MVP Charles Sutton Medal 2014 - Who do you think will win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Wallis finishes in 10th place again this year while only playing 13 games. He seems to poll pretty well, can see him winning a few throughout his career. Well done to Libba absolutely cleaned up! And Macrae an unbelievable effort for a second year player.

Hard to believe Wood polled fewer votes than Hunter despite playing more games.

How far has Cooney's game slipped? The one time Brownlow medallist can only finish eq 14th in the B&F of a club that finished 5th last. :( The only #1 pick we've ever had in the ND and we never got more than one season of his best football.

How far has Cooney's game slipped? The one time Brownlow medallist can only finish eq 14th in the B&F of a club that finished 5th last. :( The only #1 pick we've ever had in the ND and we never got more than one season of his best football.

Yep its not a good look but he did play 18 games and 3 or 4 where as the sub so he realistically only played 15 max....

But like what you said we only got a snippet of his best.. That bloody knee...:(

Higgins in 16th and Minson in 17th position as really shows the drop off in our seasoned players this season and that they are not nearly contributing enough. How Roughead and Cooney finished in front of Easton Wood I will never know he deserved a top 10 spot this season. Higgins had a injury free season and a good preseason yet he finishes in 16th spot. Time to go Shaun!!

It's a little bit easier to swallow knowing he has struggled cause of injury, it's not like we just * up a number one pick like Watts or Scully.

Charles Sutton Medal (1st): Tom Liberatore
Doug Hawkins Medal (2nd): Robert Murphy
Gary Dempsey Medal (3rd): Jackson Macrae
Tony Liberatore Most improved: Jackson Macrae
Scott West Most courageous: Liam Picken
Chris Grant Best first year player: Marcus Bontempelli
Brad Johnson Best team player: Dale Morris
John Schulz Community award: Will Minson
Players sponsor award: Jake Stringer

Coaches Award: Liam Picken
John Van Groningen Players Award: Mitch Wallis
5/11, take it.

Wood 19th
Higgins 16th
Minson 17th

These guys needed to stand up this year and are the primary reason (along with Grif's injury) that we underperformed this year.

I thought Wood was okay but then he was dropped and the above placing suggest he wasn't doing what the club wanted.

Higgins with no injury excuses, dropped as well, just not good enough - its clear the club won't miss his 'work' too much.

Minson, amazing drop off from last year's AA form. Surely he was carrying something??

Wood 19th
Higgins 16th
Minson 17th

These guys needed to stand up this year and are the primary reason (along with Grif's injury) that we underperformed this year.

I thought Wood was okay but then he was dropped and the above placing suggest he wasn't doing what the club wanted.

Higgins with no injury excuses, dropped as well, just not good enough - its clear the club won't miss his 'work' too much.

Minson, amazing drop off from last year's AA form. Surely he was carrying something??

Agreed. We also need a lot more from Stevens. 21st place for a 23 year old who played 20 games in a struggling team is a poor return.

Can anyone who was there last night please explain how the B&F voting works round by round?
Who casts the votes?
How many are given for each round?
Each member of the coaching staff gives out a 5-4-3-2-1 after each game. There are 5 people on the coaching staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just another query on voting at B & F. If there is 75 votes per game ( 5,4,3,2,1. By 5 people ), over 22 matches that equals 1650 votes but if you add up the votes there are 2228.

Just another query on voting at B & F. If there is 75 votes per game ( 5,4,3,2,1. By 5 people ), over 22 matches that equals 1650 votes but if you add up the votes there are 2228.
Pretty sure that each coach gives a number between 0-5 to each player, so Macrae could get 5 votes, and Griffen could get 5 votes, from the same person.

"Our finish still lingers pretty fresh, I reckon, for most of us, from the weekend. It was a game that could have been won... should have been won. But we'd still be... where we're at. But it can't overshadow the progress that we've made this year, in my opinion."

Took the words out of my mouth, Mac.

Also, I've heard a few figures speak of Libba, Dahl and Roughie leading the charge for the other boys.

Can anyone who attended elaborate on this, did anyone say anything about it? timtamWB, candymanwb, Ant_, Mike__, Dogs_r_barking?

The way the voting system works for the count is that a player can get as many as 25 votes per game. So to me that says for example, 5 people vote and the votes are cumulative for the result

Remove this Banner Ad

Back