Charles Sutton Medal 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

geoffjennings79

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Brucey struggled with his weight during the hub season, but he turned it around onfield, and obviously a popular team-mate. Even when struggling with his own form through this year apparently was constantly encouraging team-mates on and off field.

Oh and he probably still lives in some North defenders' heads...

🔴⚪🔵

(Log in to remove this ad.)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Brucey struggled with his weight during the hub season, but he turned it around onfield, and obviously a popular team-mate. Even when struggling with his own form through this year apparently was constantly encouraging team-mates on and off field.

🔴⚪🔵

That clip of him kicking his 10th while Libba, Baz, and VDM biff with half of North's side is truly iconic

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown

🔴⚪🔵

You could always tell that the person most happy for one of our forwards doing something cool was Brucey.

dogwatch

Premium Platinum
Jun 17, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Lol I thought Bevo was holding a Coles reusable shopping bag and was shaking my head about how much of an odd character he is, turns out it was the Domestique jersey.
Well it was a pretty torturous (and tortuous) explanation of how the King of the Mountain jersey could be used as a prop for the Domestique award. They are quite different things, but he got there in the end. Credit to him for being innovative anyway.

In road bicycle racing, a domestique is a rider who works for the benefit of their team and leader, rather than trying to win the race. In French, domestique translates as "servant".

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In all honesty, it sounds like we have a pretty good culture at the club despite the crap people like Caro come out with. So what on earth has gone wrong? Are we just deficient in the football department leading to Bevo being pulled in too many directions?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

geoffjennings79

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You could always tell that the person most happy for one of our forwards doing something cool was Brucey.

Yep, and by their reaction to his 10th, they were all rapt for him too. Not only did he have a great 2021 personally, but he was a big factor in how the forwards functioned - understood when to spread, decoy lead wide, when to block.

It wasn't only his goals we missed in the GF.

ossie_21

Premium Platinum
May 28, 2010
Melbourne (ex-Perth)
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Everton
Yep, and by their reaction to his 10th, they were all rapt for him too. Not only did he have a great 2021 personally, but he was a big factor in how the forwards functioned - understood when to spread, decoy lead wide, when to block.

It wasn't only his goals we missed in the GF.

Libba just wanted to fight though, which I fully support

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bevo is ditching the weekly domestique award and replacing it a new symbolic representation to recognise individual performance.
8EF83F2E-99D7-497B-95D4-10098E67FD85.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back