Current Charges laid in alleged sex attack on 14-year-old girl at St Albans Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Correct me if I'm wrong but pedophilia involves grooming and sexual contact with young children over a period of time.

This was a one off gang rape.

Off topic- they are also charged with kidnapping yes? In America, if you take someone somewhere against their will, you are in a lot of trouble, you're looking at 20 years. (Well from what I recall anyway). Wish we took that offence as seriously as they did.

I'm far from an expert, but the bail conditions seem extremely lenient. I mean, check in with the cops once a week? Woopdeedoo

A year or so ago an acquaintance was charged with assault (started a fight at a pub apparently) and was bailed and had to sign in at the local station daily, as well as a curfew (home by 8).

I really don't understand how these sick campaigners are getting bail..

They would be on strict provisions (I would hope) to surrender any passports and report to police on a regular basis. The magistrate likely felt that they were a low risk of re-offending whilst on bail.

Guessing given she was apparently drunk and any witnesses are unlikely to be independent, guilt will be hard to prove. Bugger me if they get off though. What a disgusting crime.

Correct me if I'm wrong but pedophilia involves grooming and sexual contact with young children over a period of time.

This was a one off gang rape.

Off topic- they are also charged with kidnapping yes? In America, if you take someone somewhere against their will, you are in a lot of trouble, you're looking at 20 years. (Well from what I recall anyway). Wish we took that offence as seriously as they did.

I think the most they could be charged for is rape, kidnapping & statutory rape but not paedophilia but I'm no expert at this stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I hear this from the guys defence lawyer: "it is unclear of his role in the offence".

Well correct me if I'm wrong but he probably placed his penis quite violently in her vagina without her consent, while holding her down, probably covering her mouth and thrusted in and and out for a period of time.

Just a hunch. :rolleyes:

/srcsm is sarcastic.

I would be very surprised if the kidnapping charge isn't dropped.

Why?

You have only 1 witness, a 16 yo boy, who was intoxicated (am sure the defence pushed this angle) after leaving a party in the early hours of the morning. The other aspects of the crime can't be disputed as they have obvious physical evidence, merely the question of who was involved and to what extent.

You have only 1 witness, a 16 yo boy, who was intoxicated (am sure the defence pushed this angle) after leaving a party in the early hours of the morning. The other aspects of the crime can't be disputed as they have obvious physical evidence, merely the extent as to who was involved and under to what extent.

Well I disagree. Surely you would know if someone is being taken against their will, even if drunk.

Pretty sure there is CC footage of him running away. Can't be that smashed or out of it, to run away to get help.

Well I disagree. Surely you would know if someone is being taken against their will, even if drunk.

Pretty sure there is CC footage of him running away. Can't be that smashed or out of it, to run away to get help.

He may have known, absolutely, but it will be easy for any half decent lawyer to place doubt in his story. Would you believe "beyond reasonable doubt" the word of a 16 year old, you''d never met who told you something happened when they were drunk?

He could be running for a variety of reasons, the defence would argue why didn't he just knock on the next door neighbours house or call police straight away.

He may have known, absolutely, but it will be easy for any half decent lawyer to place doubt in his story. Would you believe "beyond reasonable doubt" the word of a 16 year old, you''d never met who told you something happened when they were drunk?

He could be running for a variety of reasons, the defence would argue why didn't he just knock on the next door neighbours house or call police straight away.

Yeah I said that too. Would have raised hell, had I been there. Anyway, it's easy to say after the fact. Being under such duress and fear, you never know what you would do.

As for fight/flight/freeze, I'm guessing I would flight first. And if not, I hope I would fight.

Why aren't they charged with pedophilia?
Pedophilia isn't a charge as such. Just like beating up gays doesn't get you charged with "homophobia" or beating up blacks doesn't get you charged with "racist".

Did I hear this from the guys defence lawyer: "it is unclear of his role in the offence".

Well correct me if I'm wrong but he probably placed his penis quite violently in her vagina without her consent, while holding her down, probably covering her mouth and thrusted in and and out for a period of time.
Not necessarily. You can be a party to an offence and be charged with it even without doing the main act. e.g. the getaway driver still gets charged with armed robbery even though he didn't have a gun or go into the bank.

In this case, for example, someone who helped hold the girl down while another raped her would still be charged with rape even though he kept his utensil inside his trousers the whole time. And that will be the sort of thing a defence lawyer will use to try to get a lower sentence.

Why aren't they charged with pedophilia?

In most jurisdictions rape is the crime and the age of the victim can be an aggravating factor. Say if rape gets you ten years, there is an extra penalty based on the victim being under age, and further aggravation if the victim is a child (pre teen from memory)

In most jurisdictions rape is the crime and the age of the victim can be an aggravating factor. Say if rape gets you ten years, there is an extra penalty based on the victim being under age, and further aggravation if the victim is a child (pre teen from memory)

Thanks for clarifying. Typically sounds soft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back