NRL Channel 9 to show Melbourne Storm free-to-air games live locally

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you care?

Can't find them anywhere.

At the end of the day it's going to take a very long time to grow from a base of zero. This is what agitates me when people try and compare Rugby league in Melbourne to Aussie Rules in NSW and QLD. The two are simply incomparable.

I've done a 360 deg. turnaround and thanked a lady @ Ch.9 for showing Friday's game on Gem live into Melbourne.

The reply was "We are very happy to do so" etc etc.
It was a pleasure talking to a lady that knew her stuff.

MelT will be very happy with me now:)

Can't find them anywhere.

At the end of the day it's going to take a very long time to grow from a base of zero. This is what agitates me when people try and compare Rugby league in Melbourne to Aussie Rules in NSW and QLD. The two are simply incomparable.

Exactly this.

Though I am more than happy that Melbourbe is finally getting more NRL on TV. I love watching rugby league just as much as I love watching the afl.

Exactly this.

Though I am more than happy that Melbourbe is finally getting more NRL on TV. I love watching rugby league just as much as I love watching the afl.

I've read the live coverage may only be available until the end of April which would be very frustrating.

15k last night up against Blues v Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've read the live coverage may only be available until the end of April which would be very frustrating.

I read the same thing AM. One month is just not good enough and if all they worry about is the ratings and not promoting the game they have the rights to, is mindblowing.

Stuff them anyway!

76k for the Aus Vs NZ match last night.

15K for the Nine replay at Midnight.

Since 3 weeks it has grown three fold in ratings and without any promotion.

76k for the Aus Vs NZ match last night.

15K for the Nine replay at Midnight.

Since 3 weeks it has grown three fold in ratings and without any promotion.

Impressive numbers for Melbourne on Gem. Internationals have rated well on the past on Nine in Melbourne. But don't lie saying there wasn't any promotion, that's bullshit. Watch the AFL footy show and you will see at least 3-5 ads promoting the NRL on the next day. Remember the AFL footy show is watched by over 300,000 each week so that is massive exposure right there.

It would be rediculous to stop live coverage after April. Disappointing indeed.

I usually watch the footy show up to around 10-30 -45 and have never seen one ad for the Rugby league. If it's happening and it's a big if, it's well after the audience peaks.
I watch it right through to 11.30 each week and there is a minimum of three ads for the NRL the next day every week. Usually the first segment on TFS goes until about 10pm or a bit later so you probably just missed the first ad for the game.

Impressive numbers for Melbourne on Gem. Internationals have rated well on the past on Nine in Melbourne. But don't lie saying there wasn't any promotion, that's bullshit. Watch the AFL footy show and you will see at least 3-5 ads promoting the NRL on the next day. Remember the AFL footy show is watched by over 300,000 each week so that is massive exposure right there.

Is there something wrong with you? Seriously :rolleyes:

What a thick .....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back