Roast Chapman intends to retire (within 12 months) ...

I think the optimum tenure time for a CEO/President is now down to 5 years (used to be around 7 a decade or so ago).

Chapman has definitely been there way too long.
The only reason a Chair should stay longer than usual is if they were really good/successful.

Given Tippett-gate, collective minds & the past 2 years, he has way outstayed his welcome.

Should resign now as part of the refresh of AFC.

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did this dickhead embarrass himself on FiveAA again today?

He actually spoke pretty well I thought, the only thing that rankled with me was that he asked for some 'clean air' whilst the review is on. He said Pav is arriving tomorrow or Friday and that once the review is done, Dunstall will prepare a written report for the board and present it verbally in front of the board

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can someone actually pin him down on a handover date?

Shouldn’t be hard, as he assures us it’s happening... just not with any specifics.

His reputation is everything to him and his new consulting firm. He won’t be going until his tenure is something to be celebrated. Which basically means that he won’t be going at all.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
BB50E221-D939-491F-9DB3-9CBD89C62B26.png

He ain’t going anywhere and he reinforces he’s doing it for love

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I'd bet anything Chapman organised that article to be written. He has had his reputation tarnished so much in recent months he needed something like this to try and appear like he is in demand.
At some point this board is going to realise his reputation hasn't been tarnished and he's not as bad as what people on here like to make out.

Post AFC he will continue to be far more successful than any of us ever will be.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It simply shouldn’t be a full time job. I wonder if he’s ever let go after filling the void when Triggy was suspended. I still wonder why have a COO. We’re a footy club that generates most of its revenue from season ticket sales, we play 22 times per year, we seek sponsorship and host events at games and a couple outside of games. Reality is that while the numbers are large, it’s not big business, it’s just a footy club. Their challenges are no different to the average ammo club or any other sporting club. It’s just that the numbers are bigger.

Back