Certified Legendary Thread Chapman, Roo, Fagan all of board must announce they will depart end of year.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Still would have been a better option than Pyke that oversaw our slump into the sh*t heap we are now.

Would Woosha have gone along with creative minds? don't see it as likely.
We all like the Power-stance at the time but it should have been saved for the GF. Richmond were prepared and planned their day better. We were the best side coming into the GF but not the smartest. To tell your players after that they were weak of mind suggest to me our club management was weak of mind.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We all like the Power-stance at the time but it should have been saved for the GF. Richmond were prepared and planned their day better. We were the best side coming into the GF but not the smartest. To tell your players after that they were weak of mind suggest to me our club management was weak of mind.

Oh please, the power stance was a piece of theatre that didn't affect any of the finals that year.

We won the previous games because we had a very good side and we lost the grand final to a combination of factors including Pykes inability to adapt to a game in progress, our players inability to deal with sustained pressure and the bias of the ground.

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Even then, we aren't.

Most scribes of any value see it as a rebuild that had to happen.

The Dees, Essendon, Carlton and to a lesser extent North are getting far more ridicule.

'the people I agree with are the ones I have arbitrarily decided have value! therefore because those that 'have value' agree with me I must be right!'

yet more stunning logic from you.

Also who tf says scribes. Is your next reference the bards and minstrels that shall tell the tale of our rise back up the ranks?

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
'the people I agree with are the ones I have arbitrarily decided have value! therefore because those that 'have value' agree with me I must be right!'

yet more stunning logic from you.

Also who tf says scribes. Is your next reference the bards and minstrels that shall tell the tale of our rise back up the ranks?

I see your ability to make s**t up extends into the realms of other peoples thinking too.

Getting Balme would be the most South Australian thing we could do. A guy past his prime looking for a retirement cheque

It's SACA 101.

Eh? Did I fall asleep and Richmond haven't won a flag in 10 years?

As much as he's pushing towards 70, Neil Balme is still in his prime. After all, he's got a key role in the side closest to a dynasty in the back end of the 10s. As much as Adelaide is likely to be his last role before retirement if he signs, at this point of time, you should be willing to crawl over broken glass for miles on end to have a legitimate crack at him.

He isn't a Malcolm Blight or a Mick Malthouse just yet.

We don’t seem to respect people who have the runs on the board irrespective of their age. Interesting that NFL coaches do so well into their late 60’s/early 70’s (just like their politicians 🤣🤣🤣🤣).

The reason why Balme is good is because he has able to adapt - his age isn’t an impediment to him.
Unless Balme has been diagnosed with Dementia, he would be useful in any management capacity at the Crows.

He is a winner & knows what is needed to be successful.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Question I habe with Blame is who does he replace,
Kelly, Who has the abilty to do what Blame has done,
He has no exprience As a CEO, will be OK on the Board,
Or do we spend money in our soft cap on a mentor for Kelly and Nicks, forcing us to get lower paid assistant Coaches.
I like Blame but with the lower soft cap in 2021, and kelly being new I don't see a spot for him

Maybe Chappy knows what he’s doing ?
200%20(2).gif

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Or do we spend money in our soft cap on a mentor for Kelly and Nicks, forcing us to get lower paid assistant Coaches.
I like Blame but with the lower soft cap in 2021, and kelly being new I don't see a spot for him
Kelly=Fagan
Balme=Kelly
But Balme isn’t returning to S.A

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Crows must have asked for a favour from the Advertiser and write a puff piece about Roo.

When I saw that article, I thought it had gone a bit quiet, but likely some movement about to occur. Then we get the article about Kelley selling some shareholding in the Sixers to remove any conflict of interest claims. Roo doing a Thommo.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Kelly has no background in building or even running a high performance department. His background is as a CEO. What I'd be doing is getting Balme in for 18-24 months to rebuild the footy dept from the ground up and then Kelly will have learned from the best and will be perfectly capable of keeping it going. Stupidity to think Kelly has any more knowledge than Fagan in that area and no AFL club would employ him in a head of footy role. Kelly might have been best available, but he's still a complete L plater. If Balme would come for a couple years, only a complete moron wouldn't jump at the chance.

