Rumour Channel 7 Reporting Ballantyne to WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

They don't

In a piece of stellar foresight they traded their 2nd round pick of 2016 (this year) to Gold Coast for their 2015 2nd rounder (last year) - so effectively a pick in the mid 30's last year for a pick in the low 20's this year. Genius.

That's OK though because according to some of the inhabitants in Deludedville they're going to a 2nd round compo pick for Mayne (yes that Chris Mayne)
A cunning plan

They don't

In a piece of stellar foresight they traded their 2nd round pick of 2016 (this year) to Gold Coast for their 2015 2nd rounder (last year) - so effectively a pick in the mid 30's last year for a pick in the low 20's this year. Genius.

That's OK though because according to some of the inhabitants in Deludedville they're going to a 2nd round compo pick for Mayne (yes that Chris Mayne)
Imagine if Mayne went to the Eagles.

Just imagine it.

The Freolol board is nuts..

Of course they blame everything on Sumich because you know like he played for the Eagles:$
He probably was the most professional person at that woeful club

The Freolol board is nuts..

Of course they blame everything on Sumich because you know like he played for the Eagles:$
He probably was the most professional person at that woeful club
He was definitely the hungriest.

I like the idea. Only because it will give the posters on this board a bona fide target to bitch about. Keep all the ammunition on one focus...:thumbsu:

Have you not seen the Priddis thread/s?...

Jokes aside on Ballantyne aside, consider this. From what I can glean he's asking out because the club knocked back his request to give him a 2 year extension on his current contract which expires in 2017 so he's looking for a deal to the end of 2019.

Ballantyne has just turned 29 so next year he'll turn 30 and a 3 year deal would end when he's 32.

A 3 year deal to a player his age who has a history of injury problems as it is, is dumb list management and the sort of thing you'd expect from North
I heard he had a falling out with ross when he raised his concerns over the treatment of the senior players. Then sought some security given how ruthless they are with the older core now and wasnt given it, so he's getting in early before its too late.

Anyone hear Simmo on 3AW? A couple of quotes:

If a player declares they want to come to us, that's fantastic. It shows we're in a good space.

It's a bit early for me to be getting involved in Ballantyne discussions. Everyone could do with a serial pest!

I was hoping Simmo would pour water over the whole thing but sounds like there's some interest.

Anyone hear Simmo on 3AW? A couple of quotes:

I was hoping Simmo would pour water over the whole thing but sounds like there's some interest.

Nic Nat was quoted in the Sunday Times today saying the Eagles could do with a small forward and would love to have Ballantyne. Guess they rate him more than we do? I really hope we don't get sucked into giving too much away for him.

Nic Nat was quoted in the Sunday Times today saying the Eagles could do with a small forward and would love to have Ballantyne. Guess they rate him more than we do? I really hope we don't get sucked into giving too much away for him.
We'll probably trade away the pick we need to get Waterman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballantyne ... would be okayish ... detest him though. Now if Sunny Walters was to come out and say he wants to play for us, I would be rapt.

I wish we had the snake oil salesman freo have .
All the spuds they want to get rid of are ' disgruntled ' and want to leave instead of being s**t and moved on .
Mayne is a massive spud and is reported offers of 500k ?
Ballantyne will be 30 next year but wants a 3 year
deal ?
Zac Clarke has interest from multiple clubs as a FA ?
Suban the biggest spud of all has attracted interest from vic teams ?
I don't know if any are true but they are out there in the media getting attention .

All the spuds they want to get rid of are ' disgruntled ' and want to leave instead of being s**t and moved on .
deal ?
I don't know if any are true but they are out there in the media getting attention .
Player managers desperately trying to find new jobs on decent money for their clients pushing stories in the media

It's all a sideshow

deal ?
I thought we only give 1 year renewal deals to players once they turn 30? Can remember Glass being on a year by year deal in his last 2-3 years (I think?).

I thought we only give 1 year renewal deals to players once they turn 30? Can remember Glass being on a year by year deal in his last 2-3 years (I think?).
Which makes perfect sense as we've seen how quickly players form can fall off a cliff once they get to 30

Lynch went to Collingwood because we wouldn't give him a two year deal

deal ?

Freo have always been known for their endless talk and zero substance though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back