Resource Chant etiquette

Chant etiquette

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The chant seems less frequent at Optus than in the Subi days. I want to hear it more often.

It's a fantastic spirit-raising expression of solidarity with the boys. With every respect to you Westy1 as a super passionate fan, in my experience it's arisen when game is tight; starting to turn; and then as we're heading into success.

The chant seems less frequent at Optus than in the Subi days. I want to hear it more often.

It's a fantastic spirit-raising expression of solidarity with the boys. With every respect to you Westy1 as a super passionate fan, in my experience it's arisen when game is tight; starting to turn; and then as we're heading into success.

Optus stadium is a beautiful stadium but because we don’t fill it I think we are a bit intimidated by it. Almost like we are in a fancy restaurant and need to be on our best behaviour.

We don’t seem to have critical mass of crowds to muster a good chant reaching around the stadium.

I’ve said it before but I went to a North Melbourne game at Docklands and we were flogging them. Their crowd was flat and dead quiet. Then they started playing this background noise with this bass almost like a heart beating, their fans were whipped into a frenzy North Melbourne responded and we got rolled.

Maybe we should do something similar. It can’t be forced and tacky but something subtle but effective for fans to not feel self conscious about cheering when the team needs a lift to win the game.

Optus stadium is a beautiful stadium but because we don’t fill it I think we are a bit intimidated by it. Almost like we are in a fancy restaurant and need to be on our best behaviour.

We don’t seem to have critical mass of crowds to muster a good chant reaching around the stadium.

I’ve said it before but I went to a North Melbourne game at Docklands and we were flogging them. Their crowd was flat and dead quiet. Then they started playing this background noise with this bass almost like a heart beating, their fans were whipped into a frenzy North Melbourne responded and we got rolled.

Maybe we should do something similar. It can’t be forced and tacky but something subtle but effective for fans to not feel self conscious about cheering when the team needs a lift to win the game.
Don’t want to turn it into the s**t that Australian basketball has become .
What a contrived load of wannabe crap .
Our cheering ( or lack of ) has been undermined by a fear of failure.
Need to get over that , not worry about what the old farts in the seats next to us think and cheer our guts out .
I can’t get to many games but I feel that part of the problem is our ageing demographic of members .

They are quite content for a day outs entertainment to fill in their retirement and have been let down so many times they have lost spirit.

Need to take our kids and get them pumped, but it’s a 2 way street and the players need to give us something to get pumped about which unfortunately hasn’t happened for many years .

The chant in the 4th quarter vs Sydney was perfect. I can’t remember if we were behind or in front at the time but the boys needed it and they lifted.

Hell no should it only be broken out when the game is won, that is so fairweather.

Didn’t the chant get going on GF day when we were 5 goals down, before we started hitting back? We’re Freo, underdogs and battlers, the chant is to spur them on to get over the line IMO.

Yep, agree totally
The chant in the 4th quarter vs Sydney was perfect. I can’t remember if we were behind or in front at the time but the boys needed it and they lifted.

Hell no should it only be broken out when the game is won, that is so fairweather.

Didn’t the chant get going on GF day when we were 5 goals down, before we started hitting back? We’re Freo, underdogs and battlers, the chant is to spur them on to get over the line IMO.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A chant is a chant when ever you want to use it.The more the better.The louder the better.The players have to hear it.
I would just love to hear it more often when we are behind and try to urge the players to a higher level.
We have always prided ourselves in hownoisy we as supporters are,et's be louder and louder.
After all we know we make more noise than the Yellas except when the boo, and that is pretty much all the time.;););).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t want to turn it into the sh*t that Australian basketball has become .
What a contrived load of wannabe crap .
Our cheering ( or lack of ) has been undermined by a fear of failure.
Need to get over that , not worry about what the old farts in the seats next to us think and cheer our guts out .
I can’t get to many games but I feel that part of the problem is our ageing demographic of members .

They are quite content for a day outs entertainment to fill in their retirement and have been let down so many times they have lost spirit.

Need to take our kids and get them pumped, but it’s a 2 way street and the players need to give us something to get pumped about which unfortunately hasn’t happened for many years .
You are lucky you don't sit near me then.I am, as you refer to us as, an old fart, and there are none more noisy than me during a game.
By all means take your kids, teach them how to barrack without becoming abusive,as happens so much with "younger2 type people.:cool::cool::cool:

As soo as The chant went up
GC had shot on goal
One of the problems with the chant is that it often starts after Freo have kicked a goal. It needs to start during a ball up or free play. Because it can be a 50/50 from the bounce whether Freo concede the goal.

I liked it early in the last quarter , it was locked in our backline and the chant went up .
Swear you could see the players lift a notch to get it out of there .
The chant is good , long live the chant !

Back