Channel 7 Two

Remove this Banner Ad

In about one and a quarter hours there is a game from round 22 1997 on between Carlton and Richmond. Whilst this might not get many people's interests, this particular game at Princes Park turns out to be Stephen Kernahan's last game, as Carlton, who take a three goal lead into the final change, get overrun by the Tigers, and thus miss out on the final 8 because of this choke.

I have the game IQ'd. :)

In about one and a quarter hours there is a game from round 22 1997 on between Carlton and Richmond. Whilst this might not get many people's interests, this particular game at Princes Park turns out to be Stephen Kernahan's last game, as Carlton, who take a three goal lead into the final change, get overrun by the Tigers, and thus miss out on the final 8 because of this choke.

I have the game IQ'd. :)

Legend!

anyone got an youtube footage to upload from the pies/demons match? i watched the first quarter and a bit. wish seven would show these games at about 8.30 on weeknights.

Next week is the Pies last game at Kardinia Park from '99. We were 20pts up at 3qtr time and lost by 3pts.

It was the first time I had been to KP and all I remember from the day is that Darryl Somers was on the ground before the game for some celebration.

anyone got an youtube footage to upload from the pies/demons match? i watched the first quarter and a bit. wish seven would show these games at about 8.30 on weeknights.
Get a HDD recorder...they're great mate.
I have been recording games since we got 7Two in Canberry but yet to see a Pies win.:(
Seems every side rates a win against Collingwood as it's best.:)
1990 GF coming up...I'm firming.:D

Tomorrow morning , 3.45am, 7TWO, Collingwood vs WCE, 1990 Qualifying Final.

I'm guessing it's the drawn game, as the next game was called the "Qualifying final replay".

This is the better game anyway, even though it was a draw.

Highlights include;

* Daicos' most famous goal, on the boundary, late in the last.
* Bryan Taylor's last match for us, 2 goals in the last quarter.
* Sumich marks just before the siren, kicks a point.

Well worth watching again (even though I've got it on DVD and VHS).

Now all I need is a HDD recorder.:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony Francis famously busts a gut to win the ball in the centre, spins out of the pack and kicks the ball 40 metres the wrong way...lol

Graeme Wright tearing up the turf.

Great days indeed.:D:D:D

After watching the Kangaroos match, I'd say that Rupert Betheras is pretty underrated. I'd always remembered him as a solid player and his performance in that game reinforced that belief.

letting scotland go and cutting betheras was stupid! should of been r shaw and richard cole cut after the 2003 granny not those two.

Rhyce and Cole were younger, and a greater chance of improvment

we still would have been s**t in 04 and 05.

On that the retirement of molloy and the dumping of freeza were more terminal on the side

letting scotland go and cutting betheras was stupid! should of been r shaw and richard cole cut after the 2003 granny not those two.

Ever watched the 2003 GF?

Scotland turned the ball over 4 times in the first half, DIRECT TURNOVERS, not just 50/50 contests.

And Betheras to my knowledge wasn't cut, it was a mutual decision as he wanted to pursue other avenues from what I remember.

But I won't disagree on R Shaw and Cole, both were and still are (if Cole is still playing somewhere) terrible disposers of the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back