Channel 7 fail..the first 60 seconds after gf siren

Remove this Banner Ad

Having had Foxtel for the last four or so years I had become quietly accustomed to not having any ads quarter to quarter. Having to sit through the 7 coverage it really hit home for me what a difference it makes. Cutting to a commercial immediately after every goal is kicked really kills the atmosphere. Also, that other advert they have where the whole screen gets smaller while they put an ad on the border was awful. Hopefully in the future Fox can have the GF too so people who want to pay for no ads can watch it with no ads.

I never like seeing the mug of some old bird when the 2009 final siren goes. Channel 10 showed the crowd way too often during stoppages in play.

ill change it to the second minute..just that wasted footage of the swans players on ground the a shot the swans bench???

Could have been done better.

2012, most of the first minute was Hawks (including Buddy) on the ground etc. Show the winning team you muppets, it's not difficult.

Could be worse. In the NRL, the Channel 9 Special Comment's man (Brad Fittler?) actually pulled the Cronulla Captain up off the ground for the usual 'How do you feel?' time waster.

He's won a premiership. He wants a lie down. Let him soak it in.

I think it was Johns not Fitler, but could be wrong. Then they had a few interviews before a massive amount of ads.

Thought the coverage at the end of the game was very poor. Interviews then random ads for 2-3 minutes. Frustrating when you wanted to see the emotion and joy for 5 minutes o

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to be more like the NBA. Cameras focused on the winner, and pretty much completely ignoring the losers. Nobody wants to see the losing players all emotional about losing, not even their family and friends.

Maybe show some stuff like that and the reactions of the crowd a bit later on, but the entire focus should be on the winners.

Needs to be more like the NBA. Cameras focused on the winner, and pretty much completely ignoring the losers. Nobody wants to see the losing players all emotional about losing, not even their family and friends.

Maybe show some stuff like that and the reactions of the crowd a bit later on, but the entire focus should be on the winners.

Exactly. Beautifully put.

They should do a proper wrap-up show (at least an hour long) - much better than going over to MATE for some half-assed gig.

Can they shoot Gil?
4088498330_67999e1103.jpg

Just annoys me no end every year.

They should have cameras on just players only for at least the first two minutes.

But they never do. Random quick shots of people in crowds and images of the defeated team players seems to be part of their plan every year.

And they insist on an interview with a player after about 20-30 seconds.

It's shitful.

I watched the Cubs win the pennant in baseball, and guess what, the commentators shut up for 2 minutes. They showed the players, the crowd, then about 10 different shots of players reactions to final out, then fan and managers reactions, more players enjoying, more fans enjoying, and nothing from the commentators.

After about 2 minutes the commentators spoke, and then the interviews started after a decent time.

I so wish Australian commentators realized less is more sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back