Certified Legendary Thread Chapman, Roo, Fagan all of board must announce they will depart end of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

This segment is just embarressing and not even slightly funny. Do people actually tune in to listen to Roo for 3 hours with his scratchy voice and no sense of humour?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not funny is a judgement call (which I happen to agree with) but there’s nothing even remotely offensive about it.

Not funny is a judgement call (which I happen to agree with) but there’s nothing even remotely offensive about it.
I feel for future generations, they aren't going to be allowed a sense of humour

Nigel Smart gave the club a fair whack on Cornesys conversation thing.

I agree with much of what he said..... But it came from him so I'm conflicted

i’d love to hear it - he was COO, who’s fault does he think it was?!

Interesting chat with ol Nige.

he’s still as confident in his own views as ever, but is also just as introspective

not sure how thick you’d have to be to think he wasn’t an intelligent bloke.

he’s probably a bit too candid for his own good, and wouldn’t be easy to manage. I’d expect plenty didn’t understand what he was actually getting at in that interview.

he did however explain pretty clearly what his role was, and the source of friction with Fagan.

he couldn’t have been clearer that he thought Fagan was an idiot, and the source of many problems. Burton by implication, and that he thought he’d run his course at the club.

Esports was improving its financial position, and at last count had narrowed its annual losses to about $100,000 - so much for the lying 🤥 space cadet claiming it didn’t lose money.

seemed as perplexed as anyone about our list management, and couldn’t understand why some long term contracts were handed out. But that he didn’t have any contact with the footy side of things and was increasingly isolated - that happens when he was hired to drive off field revenue and you get a questionable CEO who knows nothing about footy appointed, and therefore starts to encroach on your territory because he knows nothing else.

Interesting to see his role was only created when Trigg was suspended and Chapman appointed himself temporary CEO.

lastly was unambiguous in that he thought the problem with the club in recent years, and that there had been big problems, was that there were wrong people in wrong seats. Also that were he chairman he would have gotten rid of the same people that the review and Olsen had.

a really good listen

Thanks for the summary - definitely going to have to give it a listen.

Surprising that someone who was inside of the tent, and was clearly part of the problem, also stayed within the tent, and then was happy to piss into it when he left.

Thanks for the summary - definitely going to have to give it a listen.

Surprising that someone who was inside of the tent, and was clearly part of the problem, also stayed within the tent, and then was happy to piss into it when he left.

nah, I think the issue was this:
  • after the Trigg / Tippett shitshow the board is outraged. Thinks the club is out of control. Needs to be gotten a grip of
  • Chairman & vice chairman team up to Batman and Robin it by getting a grip on day to day management; hoping to realign board and management. I.e. interim CEO & COO
  • Fagan gets appointed CEO following year
  • Smart is gradually isolated by a non-footy CEO who only knows operations, so pushes him out
  • Sticks at it. Finds himself no longer in harmony with Board who have to back Fagan having appointed him
  • Gets increasingly frustrated by idiot CEO and some of his idiot appointments
  • Agitates from within
  • Time is up

It’s very easy to see how that happens.

interesting to see how he emphasised things like membership and off field revenue was his responsibility, which is the stuff that Fagan tried to claim credit for

Listening to Smart, our players are so much more liekable when they aren’t involved in running or coaching the club.
Both Ben Hart and Nigel Smart are champions of our footy club and it's a damn shame their reputations were tarnished by their time as coaches and admin respectively. It's not their fault they were out of their depth. It's the people who put them there that are the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Ben Hart and Nigel Smart are champions of our footy club and it's a damn shame their reputations were tarnished by their time as coaches and admin respectively. It's not their fault they were out of their depth. It's the people who put them there that are the problem.
Poor appointments by the Administration however the individuals still have to take responsibility for their own role performance and development

I know to this day that Hart still believes that he is a quality AFL coach and has been hard done by at Adelaide and Collingwood

I am not actually sure what Smart did at the club on a day to day basis

As time passes both Smart and Hart will again be remembered more for their playing contribution, rather than their off-foeld lack of contribution

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Poor appointments by the Administration however the individuals still have to take responsibility for their own role performance and development

I know to this day that Hart still believes that he is a quality AFL coach and has been hard done by at Adelaide and Collingwood
That's not how things work. Under-performing coaches don't put their hands up saying "I suck at my job, you should fire me". It's up to leadership to figure out who's pulling their weight and make changes where needed.

So we had incompetent & disconnected CEO, COO & Football Director.... & a clueless & unaccountable board.... so it's no wonder we went to s**t very quickly!

Fortunately most have now left the building & been replaced... & i gather Olsen will continue to cleanout those which haven't... or reduce their influence.

So we had incompetent & disconnected CEO, COO & Football Director.... & a clueless & unaccountable board.... so it's no wonder we went to sh*t very quickly!

Fortunately most have now left the building & been replaced... & i gather Olsen will continue to cleanout those which haven't... or reduce their influence.
Makes a nice change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back