Roast Chapman intends to retire (within 12 months) ...

He promised a public response Jen. If you’re too spineless or culpable to deliver then don’t promise in the first place. During the Trigg debacle he made 2 statements pertaining to public disclosures that he failed to deliver upon. First was the ‘we can’t wait to get our side out after the process has completed’ and the second was his promised fiery response to Vlad’s assertion that Essendon got lighter penalties because they cooperated. We’ve heard nothing on either. I don’t care if we do or don’t, Macca23 gave me the inside scoop direct from a board member anyway. But, if you’re going to big note yourself with strong words and promises then you need to be held accountable for that.
Yep, fair comment.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
* me, Blightly asks if Chapman will still stand down this year...

"He's super passionate and engaged and involved - he invests so much time in the Club.... and I laugh when people ask how much he gets paid."

Straight from the PR spin playbook they're all going with - don't comment on competency or performance, just how much they love the Club.

And once again, Chapman will lead the recruitment process for the Chairman replacement, and if that takes a year or two, then so be it.

* this club.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
fu** me, Blightly asks if Chapman will still stand down this year...

"He's super passionate and engaged and involved - he invests so much time in the Club.... and I laugh when people ask how much he gets paid."

Straight from the PR spin playbook they're all going with - don't comment on competency or performance, just how much they love the Club.

And once again, Chapman will lead the recruitment process for the Chairman replacement, and if that takes a year or two, then so be it.

fu** this club.

Who asks how much he gets paid? Surely nobody, but it’s a great straw man and just off the back of a leaked Racing SA offer. I wonder how hot the phones are ring at Crapman Inc?

Does anybody think that the Chairs of Hawthorn, Geelong, West Coast do 3 full days per week in club operations? If they did it would only be due to a complete * up by someone and would only be damage control amongst sponsors. Think Mark Williams with the neck tie and the, “you were wrong”. Important people would have been reaching out to sponsors after that. Even then, I think the paid CEO could probably have handled 90% of it.

Fagan must love Crappy looking over his shoulder 3 days per week. Seriously, WTAF!! FFS Crappy, just piss off and fail somewhere else. Try Sydney again, more moderate climate I hear.

George 13

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
He has to go and go soon, I have been wanting him gone since Tippettgate.

Having watched the last couple of press conferences with Chapman and Fagan involved, the one thing that I have noticed, every time Fagan gets a question that effing Chapman feels the need to cut him off and finish answering the question for Fagan was answering, I could be looking in to it to much but I reckon Fagan would be thinking * off Chapman It was a question to me not you.

Either way time for change, Chapman needs to go, Campo needs to go, Burton needs to go.

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
I highly doubt you'd know or even you know people who would know.

He's miles above people like us, it would not surprise me if he pays more tax than 99% of this board earns in a year.

Sure, we might not think he's doing a great job, but that's where our influence ends.

Big assumption there, and a little over the top.

No doubt he's successful in western terms but that just adds to the confusion for me. If he were really that good, there wouldn't be glaringly obvious issues with a) the structure of the board, and b) the level of operations he's involved in. It's ameture hour.

I'm kind of left just questioning if banking is that hard to fail at to be honest.

Not that it matters but he and Fagan both said the club is in good shape . Except the winning football part, hence the review.

I assume they mean financially.

The baseball team looks the goods.

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who asks how much he gets paid? Surely nobody, but it’s a great straw man and just off the back of a leaked Racing SA offer. I wonder how hot the phones are ring at Crapman Inc?

Does anybody think that the Chairs of Hawthorn, Geelong, West Coast do 3 full days per week in club operations? If they did it would only be due to a complete fu** up by someone and would only be damage control amongst sponsors. Think Mark Williams with the neck tie and the, “you were wrong”. Important people would have been reaching out to sponsors after that. Even then, I think the paid CEO could probably have handled 90% of it.

Fagan must love Crappy looking over his shoulder 3 days per week. Seriously, WTAF!! FFS Crappy, just p**s off and fail somewhere else. Try Sydney again, more moderate climate I hear.

Sometimes good CEO's make s**t Chairman. I know I would because I need to drive outcomes. I'm wondering how clever Chapman could be at either if he thinks the level of involvement he has at the AFC is appropriate. Chapman is the pseudo CEO and Fagan is the pseudo COO.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Chapman in today's presser..

I just want to take this opportunity to make it clear the club is in really good shape.

Wow.
If we were in poor shape how would things be going?

Missing finals
Coach sackings
Players leaving
Captain standing down
External review team called in

Thank goodness none of those disaster signs are occurring.

thebirdman 24

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm sick of hearing the following from this spud:

We need fresh air - they have trotted this one out a few times now in order to silence fans/media.

We are in good shape - no we are not, we have the AFL's worst football department and are in constant crisis. The fans don't GAF about financials or baseball or Esports.

Our staff are working harder than anyone for success - no one disagrees that people are putting in the hours, but are they working smart? Are they the right people? Is the message they are sending the right one?

The final one is 'trust us' - the AFC has absolutely no trust from fans as a result of so many poor decisions and years of mediocrity, which has been presided over the Chapman. Fiasco after fiasco, coach after coach, disappointing finals, poor player retention, bad culture, treating fans with contempt, and many more.

His e-mail blast was embarrassing. Why is Fagan not sending this? I feel as if Fagan has very little actual power and is overridden by Chapman at every turn.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm sick of hearing the following from this spud:

We need fresh air - they have trotted this one out a few times now in order to silence fans/media.

We are in good shape - no we are not, we have the AFL's worst football department and are in constant crisis. The fans don't GAF about financials or baseball or Esports.

Our staff are working harder than anyone for success - no one disagrees that people are putting in the hours, but are they working smart? Are they the right people? Is the message they are sending the right one?

The final one is 'trust us' - the AFC has absolutely no trust from fans as a result of so many poor decisions and years of mediocrity, which has been presided over the Chapman. Fiasco after fiasco, coach after coach, disappointing finals, poor player retention, bad culture, treating fans with contempt, and many more.

His e-mail blast was embarrassing. Why is Fagan not sending this? I feel as if Fagan has very little actual power and is overridden by Chapman at every turn.
Chapman thinks the members actually rate him

And unfortunately he won't step down until 'the ship is steadied' as it will reflect poorly on him (which it should!)

Not to mention, he wants to be there for the ribbon cutting of the Rob Chapman Centre of Excellence.

Back