Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Probably the lineup I expected but I am still a little underwhelmed. I think they will add a big name female commentator and I'd expect a few more locals to be added for the lead up tournaments.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs

here we go

For me

John McEnroe (over-rated):thumbsdown:
Jim Courier :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Alicia Molik (yuck. Go Aussie go and not much else) :thumbsdown:
Todd Woodbridge (I rate. Good poach) :thumbsu:
Jelena Dokic :thumbsu::thumbsu: (good up and comer)
Sam Groth :think: :thumbsu: (never heard him too much)
Dylan Alcott :thumbsu: (from what little he has done, I have liked)

Lacks a big international WTA commentator. A Sam Smith or a Tracy Austin.

Agree with this but don’t mind McEnroe since he’ll speak his mind, better for post game talk than commentary but should have good synergy with Courier. Molik good if sleeping pills aren’t working.

I don't think he joined the ch9 team. I haven't heard anything about him lately
Thank god I had to look for international streams to watch last few grand slams such is my hate for the s**t he dribbles

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Thank god I had to look for international streams to watch last few grand slams such is my hate for the s**t he dribbles

Sorry Rasheed is on now with Peter Donergan. It seems like despite some of the early press they are really using alot of the same people especially in the lead up events.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
It won't matter next year with the change in the lead up tournaments for the men but Nine could have had two Channels just covering Brisbane for the first three days. A packed schedule again tomorrow

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Haven't annoyed me too much yet (although we'll see what they dish up at AO). Seem like they are still working it out, and they aren't C7 level sleaze competency, so naturally an improvement. The Hopman Cup coverage has been fairly solid considering Brisbane concurrent on same channel.

Whilst I've liked Pouille's fight this week, he is one of those players I took an instant distaste to several years ago, so I was hoping dearly that Ferrer's last Australian match wouldn't be narrowly losing the 2nd & 3rd sets. Don't think I could handle that outcome to that kind of player.

Most of the Hopman Cup players played respectable tennis this week, if it turns out to be the final hurrah it should be a proud one of the tournament which has brought us so much joy over the years (particularly in the heyday).

Back