Last edited:

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Kelly has no background in building or even running a high performance department. His background is as a CEO. What I'd be doing is getting Balme in for 18-24 months to rebuild the footy dept from the ground up and then Kelly will have learned from the best and will be perfectly capable of keeping it going. Stupidity to think Kelly has any more knowledge than Fagan in that area and no AFL club would employ him in a head of footy role. Kelly might have been best available, but he's still a complete L plater. If Balme would come for a couple years, only a complete moron wouldn't jump at the chance.
One question you failed to answer. Soft Cap, the Cost of Getting Blame for a couple of years to assist Kelly and Nicks could coost a couple of Assistant Coaches,
cleanhands Answer the Question better ie replacing Fagan with kelly and Blame to footy boss,

I like Blame, but I don't believe we can afford him at this time and still push ahead,
More so when the only position he can do to help is replace Kelly or cost us extra for a mentor.
As for Kelly he not just a CEO he has quailfication and runs on the board, to trun the club around,

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Kelly=Fagan
Balme=Kelly
But Balme isn’t returning to S.A
Like the Idea
Could happen But I doubt it will happen in 2020 or 2021
While I believe Adam Kelly will eventially replace Fagan, I believe the biggest change this year will Grant Kelley replacing Chapman alone with some new blood on the board. Maybe a few lesser Lights moving on.
But I still don't see a spot for Blame, Due to the reduce soft Cap in 2021. I don't like the cost.
But I am Bais and would like to see what Adam Kelly and Nicks can do todaether before looking at a major disruption.
Also I would prefer to fully understand why he is Leaving Richmond and why Richmond are happy about it. Before I disrupt the Adam Kelly/ Nick parntership

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Like the Idea
Could happen But I doubt it will happen in 2020 or 2021
While I believe Adam Kelly will eventially replace Fagan, I believe the biggest change this year will Grant Kelley replacing Chapman alone with some new blood on the board. Maybe a few lesser Lights moving on.
But I still don't see a spot for Blame, Due to the reduce soft Cap in 2021. I don't like the cost.
But I am Bais and would like to see what Adam Kelly and Nicks can do todaether before looking at a major disruption.
Also I would prefer to fully understand why he is Leaving Richmond and why Richmond are happy about it. Before I disrupt the Adam Kelly/ Nick parntership
I’m not sure Richmond are happy about it, believe it’s reduction of football costs, but it’s irrelevant as he won’t be coming to Adelaide

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
One question you failed to answer. Soft Cap, the Cost of Getting Blame for a couple of years to assist Kelly and Nicks could coost a couple of Assistant Coaches,
cleanhands Answer the Question better ie replacing Fagan with kelly and Blame to footy boss,

I like Blame, but I don't believe we can afford him at this time and still push ahead,
More so when the only position he can do to help is replace Kelly or cost us extra for a mentor.
As for Kelly he not just a CEO he has quailfication and runs on the board, to trun the club around,

Given we're L platers everywhere we look, we should be able afford $400k for Balme on top of getting decent assistants. Even if we end up going $200k over the cap, that's only an extra $140k in tax and we get that from our other income streams right? That's why we went with the bank loan, so we can make these decisions without the AFL saying no. That's why isn't it?

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Given we're L platers everywhere we look, we should be able afford $400k for Balme on top of getting decent assistants. Even if we end up going $200k over the cap, that's only an extra $140k in tax and we get that from our other income streams right? That's why we went with the bank loan, so we can make these decisions without the AFL saying no. That's why isn't it?
That 400K under the soft Cap is 2 Assitant Coaches or 3 Development Coaches, maybe more.
Re the Soft Cap for 2021, there is a 3.2million dollar reduction limit is 6.2 down from 9.4. Just for Intrest the AFLW cap is 625K
AFL Soft Cap tax rate from 2021,
0-100k 1-3 years = 75%
100k to 250k = 100% first year, 150%% 2nd year 200% 3rd year
250k to 500k = 150% first year, 225% 2nd year 300% 3rd year
500k plus = 200% first year, 300% 2nd year, 400% 3rd year.
So base on 200k over that becomes 375K in the fiirst year 425k in the 2nd year and 475 in the 3rd year.
Hoping that we have not carried over any extra payments from the Sacking of Burton, Pyke, etc,
Can the Club jusitfiy that, More so when they just in 2020 poached one of the top football admistrators from the SANFL to do the Role.

