Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's become ubiquitous now, but I still can't stand "batter". It sounds grammatically horrible.

Bowler rolls off the tongue and has always sounded fine. Batter sounds like what some bogan under 10s kid would say.

Batsman will do just fine thanks

Just like Maximum gives me the shits it's a Six. Who ever came up with that crap should be shot

That's a decent line up that they've assembled, Brayshaw is a good commentator despite not playing test cricket, kind of like an Aussie Mark Nicholas.

I'd prefer Nannes to McGrath even though he hasn't played test cricket either, McGrath has the test cricket credentials but he can be painful to listen to.
Mark Nicholas is an absolute disaster. Horrible commentator. All he can talk about is reverse swing without not knowing much about it.

I know it's become ubiquitous now, but I still can't stand "batter". It sounds grammatically horrible.

Bowler rolls off the tongue and has always sounded fine. Batter sounds like what some bogan under 10s kid would say.

Batsman will do just fine thanks
Agree. It’s what people who played seniors on synthetic turf say.

What’s happened to Slats?

I mean I’m not complaining lol, but he’s kinda just gone off the face of the earth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get why C7 would agree to a fixture where the Big Bash clashes with My Kitchen Rules

That must be the reason for Ch7 not showing any games last night and tonight, they showed a game Monday night but being a Perth game it started later.

Either the Big Bash season should finish earlier or the rights should be given to a network that doesn't abandon it's coverage due to some shitty reality show.

I rag on him endlessly for his football commentary these days, but I will say this: Bruce does these interviews well, better than he does in football actually.

Good to listen to Lane and Maxwell too.

I reckon Lane is better suited for the radio.... very boring on TV and the ad breaks stuffs him up...he tends to tell a story but gets stopped due to the ads....On radio he can keep on talking between overs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back