Charles Sutton Medal 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brucey struggled with his weight during the hub season, but he turned it around onfield, and obviously a popular team-mate. Even when struggling with his own form through this year apparently was constantly encouraging team-mates on and off field.

Oh and he probably still lives in some North defenders' heads...

🔴⚪🔵

That clip of him kicking his 10th while Libba, Baz, and VDM biff with half of North's side is truly iconic

Brucey struggled with his weight during the hub season, but he turned it around onfield, and obviously a popular team-mate. Even when struggling with his own form through this year apparently was constantly encouraging team-mates on and off field.

Oh and he probably still lives in some North defenders' heads...

🔴⚪🔵

You could always tell that the person most happy for one of our forwards doing something cool was Brucey.

Lol I thought Bevo was holding a Coles reusable shopping bag and was shaking my head about how much of an odd character he is, turns out it was the Domestique jersey.
Well it was a pretty torturous (and tortuous) explanation of how the King of the Mountain jersey could be used as a prop for the Domestique award. They are quite different things, but he got there in the end. Credit to him for being innovative anyway.

In road bicycle racing, a domestique is a rider who works for the benefit of their team and leader, rather than trying to win the race. In French, domestique translates as "servant".

In all honesty, it sounds like we have a pretty good culture at the club despite the crap people like Caro come out with. So what on earth has gone wrong? Are we just deficient in the football department leading to Bevo being pulled in too many directions?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You could always tell that the person most happy for one of our forwards doing something cool was Brucey.

Yep, and by their reaction to his 10th, they were all rapt for him too. Not only did he have a great 2021 personally, but he was a big factor in how the forwards functioned - understood when to spread, decoy lead wide, when to block.

It wasn't only his goals we missed in the GF.

Yep, and by their reaction to his 10th, they were all rapt for him too. Not only did he have a great 2021 personally, but he was a big factor in how the forwards functioned - understood when to spread, decoy lead wide, when to block.

It wasn't only his goals we missed in the GF.

Libba just wanted to fight though, which I fully support

Bevo is ditching the weekly domestique award and replacing it a new symbolic representation to recognise individual performance.
8EF83F2E-99D7-497B-95D4-10098E67FD85.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back