Again It is not a simple answer.
And beside its a moot conversation as the Crows will not be spending 400K and Blame will not be coming to the Crows,

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Pay him a stipend to spend 2 days a week - with one of them match days - with enough games in Melbourne to ease the flight burden - having oversight and review powers

If he spots something he can have a word to the appropriate person and hope it gets attention

Its not like he has to uproot his family - we dont have to squeeze somebody out - we just pay for his flights and a hotel room and the stipend and office furniture and off he goes. He wanders the hallways - sticks his head in and asks questions then moseys along to the next office

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
That 400K under the soft Cap is 2 Assitant Coaches or 3 Development Coaches, maybe more.
Re the Soft Cap for 2021, there is a 3.2million dollar reduction limit is 6.2 down from 9.4. Just for Intrest the AFLW cap is 625K
AFL Soft Cap tax rate from 2021,
0-100k 1-3 years = 75%
100k to 250k = 100% first year, 150%% 2nd year 200% 3rd year
250k to 500k = 150% first year, 225% 2nd year 300% 3rd year
500k plus = 200% first year, 300% 2nd year, 400% 3rd year.
So base on 200k over that becomes 375K in the fiirst year 425k in the 2nd year and 475 in the 3rd year.
Hoping that we have not carried over any extra payments from the Sacking of Burton, Pyke, etc,
Can the Club jusitfiy that, More so when they just in 2020 poached one of the top football admistrators from the SANFL to do the Role.

Again It is not a simple answer.
And beside its a moot conversation as the Crows will not be spending 400K and Blame will not be coming to the Crows,

It's because of the payouts that we need a guy like him to come in a write the book. We've got an L plater, surrounded by L platers or incompetents trying to rebuild from the s**t show Burton left. He can't look upwards for guidance, he sees Roo, Fagan and Chappy, the architects of Burton. We invest in the next 18-24 months and we see dividends for a decade. We've got league leading ticketed memberships, above average sponsorship earnings, improved stadium deal from Trigg's days. Compared to most of the clubs, we have a head start. Plus we've got the $ rolling in from eSports, baseball and commercial productions, don't tell me we can't afford a bit of tax over a couple of years to get the best in the business across. Assuming he was interested.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
It's because of the payouts that we need a guy like him to come in a write the book. We've got an L plater, surrounded by L platers or incompetents trying to rebuild from the sh*t show Burton left. He can't look upwards for guidance, he sees Roo, Fagan and Chappy, the architects of Burton. We invest in the next 18-24 months and we see dividends for a decade. We've got league leading ticketed memberships, above average sponsorship earnings, improved stadium deal from Trigg's days. Compared to most of the clubs, we have a head start. Plus we've got the $ rolling in from eSports, baseball and commercial productions, don't tell me we can't afford a bit of tax over a couple of years to get the best in the business across. Assuming he was interested.
By the way Adam Kelly is not a L Plater,
And How about we give him a chance before wasting huge ammount of money that could be used getting top line assistants and staff,
AND if we get a Blame then that will be the differance between also ran staff and top level staff,

Let wait and see what happen with the board this year, there a couple of exprience poeple putting the hands ups to go onto the board,

As for you plenty of Money I will remind you of two issues Covid 19 and a Training base,

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
By the way Adam Kelly is not a L Plater,
And How about we give him a chance before wasting huge ammount of money that could be used getting top line assistants and staff,
AND if we get a Blame then that will be the differance between also ran staff and top level staff,

Let wait and see what happen with the board this year, there a couple of exprience poeple putting the hands ups to go onto the board,

As for you plenty of Money I will remind you of two issues Covid 19 and a Training base,

So there is a soft cap on footy department staff, correct?
And if you go over that cap you will need to pay the tax/penalty appropriate to the spend over the cap, correct?

Back