Certified Legendary Thread Chapman, Roo, Fagan all of board must announce they will depart end of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes all Football deptment staff from Coaches bootstrapper, Fitness, Medical anayliss recruiters, list mangers etc

Then getting Balme does not effect our ability to also get experienced assistants. We just pay the tax or penalty on exceeding the soft cap.

Given where we are and the age of our squad moving forward you would have to have rocks in your head to not get Balme if he was willing to join......you find a roll for his experience and the success he's been involved with.

You then bite the bullet and recruit the assistants and pay the $$$ penalty for the soft cap.

I don't care who is at the club, he's a top priority if available.

By the way Adam Kelly is not a L Plater,
And How about we give him a chance before wasting huge ammount of money that could be used getting top line assistants and staff,
AND if we get a Blame then that will be the differance between also ran staff and top level staff,

Let wait and see what happen with the board this year, there a couple of exprience poeple putting the hands ups to go onto the board,

As for you plenty of Money I will remind you of two issues Covid 19 and a Training base,

Was he head of footy at an AFL club elsewhere? Missed that on his CV. CEO of a country racing club, CEO WAFL club and CEO of SANFL. He’s the definition of an L plater. But, those roles suggest he has the talent to be good, but let’s not delude ourselves into believing that he rolls in with any knowledge on setting up a first class AFL footy dept.

Was he head of footy at an AFL club elsewhere? Missed that on his CV. CEO of a country racing club, CEO WAFL club and CEO of SANFL. He’s the definition of an L plater. But, those roles suggest he has the talent to be good, but let’s not delude ourselves into believing that he rolls in with any knowledge on setting up a first class AFL footy dept.
General manager of footy ops at the SANFL actually

Then getting Balme does not effect our ability to also get experienced assistants. We just pay the tax or penalty on exceeding the soft cap.

Given where we are and the age of our squad moving forward you would have to have rocks in your head to not get Balme if he was willing to join......you find a roll for his experience and the success he's been involved with.

You then bite the bullet and recruit the assistants and pay the $$$ penalty for the soft cap.

I don't care who is at the club, he's a top priority if available.
It does affect the Crows abilty to get exprienced staff, as it stand today they have to find a way to reduce that cap by 3.2million,
which mean poeple losing the Jobs, It means we will be running with less assistiants, as it stands we lost 2 Assitiant due to the Cap,
As for Paying the Soft Cap tax 400k over is 150% tax in the first year and 225 in the 2nd year, How many extra assistiants, Fitness staff Medical staff, Game day annalis will that be,
All because he has a good record,
Let give Adam Kelly a go, he may suprise you and others,

Please talk to poeple in the know, Have a decent conversation with he is No L Plater at Football Management. He was not a Burton appiontment

It does affect the Crows abilty to get exprienced staff, as it stand today they have to find a way to reduce that cap by 3.2million,
which mean poeple losing the Jobs, It means we will be running with less assistiants, as it stands we lost 2 Assitiant due to the Cap,
As for Paying the Soft Cap tax 400k over is 150% tax in the first year and 225 in the 2nd year, How many extra assistiants, Fitness staff Medical staff, Game day annalis will that be,
All because he has a good record,
Let give Adam Kelly a go, he may suprise you and others,

Jesus lord.......all because he has a good record.

Actually his record is outstanding.

Without being disrespectful to those at the club, none have the runs he has........but you want to wait and see.

As for the cost to go over the soft cap.......I could give two fats sh#ts.
They had to pay out Pyke, Campo, Birdman and are still paying the salary of Jenkins and Betts......and most likely now add Gibbs .........all because we have incompetant people running the club.

Guess what, pucker up and pay up for those that can get us on the road to success.......those that have been part of success.

Balme is a no brainer, unless you accept the wait and see game which has got us to where we are today..........BOTTOM OF THE 18 TEAM COMPETITION.

You must revel in plodding.

I can't believe anyone thinks Neil ******* Balme is a waste of our soft cap.

honest to god he has the best track record of anyone we have the faintest hope of getting to come and help get us out of the sh*t pit we've dug ourselves into.
He's the kind of guy you make space for.

Jesus lord.......all because he has a good record.

Actually his record is outstanding.

Without being disrespectful to those at the club, none have the runs he has........but you want to wait and see.

As for the cost to go over the soft cap.......I could give two fats sh#ts.
They had to pay out Pyke, Campo, Birdman and are still paying the salary of Jenkins and Betts......and most likely now add Gibbs .........all because we have incompetant people running the club.

Guess what, pucker up and pay up for those that can get us on the road to success.......those that have been part of success.

