Channel 7, please show us classic games during the shutdown.

Remove this Banner Ad

R0GUE

Big Footy nobody
Jan 2, 2017
Chillin' at the Baysie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Pok Ta Pok Assassins
With the season in temporary shutdown now is the time for Channel 7 to advertise their decision to telecast classic games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Old VFL, SANFL and WAFL games must be included, and I don't just mean finals. Doesn't matter if they're black and white or colour, just show them. In full!!

Old classic games and footage from The Winners and whatever the shows were called in SA and WA need to be included.

Who wouldn't like to see Cornesy getting hit from behind by Grainger, Balme running into the coaches box in the '84 GF, Hayden Bunton and other WA greats doing their thing, Dorotich, Harmes et al during Carlton's dominating era, Lockett, Dunstall, Ablett, Daicos and any other classic matches that we the public suggest?

How can we try to make it happen?

With the season in temporary shutdown now is the time for Channel 7 to advertise their decision to telecast classic games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Old VFL, SANFL and WAFL games must be included, and I don't just mean finals. Doesn't matter if they're black and white or colour, just show them. In full!!

Old classic games and footage from The Winners and whatever the shows were called in SA and WA need to be included.

Who wouldn't like to see Cornesy getting hit from behind by Grainger, Balme running into the coaches box in the '84 GF, Hayden Bunton and other WA greats doing their thing, Dorotich, Harmes et al during Carlton's dominating era, Lockett, Dunstall, Ablett, Daicos and any other classic matches that we the public suggest?

How can we try to make it happen?

ripper idea - state of origin games, classic games, classic finals, grand finals etc.

North V Collingwood at Victoria Park 1993. A must for everyone who enjoys seeing Collingwood humiliated. :)
North V Essendon at MCG 1993. One of the greatest game in history.:thumbsu:

Primetime viewing.

I've watched a heap of classic games - I'm over them now.

I'd love to watch random episodes of Seven's Big League complete with posh voice-over at the beginning, killer intro music with epic trumpets and really fast bongo drums, Palmer's Punchlines, Peter Landy's silver hair, Peter Landy's stentorian commentary, Peter Landy's boss jackets and that futuristic effect in the background when they cross to the game from the studio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Replay all the grand finals from the past 15 odd years. One Friday night, one Saturday night, that gets up through the 2 month shut down period. Been some ripping games in there and just about every team has been represented as some point since the early 2000s
not just grand finals and the same old.
other finals matches too

They are replaying the St Kilda v Geelong Round 14 match from 2009

Sevens Footy vault hosted by Matthew Richardson

This Friday night on 7 mate , 7:30pm

Most likely a classic game will be replayed for the next few months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back