News Chapman to step down

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm guessing by soon, he means around the same time we stop playing Douglas and Mackay. Soon as in around 2030.

Or does he mean 'soon' as in - "when I find someone who will keep doing exactly what I have told them to do and who keeps my snout in the trough"

I'm guessing by soon, he means around the same time we stop playing Douglas and Mackay. Soon as in around 2030.

Or does he mean 'soon' as in - "when I find someone who will keep doing exactly what I have told them to do and who keeps my snout in the trough"
Both those soons overlap I reckon.

I wouldn't get too excited. I listened to the interview, he said they had a succession plan before Bob Foord passed away 2 years ago.

That the board was great and soon there would be someone who could take over.

Chances of someone new coming in and taking over could possibly be zero because we know the best person will just happen to already be at the club.

He could well mean soon they will appoint someone they believe worthy of taking over from him after working along side him to learn the "right" way to run the club for several years.

Immediately? It probably leaves one of the bankers...

Also not sure why 5AA run quotes from an interview 15 hours earlier as "LATEST", don't get us excited like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He made this clear in his interview yesterday so not really news today.

He also said he wouldn’t be there if Bob Ford hadn’t passed away who was the successor
Ah, so it wasn't that he decided he wanted to stay after all.

I actually think this would work out positively for the club.

Chairman:Mark Ricciuto

CEO:Nigel Smart

COO:Brett Burton

Board:
Ken McGregor
Ben Hart
Shaun Rehn
Brent Reilly
Kris Massie
Kym Koster

Coach: Simon Goodwin

Head of Football: Neil Craig

Senior Assistant: Mark Bickley
Forwards Coach: Ian Perrie
Midfield Coach: Robert Shirley
Defence: Michael Doughty
Ruck: Rhett Biglands

Head of Fitness: Darren Jarman

Club Doctor: Matthew Liptak

I wouldn't get too excited. I listened to the interview, he said they had a succession plan before Bob Foord passed away 2 years ago.

That the board was great and soon there would be someone who could take over.

Chances of someone new coming in and taking over could possibly be zero because we know the best person will just happen to already be at the club.

He could well mean soon they will appoint someone they believe worthy of taking over from him after working along side him to learn the "right" way to run the club for several years.

Immediately? It probably leaves one of the bankers...

Also not sure why 5AA run quotes an interview 15 hours earlier as "LATEST", don't get us excited like that.

I'm an ex-banker and recently retired so I can do it.

I'd have beer and pizza nights for all those on Big Footy with the players etc.

Never says WHEN he will step down though.

Correct - he made it very clear that he would not be there now if it wasn’t for the untimely death of Bob, and that he was the successor.
Don't know enough about Bob to know whether he would've been better. Sadly we will never know.

While I don't rate Chapman and think he is a huge part of the problem, and you cant trust anything that comes out of his mouth, personally I think Roo is the one that has to go. He has overseen all the big football appointments and decisions within the football department.

I get that Chapman is Chairman but I think his influence over anything football is fairly minimal.

I get that he is a club great on field but escapes way too much scrutiny.

Can we replace him with Keith Thomas, his letter to the PAPs members is the type of self recognition and member alignment we need.
God no. Port in many ways are similar to us, but in others polar opposite.
Port are sh!t scared of losing their supporters and having an empty stadium again. They jump whenever their supporters get anxious. It's why they keep selling hope in trade week.

On the opposite side, our club couldn't give a s**t what the supporters say as they know the crowds will still turn up. What they haven't realised yet though is that the 'event' of attending Crows games is dying and crowds are slipping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back