Certified Legendary Thread Chapman, Roo, Fagan all of board must announce they will depart end of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Balme would be the first appointment in a long time I had complete faith in.

Would be a massive, massive get for our club.

Balme would be the first appointment in a long time I had complete faith in.

Would be a massive, massive get for our club.
Surely now is the time to poach Victoria’s finest. Might be our only chance to look somewhat desirable as a non covid basket case location. Strike while the iron is hot.

Getting Balme would be the most South Australian thing we could do. A guy past his prime looking for a retirement cheque

It's SACA 101.
At least he's had a prime

We've been steered by people who've never had or will have a prime

Would think he'd ease more into an advisory/mentor capacity anyway rather than the hands on doer which would be perfect for him and us.

At least he's had a prime

We've been steered by people who've never had or will have a prime

Would think he'd ease more into an advisory/mentor capacity anyway rather than the hands on doer which would be perfect for him and us.
Maybe, but you'd want to make sure he's still got his finger on the pulse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know he’s not kicking the footy right? Who gives a sh*t he’s 68.

We don’t seem to respect people who have the runs on the board irrespective of their age. Interesting that NFL coaches do so well into their late 60’s/early 70’s (just like their politicians 🤣🤣🤣🤣).

The reason why Balme is good is because he has able to adapt - his age isn’t an impediment to him.

By next year that's 4 years, he is now 68 years old.

Could we have grabbed him when he left Collingwood? Not sure but He's on a pathway to retirement, not rebuilding a club.
That's why he's perfectly fine in an adviser/mentor capacity for Kelly and Nicks. He's not there to make the big decisions and overhaul everything, but to lend his expertise to make sure the people currently in charge who we want to take us forward are making sound decisions and steer them to the right ones if they're not.

We don’t seem to respect people who have the runs on the board irrespective of their age. Interesting that NFL coaches do so well into their late 60’s/early 70’s (just like their politicians 🤣🤣🤣🤣).

The reason why Balme is good is because he has able to adapt - his age isn’t an impediment to him.
the average age of a NFL coach is about 50, slightly higher for EPL and the AFL is similar to that of the NFL

He may come and success may follow him, but if you listen to his interviews and what he does now, it isn't what people will be expecting him to do.

We need the Neil Balme of 1998 - perhaps if he was into an advisory role he can help find the current version of himself that can actually drive the change.

I think at the AGM all of the board members should be lined up on the stage with their pants down and bottoms presented as each member in turn passes along and spanks them with an oversized wooden spoon (in a COVID safe way of course).

I think the symbolism would be good and it would have to be cathartic for members...I’m confident this would have a significant positive impact on membership renewals for 2021.

By next year that's 4 years, he is now 68 years old.

Could we have grabbed him when he left Collingwood? Not sure but He's on a pathway to retirement, not rebuilding a club.
Wayne Jackson is 70+ years old... but I'd have him at the club in some capacity.

Remember when everyone wanted WOOSHA to take over from Walsh?

Still would have been a better option than Pyke that oversaw our slump into the s**t heap we are now.

Would Woosha have gone along with creative minds? don't see it as likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back