Universal Love Charles Cameron Appreciation Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Charlie,

You have more natural talent and agility in one of your farts than most mere mortals have in their whole bodies.

Since day dot I've been on your bandwagon. I defended you when posters said you weren't getting enough footy. I explained to these mental short people your role in the side. I explained that you weren't a 30 possession player, but like Cyril Rioli, 3 of your golden touches were worth ten of anyone else's.

Now it's time for you to do something for Slippery Pete. This is something that will serve you for the rest of your career. It's something that will ensure you're remembered in the category of your mentor, Eddie.

Over the next pre-season, I want you to work on your opposite foot EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMN DAY. You have to trust me on this, Charlie. The foundation is there - you can kick on your left, but it's still a deficiency.

Watch Eddie. Learn from Eddie.

If you add this one element to your game, you will be UNSTOPPABLE.

And then you can thank me.

Yours sincerely
Slippery
Hell slippery we've been calling out for all of them to be better on their non dominant side. Just doesn't seem to be a priority amongst our coaching staff ...WHY NOT.
Imagine VB kicking on his left side instead of doing that blind pirouette and going back to his right side.
Charlie is a gem by the way.

He's got it all, true pace and evasiveness at 6ft, tough at the contest and can take a grab...bulk him up a bit and run through the midfield
He will have the ability to tear games apart with few touches:)
And he looks damn good in a suit!

Important classy touches week in week out at critical times.

Who spotted him at his first season for swan districts?

Hamish Ogilvie had a lot to do with his recruitment I think but who actually spotted him... not sure... our WA recruiter maybe?

Hamish Ogilvie had a lot to do with his recruitment I think but who actually spotted him... not sure... our WA recruiter maybe?
Phil Bunn is our WA/SA recruiter. We got him from the Power in early 2013 (He was their Melbourne based recruiter and used to coach at TAC level), so the draft Charlie was in was his first one with us. Seems to have a decent job there.

Apparentely we were close to using pick #46 on him which we used on Riley Knight instead, so we probably lucked out a bit to get him as a rookie.

Phil Bunn is our WA/SA recruiter. We got him from the Power in early 2013 (He was their Melbourne based recruiter and used to coach at TAC level), so the draft Charlie was in was his first one with us. Seems to have a decent job there.

Apparentely we were close to using pick #46 on him which we used on Riley Knight instead, so we probably lucked out a bit to get him as a rookie.

Ah thank you MRB37. We have a lot to thank Mr Bunn for - Charlie is such a gun! We're going to need to save some serious coin to retain him in 2017.

Last edited:
Watching the replay and he is developing beautifully.

Given how long it's taken us to get 1 decent crumbling forward I can't believe we have 2.
It is interesting to wonder how far along Cameron would have come by now if we never signed Betts.

He does seem like a good kid though. Skipped a video session cause he had a crap game and then when he was pulled up by Teague about it knuckled down extra hard in training rather than sulking about being told off.

I think Carlton wanted him in that draft but only had 3 picks.

Important classy touches week in week out at critical times.

Who spotted him at his first season for swan districts?
Reminds me a bit of when Macca first came to the club and was sat on a forward flank..you could tell he was quality but couldn't have predicted wjat he'd become
Im not putting Charlie in his bracket obviously, but if he's half the player Macca was we are laughing
And to get him as a rookie pick is the icing on the cake

Watching the replay and he is developing beautifully.

Given how long it's taken us to get 1 decent crumbling forward I can't believe we have 2.
while he didn't have much of a finals campaign I actually thought Callinan was pretty exceptional for an old bloke.

completely barren before that though of course.

while he didn't have much of a finals campaign I actually thought Callinan was pretty exceptional for an old bloke.

I know it's rough to pull out individual events from a 2 hour game, but if Callinan hits Dangerfield on the chest instead of giving him a half-volley that lead to him being tackled, Crows would've played in the 2012 GF -

A shame considering how well he stood up in SANFL finals over the years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's rough to pull out individual events from a 2 hour game, but if Callinan hits Dangerfield on the chest instead of giving him a half-volley that lead to him being tackled, Crows would've played in the 2012 GF -

A shame considering how well he stood up in SANFL finals over the years
nah, you're right.

I often wonder how Tippetgate would have played out had we made the grand final, and also if we had won it. Would none of it have come to light? Would he have stayed? Could we have been stripped of a cup? Sometimes I think about it and reckon its just as well we lost :eek:

Reminds me a bit of when Macca first came to the club and was sat on a forward flank..you could tell he was quality but couldn't have predicted wjat he'd become
Im not putting Charlie in his bracket obviously, but if he's half the player Macca was we are laughing
And to get him as a rookie pick is the icing on the cake

He has something about him that suggests he may be close to Bunji in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has something about him that suggests he may be close to Bunji in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hasn't quite got Bunji's skills but he's a very dangerous prospect. Long term I'd like him to move into midfield/on ball. He probably could move HB but I'd hope we'd recruit well enough to not have to use him there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back