Roast Chapman intends to retire (within 12 months) ...

I don't know which was better/worse - during the Tippett shambles, or when Essendon got weaker sanctions than us, and Chappy was going to fire up and demand an explanation and justice from the AFL...

And then did nothing.

Somebody able to dig up the emails from Chapman at that time?
You have no idea what he did behind closed doors. Just because it didn’t play out in public doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Besides the point vlad would have told him to * off.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
You have no idea what he did behind closed doors. Just because it didn’t play out in public doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Besides the point vlad would have told him to fu** off.

He promised a public response Jen. If you’re too spineless or culpable to deliver then don’t promise in the first place. During the Trigg debacle he made 2 statements pertaining to public disclosures that he failed to deliver upon. First was the ‘we can’t wait to get our side out after the process has completed’ and the second was his promised fiery response to Vlad’s assertion that Essendon got lighter penalties because they cooperated. We’ve heard nothing on either. I don’t care if we do or don’t, Macca23 gave me the inside scoop direct from a board member anyway. But, if you’re going to big note yourself with strong words and promises then you need to be held accountable for that.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I highly doubt you'd know or even you know people who would know.

He's miles above people like us, it would not surprise me if he pays more tax than 99% of this board earns in a year.

Sure, we might not think he's doing a great job, but that's where our influence ends.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
I don't know which was better/worse - during the Tippett shambles, or when Essendon got weaker sanctions than us, and Chappy was going to fire up and demand an explanation and justice from the AFL...

And then did nothing.

Somebody able to dig up the emails from Chapman at that time?

Remember when Demetriou was interviewed on AA and stated that this was because Essendon co-operated and we didn't? Would have though it that was remotely not true plenty of grounds for a legal case. But there was silence from Crow land, I wonder why?

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
At some point this board is going to realise his reputation hasn't been tarnished and he's not as bad as what people on here like to make out.

Post AFC he will continue to be far more successful than any of us ever will be.

Sitting around the camp fire holding hands with his hand picked corporate mates singing koubah ya whilst they cover each others unaccountable backsides somehow is a definition of success.
Sure he will get opportunities only because all the pigs eat from the same trough....all looking after each other.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Sitting around the camp fire holding hands with his hand picked corporate mates singing koubah ya whilst they cover each others unaccountable backsides somehow is a definition of success.
Sure he will get opportunities only because all the pigs eat from the same trough....all looking after each other.
Yep, that's generally what people who aren't successful say.

I think we call them Trump Voters these days

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

I think we call them Trump Voters these days

Im successfully in my own way and happy from where I started and what I've accumulated.

At least Trump has the balls to say it like it is and unlike Chapman was voted by the people and will be accountable to the people.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

You’d be surprised.
Im successfully in my own way and happy from where I started and what I've accumulated.

At least Trump has the balls to say it like it is and unlike Chapman was voted by the people and will be accountable to the people.

He actually doesn’t know who he’s addressing on this board. There are a lot of posters here successful in their own right.

There are also a lot of people in Adelaide - successful, accomplished people - who think the jig is up for Chapman, and that his credibility as a football club chairman is close to zero.

The one thing he has going for him is that he isn’t answerable to anyone. Great gig if you can get it, but he is turning into easily the most hated person in the history of the Adelaide Football Club.

Members won’t forget this.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
You’d be surprised.

He actually doesn’t know who he’s addressing on this board. There are a lot of posters here successful in their own right.

There are also a lot of people in Adelaide - successful, accomplished people - who think the jig is up for Chapman, and that his credibility as a football club chairman is close to zero.

The one thing he has going for him is that he isn’t answerable to anyone. Great gig if you can get it, but he is turning into easily the most hated person in the history of the Adelaide Football Club.

Members won’t forget this.

I think his times up, should have gone after the Tippet saga.

But being hated by a bunch of internet posters doesn't change his success. As much as that is annoying.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think his times up, should have gone after the Tippet saga.

But being hated by a bunch of internet posters doesn't change his success. As much as that is annoying.

Nobody doubts he’s had success, just not in football.

He’s going to be remembered as the man who presided over a laundry list of the club’s most embarrassing and costly moments.

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Nobody doubts he’s had success, just not in football.

He’s going to be remembered as the man who presided over a laundry list of the club’s most embarrassing and costly moments.
That's going to be interesting, he should be remenered for Tippet Saga or the Sanderson debacle or any other if the crap of the last 20 years.

I get the feeling he's going to be the one remembered for the Walsh then this review stuff.

At some point this board is going to realise his reputation hasn't been tarnished and he's not as bad as what people on here like to make out.

Post AFC he will continue to be far more successful than any of us ever will be.
Lol, speak for yourself.

I'm the best in my specialty in Australia.

Chapman can't say the same. ;)

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I highly doubt you'd know or even you know people who would know.

He's miles above people like us, it would not surprise me if he pays more tax than 99% of this board earns in a year.

Sure, we might not think he's doing a great job, but that's where our influence ends.

Man, you must hate yourself

Lighten up or see a therapist

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fill me in then mate.

Or like usual skirt the question.

Pretty bloody obvious isn’t it?

Don’t lump everyone else in with your own self loathing and low expectations

If you’re going to get all creepy infatuated with some icon of business perfection you could aim a bit higher than Rob bloody Chapman!

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Pretty bloody obvious isn’t it?

Don’t lump everyone else in with your own self loathing and low expectations

If you’re going to get all creepy infatuated with some icon of business perfection you could aim a bit higher than Rob bloody Chapman!

Lol.

1/2 day and that's all you've got? You are slipping mate.

Back