Roast Channel 7

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seriously, **** them. Screw up the coverage in the last qtr - was watching Mundy get tackled in the centre square by Ziebel and thought.. heh, de ja vu. And then Keplar fell over on the boundary line and handballed it along the line, I looked up and the clock had gone from 2 mins to 7 minutes.

They played another minute of what happened 5 mins ago and then went to a big long add break mid play. Came back and Bell and the hook nose were jabbering on. To top it off no song..

FFS.. seariously, can they at least try and pretend like they care there's another team in this town??

Would like to see the last few minutes of the game please, if that is so hard to believe?

c00lcat

All Australian
Suspended
Sep 7, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was thinking about making this exact thread, that last five minutes of coverage - or lack thereof - was horrendous.

electricfeel

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can't believe that happened. Very unprofessional and didn't even bother to show the final minute of the game. And yeah, channel 7 never play our song.

aesthetic

Team Captain
Mar 28, 2011
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
it was pretty unbelievable.

when it reverted back to the 6mins something, i thought wtf...i thought they did it on purpose so the finishing time worked in with the news starting at 6. Then they cut to a break, come back and we didnt see the finish or club song WTF.

what if it were a cliffhanger??? even foxtel is no guarantee if the satellite goes. needed to be there ;)

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Embarrassing pieces of s**t !
Takes you back to propaganda from a certain European powerhouse of days gone by ! Didn't even apologise.
Hayden Ballantyne was a steal at whatever pick we got him for!

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
:thumbsdown:

There's no excuse for living in Perth and watching the game on free to air. Either buy a ticket and go to the game or get foxtel. Delayed sport is for chumps.

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sure thing, wanna drive us in & back from Ellenbrook? Also, how do you feel about babysitting? To top it off we're worse than broke, put simply, it's a luxury to be able to afford the time out & $$. At the very least I should be able to watch my team in my city on my television and not have some network station **** it up every week.

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sure thing, wanna drive us in & back from Ellenbrook? Also, how do you feel about babysitting? To top it off we're worse than broke, put simply, it's a luxury to be able to afford the time out & $$. At the very least I should be able to watch my team in my city on my television and not have some network station **** it up every week.

Fair call! Dom ?????????

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I was probably a tad harsh with my earlier post but you can't rely on FTA for quality sports coverage because it's been terrible for as long as I can remember.

I make it over from Sydney for 3 or 4 games a year and there's a former poster who lives in Meekathara who makes it to most home games. If you live in Perth and can't make the effort to get there on game day then it's bad luck IMO and you need to accept that FTA coverage is shithouse. At the very least find a friend with foxtel, I'd rather listen to the radio than watch the game half an hour delayed packed with ads.

A family pass is $52 (including public transport), I don't know what the nearest train station to Ellenbrook is (Kingsley ??) but around $60 to take the family out for the day seems reasnoable IMO.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fair call! Dom ?????????

I don't see the issue. If Perth Glory are playing at NIB Stadium I either pay for a ticket or go somewhere with Foxtel. Same with the Wildcats. If there's cricket at the WACA I can watch the first session on tele then listen to the rest on radio or fork out for a ticket to go to the game....everyone accepts that. But WA footy fans seem to think they have the right to watch live footy for free but the networks think otherwise. I know it, and you know it.

Either pay to see live sport or suck it up.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bassendean of all places!

Rabble rabble rabble.. I'm still not happy.

Piece of cake, next time I'm home bring a six pack for the train ride and I'll meet ya at baysie station and I'll buy you and the Mrs a ticket to the footy. If we have a win I'll shout you a harry's special at Jokers Pizza in Ellenbrook (my favourite pizza place in Perth!!).

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't see the issue. If Perth Glory are playing at NIB Stadium I either pay for a ticket or go somewhere with Foxtel. Same with the Wildcats. If there's cricket at the WACA I can watch the first session on tele then listen to the rest on radio or fork out for a ticket to go to the game....everyone accepts that. But WA footy fans seem to think they have the right to watch live footy for free but the networks think otherwise. I know it, and you know it.

Either pay to see live sport or suck it up.

Who watches the Wildcats ? 50,000 people, 100,000 probably for the WACA? Tonight's game = 500,000 probably. Footy is owned by the people, for the people, and if Ch Kerry baby can't get their act together, which patently they can't, I'll pay for foxtel no problem. And if Foxtel did what Ch 7 did tonight, I'd ring them and demand action. You know what they'd do, they'd reduce the amount I'd have to pay monthly, that's what they'd do! Ch 7 suck!

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Piece of cake, next time I'm home bring a six pack for the train ride and I'll meet ya at baysie station and I'll buy you and the Mrs a ticket to the footy. If we have a win I'll shout you a harry's special at Jokers Pizza in Ellenbrook (my favourite pizza place in Perth!!).

Bahahahah, be careful as I might hold you to that!

I generally don't mind if my game is delayed by 40 mins or so, i've got no gripe with delayed telecasts because We're generally okay when it comes to freo's games. Except of course if we ever play on a friday night game. I jussteer clear of the computer for delayed games. :p

Freo88

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2011
Up North
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Stars & Fulham-the other FFC
Go to a pub to watch the game, theyve all got foxtel these days. Problem solved.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Who watches the Wildcats ? 50,000 people, 100,000 probably for the WACA? Tonight's game = 500,000 probably. Footy is owned by the people, for the people, and if Ch Kerry baby can't get their act together, which patently they can't, I'll pay for foxtel no problem. And if Foxtel did what Ch 7 did tonight, I'd ring them and demand action. You know what they'd do, they'd reduce the amount I'd have to pay monthly, that's what they'd do! Ch 7 suck!

500,000 people where, in WA ? If so then I doubt it. And if you mean nationally more people would watch many NRL games than Fremantle v North but they're not complaining.

Not sure where you get the "owned by the people, for the people from". The TV networks have close to a billion reasons to say they own it.

The bigger issue in WA is that for even those who pay for foxtel they had to wait for the Carlton/Essendon and GCS/Melbourne games to be shown 3+ hours delayed. Why have West Coast on Foxtel, 1HD and channel ten when a lot of people would rather watch Essendon v Carlton?

Freo88

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2011
Up North
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Stars & Fulham-the other FFC
The bigger issue in WA is that for even those who pay for foxtel they had to wait for the Carlton/Essendon and GCS/Melbourne games to be shown 3+ hours delayed. Why have West Coast on Foxtel, 1HD and channel ten when a lot of people would rather watch Essendon v Carlton?

Good call, im hoping they fix this problem when the new deal is negotiated. Never used to be like this did it?

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Go to a pub to watch the game, theyve all got foxtel these days. Problem solved.

It's almost cheaper to go to the game/get fox.

Ten times a year to the pub x 2 drinks each for you and the Mrs @ $10 a drink = $400.

Foxtel's basic package (including sport) is around $600 for 12 months.

11 x budget family passes = $594.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Good call, im hoping they fix this problem when the new deal is negotiated. Never used to be like this did it?

When they had fox footy channel the FTA would cover Freo/WC then Fox would get the other game.

Just seems silly for ten to show the foxtel game then 1HD have the same game. Surely if Carlton/Essendon is the channel ten game they should show it on 1HD ??

Channel nine and Foxtel have formed an alliance for the next contract, I think the deal is that Fox want all 9 matches live and channel 9 will show 2 live (head to head with fox) and 2 delayed. At present paying hundreds of millions for the less desirable games is a shitty deal for fox.

Back