Certified Legendary Thread Chapman, Roo, Fagan all of board must announce they will depart end of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we hold any hope of getting key people into the club that are not afraid to speak up and are not afraid to make the necessary changes to make us a better club. I am sick of having leaders of the club that run the club like its a corporate business, i am just annoyed that is only Chapman going and not Fagan and Roo as well. Also, we really need to get Smart and Jameson out of the club, really turned off all of them.

The sad truth is we are going nowhere with those in charge of the club and i also forgot to add Reid who clearly has no clue what he is doing, list destroyer not list manager.
The AFL owns the licence. People complaining to the club will not achieve anything. 15-20k emails/letters to the AFL detailing why the "customers" will not be turning up to matches next year would be significant and unable to be overlooked. Nothing will change at our club until the AFL decides it's time to change. They would be currently looking at our insipid onfield performances and be devising their course of action. They cannot allow our current leadership to trash the AFC and AFL brand. Too much money involved.

Good morning gentlemen,

I congratulate Mr Randall on his recent surprise appointment to the board, and thank Mr McDowell for his service in his indisputably busy time, I understand how difficult and time-consuming these positions can be. I have three questions I'd be very happy if you could answer, in your capacities as chair and member-voted board members, about this:

(1) Under what authority is this board making recommendations as to those who would replace them? Since the board are currently steering the wooden-spoon favourite after a litany of mis-steps and disasters over a ten-year period*, are the AFL simply "taking your word" for it?

(2) Does this board have a plan? We've spent forever saying we don't need a rebuild when the opposite was patently true, is there any document spelling out what we're doing to get back to the top, anything to placate the members throwing $$$ at the club in the vain hope we have some idea or direction - is there a plan?

(3) I note that Mr Stephen Trigg is Mr Randall's CEO at Seppeltsfield's Winery**. Can you categorically rule out Stephen Trigg returning to the club in any capacity whatsoever at any time?

I understand these are pointed questions for a Saturday morning but they're pertinent in the way wooden-spoon favourite clubs should be able to answer. Our current position is totally unacceptable.

Thank you very much,
Deaneus the Infirm

and i got these responses, i highlighted the bits i don't like

1. The Board has a number of processes in place to fill Appointed Director roles or casual vacancies as is the case with the position previously held by Jim McDowell. This includes a skills matrix across a range of areas deemed necessary for the Board to govern effectively, and the qualifications and experiences of each Director are mapped against it. In regards to the most recent appointment, we were looking for someone with a strong background in business, international trade and marketing. There is also a nominations committee which reviews potential candidates. The final step is to put any personnel change forward for AFL approval but it should be noted the League has no input into the selection, other than signing off the incoming Director is fit to hold such a role.
if we need a guy with experience in "business", what are the other 8 directors for?
if we need a guy with experience in "marketing", what are the other 8 directors for?
if we need a guy with experience in "international trade", what are we doing? selling arms overseas?
and yes the AFL have no say.. other than final veto power

1. The Club is in the final year of a five-year strategic plan and many of our objectives have been achieved, such as two AFLW premierships, an AFL Grand Final appearance, strong progress on a new facility project, and growth and diversification of our revenue base. The process of building a new blueprint for the future had begun prior to COVID-19 and like many organisations around the world, we are now working on a short to medium term plan focussed on recovery to ensure we emerge from the pandemic in the best possible shape both on and off the field. We are committed to making this document available to our Members so they can clearly understand the path forward while also holding the Board, senior management, staff, coaches and players accountable. We are well down the track with our list management strategy and while on-field performances have clearly not been at the desired level, our young players are making progress as we look to rebuild the playing list.
You're joking?
We're in the final year of a five year plan (which i have no recollection of... anyone?) but we're committed to making this plan available to members? Is this like Chapman really wants to tell us what happened with Tippett?
I think i read this wrong - they mean disseminate the new plan, not the old one
Oh and we're "well down the track with our list management strategy" which is why we're last. Bold strategy Cotton.