Balme is a no brainer, unless you accept the wait and see game which has got us to where we are today..........BOTTOM OF THE 18 TEAM COMPETITION.

You must revel in plodding.

For starters Soft Cap and Players Caps are differant beast, and not connected. Burton Campo and Pyke have been paid out in our 2020 Soft Cap.
The Players sallary Cap which the AFL pay covers Betts, Jenkins and Gibbs. And in a Rebuild I will take that all day every day to get new Kids into the Squad.
But with new LKids you going to need development staff, Fitness staff, Medical Staff, I remember what port went thru when they did not have the required Staff. and I don't want the same thing to Happen to the Crows.

But the Biggest issue is I Have is Does Blame want to work for Us.

For starters Soft Cap and Players Caps are differant beast, and not connected. Burton Campo and Pyke have been paid out in our 2020 Soft Cap.
The Players sallary Cap which the AFL pay covers Betts, Jenkins and Gibbs. And in a Rebuild I will take that all day every day to get new Kids into the Squad.
But with new LKids you going to need development staff, Fitness staff, Medical Staff, I remember what port went thru when they did not have the required Staff. and I don't want the same thing to Happen to the Crows.

But the Biggest issue is I Have is Does Blame want to work for Us.
Everybody has prefaced with ' if Balme wants to come'' - we understand he may not want to -but you at least ask the question

As to the soft cap - I struggle to understand how you think Burton, Pyke and Campo getting paid in our Soft Cap is any different to finding money for a Balme?

Most are also saying - yes get the appropriate staff - and it can be done and get a Balme in to oversee - you know why Port went through what they did?

They didnt have Balme

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everybody has prefaced with ' if Balme wants to come'' - we understand he may not want to -but you at least ask the question

As to the soft cap - I struggle to understand how you think Burton, Pyke and Campo getting paid in our Soft Cap is any different to finding money for a Balme?

Most are also saying - yes get the appropriate staff - and it can be done and get a Balme in to oversee - you know why Port went through what they did?

They didnt have Balme
Because in 2020 the soft cap was not reduced By 3.2 million and the AFL ran with 100% tax, not the Tax change they recently incresed. Know it anything from 75% to 300% depending on how much and how many years over.
In 2020 all the AFL did was set a spending limit of $511,000 per month on their football operations, minus player payments, until the end of the 2020 season.

Because in 2020 the soft cap was not reduced By 3.2 million and the AFL ran with 100% tax, not the Tax change they recently incresed. Know it anything from 75% to 300% depending on how much and how many years over.
In 2020 all the AFL did was set a spending limit of $511,000 per month on their football operations, minus player payments, until the end of the 2020 season.

Aren't you the one arguing that the AFC is a financial juggernaught and that's why we didn't take the AFL loan?

In that case surely we break the soft cap if we have to in order to bring in Balme?

Aren't you the one arguing that the AFC is a financial juggernaught and that's why we didn't take the AFL loan?

In that case surely we break the soft cap if we have to in order to bring in Balme?
I did not say Financial juggernaught But I mention they were finicial stable and had good investments which allowed them to get a loan from Benidgo bank and avoid the AFL funded loan and everything that entialled,
I do not want the Crows to Owe any more money to the AFL, I want the Crow to pay off there Debt to the AFL so we can start electing our own Board,
At this time 2028 is the year that will Happen

Rowie commented that Chapman is waiting to announce he has gone after he's landed some off-field changes so he can say "look who I got you" or words to that effect. So once again its Chapman being an egotistical ********. He should have nothing to say about our future direction.
He'll do his hand over at the next AGM.

Just to clarify what a complete and utter sh1thshow our club is, consider this. One of the indicators of poor management and decision making would have to be needing to pay people out of contracts.
The following is a list of people we have contracted and then had to pay out;
Sanderson
Pyke
Burton
Camporeale
Betts
Jenkins
Gibbs

That's a LOT of money for going out the door for zero return...

Just to clarify what a complete and utter sh1thshow our club is, consider this. One of the indicators of poor management and decision making would have to be needing to pay people out of contracts.
The following is a list of people we have contracted and then had to pay out;
Sanderson
Pyke
Burton
Camporeale
Betts
Jenkins
Gibbs

That's a LOT of money for going out the door for zero return...

Don't forget Collective Minds.

At the time the AFL decided to punish Melbourne for tanking and they suspended Dean Bailey as an assistant at the AFC. That must have cost Adelaide and I could imagine Eddie screaming his head off and appealing yet Mr Chapman "crickets"/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back