Buena

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2009
Adelaide Hills, SA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool; Brisbane Roar
I have ranted on here in the past about the lack of respect shown by Channel 7 in Brisbane. Now, they have taken it to a new level.

They now have 3 channels. 7, 7two and 7mate. Yet despite this, they are broadcasting the Pies v Swans game at 12.30 am Saturday. More channels to choose from, yet they think it wise to play the game later than they ever have before. 7mate was launched on Grand Final day. Riding in on the coat tails of the biggest anual sporting event in Australia. A few months on, and clearly they were faking it.

12 months to go until the next TV deal, then for the good of the game, and the fans, Channel 7 can go f#$k themselves. They can have a red-hot go at ruining another sport, and i can go back to forgetting they exist.

^^^

Agree it does suck espically when it's not in your State.

But the Beauty of living in public transport reach of the City is that you can go to the games live:thumbsu:

The TV guides might be wrong guys. I'm in the Wide Bay and the TV guide indicated a 12:00am Sat broadcast.

I flicked over at 9pm to see what else was on and the footy was on 7mate (ch 73). It started at 8:30pm.

I've checked the guide via the TV and the Pies games is on at 8:30pm on Friday night. Pumped.

You might need to check again, especially Friday night. I'll be stoked if they do that through the year. Last year, Friday night games came on at 11:30pm up here. It appears some change was made regarding the anti-syphoning laws which now allows channels to show different events on their digital channels.

The TV guides might be wrong guys. I'm in the Wide Bay and the TV guide indicated a 12:00am Sat broadcast.

I flicked over at 9pm to see what else was on and the footy was on 7mate (ch 73). It started at 8:30pm.

I've checked the guide via the TV and the Pies games is on at 8:30pm on Friday night. Pumped.

You might need to check again, especially Friday night. I'll be stoked if they do that through the year. Last year, Friday night games came on at 11:30pm up here. It appears some change was made regarding the anti-syphoning laws which now allows channels to show different events on their digital channels.

I checked the FreeView Web-Site and says nothing on there:

http://freeview.com.au/tvguide/default.aspx?regionId=258&year=2011&month=2&day=25&hour=21&minute=30

I like their actual coverage, hate the delay though. I hope they give more live games during the season, if not then bring back 9 with BT and the footy show pannel.

In these instances I'm very thankful that I live in Melbourne. If I can't get to the game, I know I'll be able to watch it on the TV.
Yet not live...

I have to wait until the GF til I get any NAB coverage. Hopefully we make it. 7 is a disgrace, 3 channels and still no love for the biggest sporting code in the land??

AD should suspend 7 as they are not showing enough support for the code in Qld now that GC are in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, 7 are s**t, but it seems the AFL are going to put money ahead of it's fans once again, and sign up with 7 and 10 on the same 4 game deal (Foxtel will get the other 5) in a few weeks time.:thumbsdown:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-remain-on-delay/story-e6frf9jf-1226011034385

FOOTY fans face another five years of delayed Friday night TV broadcasts. As the AFL closes in on a new TV rights deal expected to top $1 billion, Channel 7 is refusing to give in to pressure to sacrifice top-rating Better Homes & Gardens and show footy live.
Final bid documents are yet to be lodged, but the AFL has stopped short of making live broadcasts compulsory in the next contract, which runs from 2012-16.
Seven and the AFL were tight-lipped last night, but a source close to the deal said: "They (Seven) want to be able to decide whether to go live or on delay. They want that right."

All I can say is hopefully Foxtel get more Collingwood games under the new agreement, because Seven simply will not show live Friday Night or Sunday games.:thumbsdown:

All I can say is hopefully Foxtel get more Collingwood games under the new agreement, because Seven simply will not show live Friday Night or Sunday games.:thumbsdown:

Matty, I'm happy that you've got the finances to pay for Foxtel but I would prefer to keep Collingwood on free to air as much as possible...uneven with the delays.

And as for Seven's coverage, well I'm not so sure that Nine would be any better. In fact, they are going to be worse in Rugby League states because they have a long term commitment to supporting that crap.

As far as Perth is concerned, Seven has been pretty good to Collingwood over the last few years. If they have rights to our game, they generally show it on TV. For most other teams, Seven forgets the game it is showing in the eastern states and takes the feed from Foxtel for the Dogturds and Beagles....some fans get very upset.

What really pisses me off is the delayed coverage by 7. Why can't they friggin show the games live. Who wants to watch Better homes and gardens.........seriously :mad:
+ they have three channels to show it on. They can show both.

Was really frustrating last year watching games at 11pm or not at all. I'm on the gold Coast and have to put up with watching bottom of the table Brisbane Lions. Probably more pies supporters up here than Brisbane. :D

Andy D said today that he has no power over the TV networks to get them to show games live. I would have thought as the owner of the product you can say "if you don't plan on showing every game live, don't even worry about bidding".

1 more year, thats what I've been telling myself.

The online guide up here says 1200am Sat.

The Digital TV program guide says 830pm Friday.

The same thing happened last week.

830pm is a great result for me. We get Sunday games live anyway.

FWIW, I don't think channel 9 are that keen on the new AFL rights. At least that is the way it has been reported.

We are going to get the same deal as now as far as FTA stations go.

The online guide up here says 1200am Sat.

The Digital TV program guide says 830pm Friday.

The same thing happened last week.

830pm is a great result for me. We get Sunday games live anyway.

FWIW, I don't think channel 9 are that keen on the new AFL rights. At least that is the way it has been reported.

We are going to get the same deal as now as far as FTA stations go.

That is Weird that it gives you 2 different times on 2 different things:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back