Certified Legendary Thread Chapman, Roo, Fagan all of board must announce they will depart end of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree to disagree on that one.

I thought he was good for a while, but he seemed to completely lose interest after the 2017 GF. Goes for months without being seen during the season. Think he's been trying to land another gig for a while.

I thought he was good for a while, but he seemed to completely lose interest after the 2017 GF. Goes for months without being seen during the season. Think he's been trying to land another gig for a while.
Probably yeah, I just hope we are proactive finding a replacement.

He's protecting a circa $1m/year gig whereas the other 2 self appoint themselves into their voluntary roles. His reputation and future employment opportunities are being trashed. My money is on him wanting it fixed for his own needs whereas the other 2 were happy to back in Burton because AFC is basically a hobby.

Let's not be naive, Chapman and Roo man not directly drawing a salary from the club but they absolutely have their snouts in the trough. They have a vested interest in keeping their positions for the other money that gets funneled their way because of those positions.

Let's not be naive, Chapman and Roo man not directly drawing a salary from the club but they absolutely have their snouts in the trough. They have a vested interest in keeping their positions for the other money that gets funneled their way because of those positions.
Sort of.

Neither would benefit in their working lives from being on the AFC board.

Probably yeah, I just hope we are proactive finding a replacement.

Problem is that the group that picks the next CEO is the board. Which has Chapman I at the reigns currently, Chapman II coming in and a bunch of yes men who have shown they aren't willing to stand up and demand we actually have a proper selection process for the next chairman.

Problem is that the group that picks the next CEO is the board. Which has Chapman I at the reigns currently, Chapman II coming in and a bunch of yes men who have shown they aren't willing to stand up and demand we actually have a proper selection process for the next chairman.
No it doesn't, Chappy is done as is Hazel.

Sort of.

Neither would benefit in their working lives from being on the AFC board.

You don't think Roo gets more media opportunities because of his board position?

Because he sure as hell isn't there for his 1)humor 2)strategic insight 3)charisma

You don't think Roo gets more media opportunities because of his board position?

Because he sure as hell isn't there for his 1)humor 2)strategic insight 3)charisma
He's there because he's Roo, one of the finest footballers SA has produced.

.. did you see who they are appointing as next Chairman? A corrupt politician.
Hmmmm yes I did and that is deeply concerning, though coming from Rooch I'm not convinced that is happening yet.

He's there because he's Roo, one of the finest footballers SA has produced.

Agree to disagree.

Yes he'd be around a bit even if he wasn't involved with the AFC anymore, but he absolutely gets more appearances and more money per appearance because of his position within the club IMO.

Agree to disagree.

Yes he'd be around a bit even if he wasn't involved with the AFC anymore, but he absolutely gets more appearances and more money per appearance because of his position within the club IMO.
Footballers get media gigs now more than ever, and I'm pretty sure he's been at Triple M longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Follow my logic and tell me where I'm falling down:

Fagan says he'll put together best off-field team ever

We hire a potato farm

We end up with a wooden spoon

People question Fagan's truthfullness

Now, Chapman is leaving

Suddenly we hire Burns

...was Fagan constrainted financially by Chapman in spending on staff?
You should Add-in now Hazel and Chapman are leaving

Follow my logic and tell me where I'm falling down:

Fagan says he'll put together best off-field team ever

We hire a potato farm

We end up with a wooden spoon

People question Fagan's truthfullness

Now, Chapman is leaving

Suddenly we hire Burns

...was Fagan constrainted financially by Chapman in spending on staff?
Fagan couldn't promise the best football department given he has no idea what it looks like & was relying on others who also had no idea....

Full time company director of shitty penny stock companies that would make the Wolf of Wall Street blush.

Bet this is huge though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back