Certified Legendary Thread Chapman, Roo, Fagan all of board must announce they will depart end of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grant Kelley has dropped out of the bid to be chairman after speaking with the current board.

With quotes likes, no wonder he didn't gel with the current board:

“Clubs exist to win premierships, not to serve corporate interests, and that’s why you have to start with what’s happening on the field.”
Or he couldnt be arsed hanging around doing the hard yards

declaring the task to turn their fortunes around would be too “significant and time-consuming”

Vicinity CEO and Adelaide 36ers owner Grant Kelley said he wouldn’t progress his interest in joining the Crows board, warning the next chair would be taking on a long-term role in steering the bottom-placed club back to success.

“My analysis, and my concern in taking on the role, is not based on what’s happening off the field but based on what’s happening on the field – which tells me the turnaround of the club will be significant and very time-consuming for whichever individual takes on the role,” he told InDaily.

Grant Kelley has dropped out of the bid to be chairman after speaking with the current board.

With quotes likes, no wonder he didn't gel with the current board:

“Clubs exist to win premierships, not to serve corporate interests, and that’s why you have to start with what’s happening on the field.”

Someone needs to have another chat with that guy, he sounds like the exact sort of cutthroat operator you need in the trenches.

It sickens me to see the links Randall has with Chapman and Trigg. I'd really like to know the process in appointing board members. Shouldn't there be some nomination process? Seems like Chappy just shot an email out to his mates at Westpac house.

This quote would be where the truth lies.....regardless if he is the right man or not.

However, it’s likely Kelley read the tea-leaves after meetings with current board members reinforced their view that he was not part of their plans.

And this is why you would have zero confidence the incoming will be any better than their "mates" they're replacing.

This quote would be where the truth lies.....regardless if he is the right man or not.

However, it’s likely Kelley read the tea-leaves after meetings with current board members reinforced their view that he was not part of their plans.

And this is why you would have zero confidence the incoming will be any better than their "mates" they're replacing.
Neither would he though.

That isn't the point though and we wont get the "right" person while the legacy of the clique continues with their appointments.
That's true, but Kelley wasn't the right person either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sickens me to see the links Randall has with Chapman and Trigg. I'd really like to know the process in appointing board members. Shouldn't there be some nomination process? Seems like Chappy just shot an email out to his mates at Westpac house.

that is the nomination process for appointed directors.

If our football club has board rot, can someone explain to me how we have produced such an exceptional women's football program?

Everything has been executed to perfection. We have an elite program. We have won two of the three available premierships so far. We are seeing astronomical growth in support from women and girls in South Australia. We have done it entirely by ourselves. Not with AFL help, as the two minnow clubs in Victoria did pre-AFLW.

Meanwhile Collingwood's program is fifth rate. An afterthought. Almost insulting. Half the big Victorian clubs showed little interest at all. If these clubs have better admin, it would be in their DNA, part of their charter, to make an elite, professional execution of every club endeavour. There is no evidence of that. Our program is better.
The board has been too distracted by the men's team to pay attention to it

What are their plans I wonder?

If our football club has board rot, can someone explain to me how we have produced such an exceptional women's football program?

Everything has been executed to perfection. We have an elite program. We have won two of the three available premierships so far. We are seeing astronomical growth in support from women and girls in South Australia. We have done it entirely by ourselves. Not with AFL help, as the two minnow clubs in Victoria did pre-AFLW.

Meanwhile Collingwood's program is fifth rate. An afterthought. Almost insulting. Half the big Victorian clubs showed little interest at all. If these clubs have better admin, it would be in their DNA, part of their charter, to make an elite, professional execution of every club endeavour. There is no evidence of that. Our program is better.
Those clubs probably prioritise their men's team.

Credit to us for taking the lead and investing. In time hopefully other clubs will follow our example and the competition will grow/strengthen.

It also diminishes our accomplishment though if part of the reason we've been successful is that other clubs aren't taking it seriously (or participating at all). That's no fault of ours of course but it would be disingenuous to think otherwise.

The priority is the mens team.

Apples and oranges. Doc Clarke is a flag winning coach, you think he's in demand as a senior coach elsewhere. His assistants don't even have jobs in development roles in the men's league. It's improving rapidly, but it's a semi-professional league. You answered your own question when you described Collingwood's program. It also helps when you have 2 of the best 5 footballers in the league. And we've seen the results of our formula 1 system against the formula 5s when one or both of them aren't playing or are playing injured. It's a league that an averagely run can succeed in, you pretty well posted the reasons why yourself.

This is going to be unpopular, but the AFLW is just another symptom of one of the many issues at the Crows.

AFLW, esports, baseball... they're all distractions that draw resources away from where our focus should be and NONE of them will be profitible in the short or medium term.

This is going to be unpopular, but the AFLW is just another symptom of one of the many issues at the Crows.

AFLW, esports, baseball... they're all distractions that draw resources away from where our focus should be and NONE of them will be profitible in the short or medium term.
Its not unpopular - its factual - but its long term value is much much much better than the eSports and Baseball

From inDaily;

In the past decade (2011 onwards), Adelaide has missed finals five times; sacked two coaches, Pyke and Brenton Sanderson, while on long-term contracts; lost significant players such as eventual Brownlow Medallist Patrick Dangerfield and endured scandals from the Kurt Tippett salary cap breach to the infamous Gold Coast camp.

... With no accountability at executive/management level for any of these massive blunders.

Its not unpopular - its factual - but its long term value is much much much better than the eSports and Baseball

Is it? Name me one profitable female league in Australia?

As far as I'm aware every female competition is amateurs or relies on government subsidies to keep its head above water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back