Healy, Roy, Mark Waugh, Howie, Lee etc

In contrast, Slater is the only truly bad one on Seven I think. Actually don’t mind Fleming most of the time, and McGrath’s better than I expected, even if he is bland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Unpopular opinion: I actually really enjoy Copes' and his touch screen. He's a bit awkward at times but usually provides some decent insight.

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
Good to see the current and previous hosts of the cricket (Brayshaw & Nicholas) had never played test cricket

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find Brayshaw to be an annoying tit. But he was a very fine first class cricketer: 4,934 runs @ 42.53.
With all the selectorial garbage going on at the time, he was unlucky (IMO) not to get a game.

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
With these breakaway prices they do with Trent Copeland. The first time I can recall seeing something like was C4 coverage of the 2005 Ashes. But they would do it in between overs. I think C7 lose a bit when they do it while it interrupts the over.

It offers pretty lightweight knowledge. The only thing I've learnt through these pieces is that Starc doesn't bowl 150 over the wicket, but does do around. I never noticed that.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Who’s doing the BBL with all the special comments guys out at Boxing Day? Sthalekar, Blewett and someone like Andy Maher I guess?

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Somebody needs to teach Damien Fleming when to say "come" and when to say "came".

Hamish McLachlan is overdoing it with his Muttley laugh during the Talkin' Cricket segments.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No words of appreciation for Simon Katich? I suppose this is a 'whinge' thread...
Katich is superb, wish they had him on for all the tests. Ch 7 have the ability to put a great team out there, Punter, Katich, Dizzy, Blewett, Fleming, Chopra and Nannes on rotation would be great. Sadly, McGrath and Slats are a big part of the team, though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back