CHANNEL 7 Telecast Freo v Collingwood. Failure !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunday footy is s**t down here in Victoria

We get one game on Sundays, starts at 3.00pm. Finishes at 6 - no post game or anything goes straight to the news. Between goals we get a between 4 - 5 adds because its delayed and they paid so much for the rights they need to try and make some money.

Same commentary line up, Ox (crap), Watson (crap), Bruce & Dennis.

The footy or V8's is never a problem down here. They have the V8's start at about 10.00 I think and it finishes at 3, then it goes straight to the footy.

QUestion to those in vic. On sundays what is the line up like? is the same as what 9 did last year? you have the early game at 1pm followed by a replay of the first half and then full coverage of second half of the 2pm game? Here in cairns we get the brisbane game if they are playin on sunday live and then thats it. And when 7 have the car racing on it usually goes over time and all you get is a quick half hour highlights of the sunday game. Seven if ur goin to get the footy why get v8's aswell they clash!

No now there's only 1 game on free to air at 3pm. Its delayed. The 1pm game and the twilight games are shown on fox. Ch7 are a pathetic excuse of a TV station. Get it right you *ankers.

Pre 2002 Channel Seven only existed for 2 things: AFL and Olympics

2002 to 2006 only existed because of the Olympics

Now again they only exist because of AFL and Olympics and the AFL is done half-arsed.

Thank goodness their Olympic Games coverage is top-notch. They at least get something right.

What is going on with the TV guys these days. Surely they can get the ratio between crowd noise and commentators correct. I had a chat to Foxtel a few weeks ago , about the same problem and had noticed an improvement in their games so maybe the problem is MCG games. Tonight I tuned in to the delayed telecast by 7 of the Fremantle v Collingwood game, even though I normally don't, as a protest against 7 and their delayed telecasts in SA.

I watched for 20 horrid minutes because all I could hear was a mumbling from the commentators as the crowd noise was just overbearing. I love Bruce and Dennis but had to turn it off. It was unbearable!! The football looked good but I couldn't stand the crowd noise drowning the commentators. It even sounded like fake noise that they used to use when commentating in the old days. Of course when they cut to an ad that was greatly amplified!!
C'mon Channel 7, lift your game!!
What is wrong with the TV stations. I watched the Crows v Melbourne direct on at the MCG and it was the same problem but this time it was CHANNEL 10 !!!! Do the stations use the same audio tech staff? Could not hear the commentary. However the Sydney Essendon match from the SGC was ok. The Brisbane Richmond match from Telstra was ok.
Is it the matches from the MCG giving problems. I will be interested to see how the matches go today.

What is wrong with the TV stations. I watched the Crows v Melbourne direct on at the MCG and it was the same problem but this time it was CHANNEL 10 !!!! Do the stations use the same audio tech staff? Could not hear the commentary. However the Sydney Essendon match from the SGC was ok. The Brisbane Richmond match from Telstra was ok.
Is it the matches from the MCG giving problems. I will be interested to see how the matches go today.
Sunday matches ok..Surely it can't be only the MCG matches!! I hope all channels look at where their effects mikes are before next round of matches there.

Foxtel are doing a pretty good job of ruining the coverage as well.

None of the broadcasters have ever shown continous replays whilst play is still going on as much as Fox.

and the problem is that it seems to be getting worse. You can miss whole passages while they keep showing the replay, instead of waiting for a break in play.

7 are terrible. Watson is a joke, and someone summed it up perfectly in an earlier post when they said that Bruce is now a parody of his fomer self.

In fact, they might as well just bring in Andrew Startin (you might remember the guy that does the brilliant impersonations of everyone - best Sam Newman impersonation ever). Pay one salary and he can cover off on everyone, taking the ***** out of them and you wouldn't even know the difference.

agreed entirely with this whole thread. Seven spent all there money gettn the rights and then they cant afford decent commentators or coverage. Bring back 9 or why cant we have AFL on all 3 stations. How good would it be to be able watch all interstate games live and replays of all vic games with out havin to pay foxtel money for below standard coverage anyways. Seven need to fix there act up soon. Every game we get the same crap commentators Bruce, Watson and the Ox. Commetti is the best commentator in the country but cant work well with crap like these guys. Bruce was good for the old style of AFL but now he is just a joke. Why cant seven do what nine did and show 2 games on a sunday and atleast have a bit of a rap up at the end of the game. Seven's telecast is rushed and crap

Seven have had the footy for over 50 years now and they still cant get it right. Nine only took 3 years. Channel 7 footy coverage is a joke, its boring and the special commetary from that melbourne drop kick and tim watson is crap. The endless useless facts annoy the hell out of me. Next time you sit down and watch a game with bruce commentating tally up how many useless stats they have i think im gettin on average atleast 20. Things like in 1973 bombers beat this team by 5 points and 2 mins into the second quarter they lead by 5, who cares that over 30 years ago its so annoying. Analyse the play and talk about the game, but i guess thats hard when u have bruce, david who was never any good for the demons and tim watson a failed coach. I feel sorry for dennis he is the only slight entertainment i get out of watching tv on 7 and usually the other commentators screw up his jokes anyway. Oh i hate 7. Also here in cairns 7 commited to having their games on friday night at 8.30 how come in the past 2 weeks we have to wait untill 11.30pm to watch the game
I know what you mean. On Friday night they had a stat that said Collingwood had won 4 times in games where Rocca hadn't kicked a goal... I mean what f***ing relevance is that? I guess if we apply this kind of logic then we can find all kinds of insight, like collingwood win 95% of matches when mick wears his red jocks, or collingwood have won most games this season that Buckley hasn't played in, better not bring that guy back into the team...

I was one of them, but god wasn't I wrong. Seven have been crap this year.

Someone else mentioned it, but the thing that really pisses me off is the replay after the goal then the adds ... whats the point?

Plus Watson & The Ox' .... useless.

lmao watson, half the time all he does is critizes the players for flaws in their game .

best combination has to be Derm & Commetti channel 9.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back