Channel 7 commentary whinge thread 2018-19

Remove this Banner Ad

On the strength of what I've heard so far, i think it's fair to say that Alister Nicholson isn't being paid by the word and i mean that as a compliment to him.

Last edited:

Why are we not hearing Tim Lane in this current Test versus Sri Lanka?
Didn't he commentate the first Test?

I do wonder if they're moving him on though.

Also wonder why Slater hasn't been seen much on 7 lately. Though given I usually watch Fox maybe he has but I haven't really heard him.

Didn't he commentate the first Test?

I do wonder if they're moving him on though.

Also wonder why Slater hasn't been seen much on 7 lately. Though given I usually watch Fox maybe he has but I haven't really heard him.

Slater is doing the BBL while Blewett, McGrath are doing the test series.

Slater is doing the BBL while Blewett, McGrath are doing the test series.

I haven't heard Slater on Ch7's BBL coverage in the last few weeks either, Ch7 appear to have warehoused him like Ch9 have done with Karl Stefanovic.

There has been no explanation for why Slater has suddenly gone missing, he was all over Ch7's cricket coverage in the Indian test series and then just dropped off the radar completely and has been replaced by Blewett and Tufnell, I'm not complaining as I think they've been an improvement but it's all a bit weird.

Why was Tim Lane replaced by Alister Nicholson for this test? Ch9 never messed with their line up of Richie, Bill, Ian and Tony for 30 odd years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Macquarie Sports Radio only had Tim Lane and Bruce Eva as ball by ball callers for this test instead of three ball by ball callers like the previous tests and thus couldn't have him doing 40 minute stints with channel 7 3 times a day.

Yeah, I'm no fan of Slater in the media or commentary but by the sounds of it this was a freak out not entirely within his control nor outwardly directed so it would be poor form to use the incident to bash him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back