Channel 7 Two

Remove this Banner Ad

DThomas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2006
The Third Stone from the Sun
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope the show some older matches, instead of ones that were on not long ago. It'd be awesome to watch some 70's or 80's matches to see all the players my dad always talks about. Or some early 90's matches so I could see some of the matches I was watching when I was just a kid again.:thumbsu:

Mickaman

All Australian
Mar 17, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shoot me down if it is a stupid question/theory. Now that all the free to air channels have 2 stations eg 7two go99 and 1. Next time the broadcasting rights are up for renewel in a couple of years. Is it feasible that Foxtel could be dumped and whichever 1 or 2 stations pick up the footy they could broadcast all 8/9 matches now that they have the extra channel to broadcast on. I can't see how this wouldn't work. I don't have foxtel and it doesn't matter to much for me if I am not going to the match I have got options to watch the match elsewhere but I think get all the matches on to free to air if possible and stuff foxtel.

Any thoughts?

DThomas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shoot me down if it is a stupid question/theory. Now that all the free to air channels have 2 stations eg 7two go99 and 1. Next time the broadcasting rights are up for renewel in a couple of years. Is it feasible that Foxtel could be dumped and whichever 1 or 2 stations pick up the footy they could broadcast all 8/9 matches now that they have the extra channel to broadcast on. I can't see how this wouldn't work. I don't have foxtel and it doesn't matter to much for me if I am not going to the match I have got options to watch the match elsewhere but I think get all the matches on to free to air if possible and stuff foxtel.

Any thoughts?
That's what I've wanted for ages! I bloody hope it happens!:thumbsu:

Soul_Pie

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good idea to show some great footy matches during the off season, it will help make the wait until next season much more bearable.

That West Coast semi was an absolute beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

didaka

Norm Smith Medallist
Veteran RIP Collingwood Magpies - Alan Didak 2010 Player Sponsor
Jan 2, 2007
McCrae
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
London Silly Nannies
Wat a pity you didn't kick an extra goal against Geelong.

You would have beaten Port in the GF.

More of a pity I didn't wear a condom 9 months before you were born.

DThomas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Collingwood vs Freo (I'm assuming R15 1997) at Victoria Park is on in a week or so.
Just checked the guide, next Monday morning at 3:30am:

The Collingwood Magpies take on the Fremantle Dockers at Victoria Park. Hosted Sandy Roberts.

It's called AFL Superstars (Sav kicked 9 that day), so I'm assuming that's the match they are showing. It'll be good to see Vic Park again.:):thumbsu:

Good idea, but I doubt they would dedicate an entire channel to AFL. Why don't One show any replays anymore? That would make the off-season better.

Not sure about one but they would have no Really Old Games only from about 2001 but also they have other sports on it Like NFL,NBA and MLB at the moment.

Then on Tuesday morning at 1:30am they are showing this:

I'm assuming it's the 2007 Prelim, but it could be when we thumped them in 2008.

Could be a Game from the 90's at the G where we won by a Goal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back