1. The Club has not approached Steven Trigg and there is no intention to have him fill any current role. Recent speculation is being driven by sections of the media
Thank *. I don't like his proximity to the club though.
cleardot.gif

Club is in major ass covering mode. As if we didn't know.

Last edited:
Good morning gentlemen,

I congratulate Mr Randall on his recent surprise appointment to the board, and thank Mr McDowell for his service in his indisputably busy time, I understand how difficult and time-consuming these positions can be. I have three questions I'd be very happy if you could answer, in your capacities as chair and member-voted board members, about this:

(1) Under what authority is this board making recommendations as to those who would replace them? Since the board are currently steering the wooden-spoon favourite after a litany of mis-steps and disasters over a ten-year period*, are the AFL simply "taking your word" for it?

(2) Does this board have a plan? We've spent forever saying we don't need a rebuild when the opposite was patently true, is there any document spelling out what we're doing to get back to the top, anything to placate the members throwing $$$ at the club in the vain hope we have some idea or direction - is there a plan?

(3) I note that Mr Stephen Trigg is Mr Randall's CEO at Seppeltsfield's Winery**. Can you categorically rule out Stephen Trigg returning to the club in any capacity whatsoever at any time?

I understand these are pointed questions for a Saturday morning but they're pertinent in the way wooden-spoon favourite clubs should be able to answer. Our current position is totally unacceptable.

Thank you very much,
Deaneus the Infirm

1. The Board has a number of processes in place to fill Appointed Director roles or casual vacancies as is the case with the position previously held by Jim McDowell. This includes a skills matrix across a range of areas deemed necessary for the Board to govern effectively, and the qualifications and experiences of each Director are mapped against it. In regards to the most recent appointment, we were looking for someone with a strong background in business, international trade and marketing. There is also a nominations committee which reviews potential candidates. The final step is to put any personnel change forward for AFL approval but it should be noted the League has no input into the selection, other than signing off the incoming Director is fit to hold such a role.
if we need a guy with experience in "business", what are the other 8 directors for?
if we need a guy with experience in "marketing", what are the other 8 directors for?
if we need a guy with experience in "international trade", what are we doing? selling arms overseas?

1. The Club is in the final year of a five-year strategic plan and many of our objectives have been achieved, such as two AFLW premierships, an AFL Grand Final appearance, strong progress on a new facility project, and growth and diversification of our revenue base. The process of building a new blueprint for the future had begun prior to COVID-19 and like many organisations around the world, we are now working on a short to medium term plan focussed on recovery to ensure we emerge from the pandemic in the best possible shape both on and off the field. We are committed to making this document available to our Members so they can clearly understand the path forward while also holding the Board, senior management, staff, coaches and players accountable. We are well down the track with our list management strategy and while on-field performances have clearly not been at the desired level, our young players are making progress as we look to rebuild the playing list.
You're joking?
We're in the final year of a five year plan (which i have no recollection of... anyone?) but we're committed to making this plan available to members? Is this like Chapman really wants to tell us what happened with Tippett?
Oh and we're "well down the track with our list management strategy" which is why we're last. Bold strategy Cotton.

1. The Club has not approached Steven Trigg and there is no intention to have him fill any current role. Recent speculation is being driven by sections of the media
Thank fu**. I don't like his proximity to the club though.
cleardot.gif

Was a wooden spoon in this 5 year strategic plan? Based on the fact we are about to win it and we didn’t win a flag, it means the 5 year strategic plan is a total and utter fail!

Are we going to join the Power in Chinah?

Good morning gentlemen,

Thank you very much,
Deaneus the Infirm

You're joking?

cleardot.gif

The statement on the plan is a clear indication that we did not plan on rebuilding this year. That is a damning revelation

The statement on the plan is a clear indication that we did not plan on rebuilding this year. That is a damning revelation
I thought that during Fages Trainwreck on Monday actually.

