Universal Love Charles Cameron Appreciation Thread.

Simmo28

Premiership Player
Apr 23, 2014
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hasn't quite got Bunji's skills but he's a very dangerous prospect. Long term I'd like him to move into midfield/on ball. He probably could move HB but I'd hope we'd recruit well enough to not have to use him there.

Nah wasted at half back unless he roamed down forward a bit. His tenacity and accuracy in front of goals can't be wasted.

As for skills the moonwalk was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pdub

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2014
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
There have been a lot of players who have been put in the position he was with 1min30 left on the clock who have failed. After almost getting knocked out but Bob Murphy, he took the mark running back with the ball, knowing Easton Wood was running for him, then had the presence of mind to slow down and take time off the clock and most importantly kick the goal. When the players were getting around him, it even looked like he was telling them to go back to their positions. There's something special about Charlie.

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
ice cold at the death, obviously with his goal but also calmly spot Tex up on the lead for his goal just before that and also made a huge tackle 5m out from goal down the other end too.

had he of kicked the two getable ones earlier on it would have been a huge night for Charlie, instead he'll just have to settle for very good ;)

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Yes have to remember he missed some gettable goals earlier in the quarter.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
His kick to Knight was perfectly weighted for Knight to contest it. Ballsy kick and Knight made the most of it.... -> Sloane Goal.
he's demonstrated that sort of touch numerous times already in his short career, can kick a beautifully weighted ball that makes VB look like the rugby player.

he's demonstrated that sort of touch numerous times already in his short career, can kick a beautifully weighted ball that makes VB look like the rugby player.

Just a shame he overcooked the kick to eddie in the 3rd. Would of been huge.

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Has this kid arrived or what?

Looks dangerous every time he gets near the ball.

With the focus and attention on Eddie, I think the hawks game could be primed for him.

Has this kid arrived or what?

Looks dangerous every time he gets near the ball.

With the focus and attention on Eddie, I think the hawks game could be primed for him.

I'm looking forward to his first bag.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tenth in the best and fairest.

There's a few players with a lot upside to their careers next year.
So is there anyone else that thinks we need to push Charlie into the midfield next year? If he can get 20 disposals a game on a wing it will be very damaging. Is he the outside runner we're looking for?

And is the pursuit of Menzel in order to allow us to release him from the forward line?

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
So is there anyone else that thinks we need to push Charlie into the midfield next year? If he can get 20 disposals a game on a wing it will be very damaging. Is he the outside runner we're looking for?

And is the pursuit of Menzel in order to allow us to release him from the forward line?
No, he's at least 2 or 3 years away from being able to do that. Needs a lot of work in the gym and endurance.

Archie87

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Wing in bursts definitely until he has a better tank. I always think back to that Collingwood game last year and his "moon walk" move and he also at one stage did a small 20 metre dash of half-back and did some dodging and weaving. It was only a glimpse, but that movement screamed wingman to me. He's wasted in a pocket.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wing in bursts definitely until he has a better tank. I always think back to that Collingwood game last year and his "moon walk" move and he also at one stage did a small 20 metre dash of half-back and did some dodging and weaving. It was only a glimpse, but that movement screamed wingman to me. He's wasted in a pocket.
I just don't want to put the mozz on the kid, but I haven't been as excited about one of our young players as CC in a long time.

I just touch wood - this kid has the potential to be one of the best rookie selections ever.

little graham

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
His future is in his hands. He knows he has attributes that can change games, he knows he's good enough, he has the support of professional organization. It's up to him, how badly does he want it, how good does he want to be?

His tackling, his pace and his ball use could be be extremely damaging in the midfield. For two years, when the heat is on in games, his touches have been class.

I thought he went missing a bit this year, but looking at the votes, he had other roles the coaches valued.

hendo8888

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide 36ers
I don't think he has the foot skills or endurance to play midfield/wing at this point in his career.
He has some tools that would make him very damaging in that role. But I don't think he's ready for it yet.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Yes have to remember he missed some gettable goals earlier in the quarter.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

His skills are very good. He just lacks composure at times. He still rushes his kicks and occasionally tries too hard to do the impossible.

Would like to see how he goes with a few years in the system.

Back