So the team and coaches are effectively flying blind. Makes sense

Was a wooden spoon in this 5 year strategic plan? Based on the fact we are about to win it and we didn’t win a flag, it means the 5 year strategic plan is a total and utter fail!

Are we going to join the Power in Chinah?

I wonder if contract payouts were part of the plan.

What a load of s**t.

It’s all rubbish, but I’d specifically ask for elaboration here;

We are well down the track with our list management strategy and while on-field performances have clearly not been at the desired level, our young players are making progress as we look to rebuild the playing list.”

That is a blatant lie.

For a start - what is the list management strategy? There has been no clear and coherent approach.

And which young players are making progress? Jones? McHenry?

AFC management is a disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of sh*t.

We are well down the track with our list management strategy and while on-field performances have clearly not been at the desired level, our young players are making progress as we look to rebuild the playing list.”

That is a blatant lie.

For a start - what is the list management strategy? There has been no clear and coherent approach.

I'd say Sholl, McAsey, Hamill and McAdam are making progress.

And you'd expect them to be down the track with this year's management strategy, so I'm not sure they're lying about that either.

It's what that strategy is that's the problem.

Good morning gentlemen,

Thank you very much,
Deaneus the Infirm

You're joking?

cleardot.gif

I should point out I misread part of their response, they’re trying to work out how to share the new plan, not the old plan

Does anyone remember the old plan? It’s the kind of thing i thought I’d remember

I should point out I misread part of their response, they’re trying to work out how to share the new plan, not the old plan

Does anyone remember the old plan? It’s the kind of thing i thought I’d remember
5 years is a long time but I agree.

Phil Harper is good at keeping emails, might do well to ask him.

It feels like we are in an episode of Yes Minister.

Good morning gentlemen,

Thank you very much,
Deaneus the Infirm

You're joking?

cleardot.gif

So at the end of a 5 year plan we are stone motherless last with no wins in a year... or the worse record in 100 years... after being a chance of a flag only 3 years ago.

This is the most ****ed 5 year plan ever!

Why hasn't our most incompetent chairman EVER resigned yet after overseeing 2 major * ups?

Chappy YOU are the #1 problem. If you truly love our club * off asap!

I don't recall the plan was to take us from a premiership squad playing in the grand final to the worst wooden spooners in 100 years.... I must have missed that email.

I don't recall the plan was to take us from a premiership squad playing in the grand final to the worst wooden spooners in 100 years.... I must have missed that email.
That was in the edited version.

This was always the plan, I mean everyone in the club is doing a great job.

international trade? Wtf

List Management: David Mackay for whoever wins the Golden Boot in this year's EPL

What a load of sh*t.

That is a blatant lie.

I've asked for copies of both plans. I've always been treated fairly by the admin but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

So at the end of a 5 year plan we are stone motherless last with no wins in a year... or the worse record in 100 years... after being a chance of a flag only 3 years ago.

This is the most f’ed 5 year plan ever!

Why hasn't our most incompetent chairman EVER resigned yet after overseeing 2 major fu** ups?

Chappy YOU are the #1 problem. If you truly love our club fu** off asap!

Just want to know at the moment, where is our Chairman?

Crickets, crickets, crickets!

Incredible.

We'll let you know at the end of the five years what the plan was. And oh yeah we achieved everything in it.

Let me guess. Scrawled at the bottom will be a note Might need to be prepared to go down the ladder in order to come up again.

Check.

Year 4 of plan: External review, mass sackings, contract payouts.

Check.

There’s an article in the paper about the Adelaide Airport losing money hand over fist. Chapman is chairman of that as well. Nowhere to be seen.

That's unsurprising, the losing money part at least - is it fair to say he's certainly good at hiding when the heat is on?

Did you miss any of the emails lately trying to sell you stuff? there's been a lot!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back