Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all

We’ve got 2 tickets for the Sutton Medal night @ Crown on Wed Sept 28 at 7pm

Post if

• you’d like to go in the draw
  • you must be a current 2022 player sponsor

More details later

Last edited:
Look he didn’t skulk off bad mouthing the club. He fronted up and treated the Charles Sutton Medal with the respect it deserves.

Hes gone, Brissy will have to pony up, and we will draft the next gun for our football club. It could have been worse he could have gone to a Victorian club like Collingwood or Geelong, or even Melbourne, now that would have really sucked.

Nervous lol, he's so far up his own backside he couldn't give a rats. Why don't you go attack the other posters on here who have also said that he's dead to me?
I think we must have a different definition of “attack” if that’s how you took my post. I assume it’s ok to have different opinions without either of us being ****heads.

For your appeasement I’ve given thumbs down to a couple of posts from when I started looking at the thread.

Christ some of you lot are hard to please. Yeah it sucks that we are losing a great player, but he is well entitled to leave and has been a great servant of the club. Whatever his reason for leaving is, we have to respect the hard work and passion he put into the club. He’s a premiership player and BNF winner for Christ sake.

Grow up.
I really have to laugh at posts like this. We are all die-hard supporters, many have spent their entire lives supporting the club. If you respect him, fine. No need to tell other people what to think. First tries to go to Essendon, now to Brisbane with that "great human" Chris Fagan.

I respect what he did up to the elimination final, but that respect stopped last week. He is now effectively a Brisbane player.

Dunkley tried to leave 2 years ago to the Bumbers let’s not forget that

It all came down to the $ for Dunks was his reasons 2 years ago and it never changed.

Enjoy the ambience of coach Fagan and Captain Zorko

Bevo subtly clipped him for chasing the dollars with that comment.

Then not so subtly clipped Andrew Dunkley, saying "Andrew would tell me all he needed was an opportunity in the midfield - but we gave him plenty of opportunity" or something to that effect.
Yeh. Certainly tasted some spice in all that.

Get the feeling that a few aren't happy with his exit....

The same for Dempsey, Quinlan, Round, Templeton, Ward, Harbrow….. is there a need to go on?

Let’s just hope we got to see the best of him.
Wouldn't call Dempsey a traitor and put him the same category as Dunkley. 200 games and played for over 10 years during the hard times. Round and Quinlan were offloaded by the club, not their faults in leaving. Harbrow an indigenous man who wanted to go back to his mob. Even Ward said he wanted to stay and would've if they offered him what he wanted. Dunkley completely different to all of them .

Wouldn't call Dempsey a traitor and put him the same category as Dunkley. 200 games and played for over 10 years during the hard times. Round and Quinlan were offloaded by the club, not their faults in leaving. Harbrow an indigenous man who wanted to go back to his mob. Even Ward said he wanted to stay and would've if they offered him what he wanted. Dunkley completely different to all of them .
And if we paid Dunkley $750k he might have stayed? I don’t see the diff. We still got 7 years out of him and he tried his guts out to the end.

Most of us on this board would have taken the absolute piss in a resignation notice period when changing jobs, whereas Dunks clearly was still putting in his absolute full effort

How much stationery did he steal from the supplies cupboard ? Why did his toilet breaks go from 5 to 15 minutes? How come he'd arrive at training in the afternoon with a beery grin ten minutes late?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beveridge era placings in the Charles Sutton Medal...

Top 10
8x M. Bontempelli, J. Macrae
7x C. Daniel
6x
5x L. Hunter, J. Johannisen
4x T. Liberatore, A. Naughton
3x J. Dunkley, L. Picken, B. Williams, E. Wood
2x 7 players
1x 13 players

Top 5
8x M. Bontempelli
7x
6x J. Macrae
4x C. Daniel, T. Liberatore
3x J. Dunkley
2x 4 players
1x 7 players

Top 3
7x M. Bontempelli
6x
5x
4x J. Macrae
3x T. Liberatore
2x J. Dunkley, L. Hunter
1x 6 players

Winners
4x M. Bontempelli
3x
2x
1x C. Daniel, J. Dunkley, L. Hunter, E. Wood

Last edited:
I really have to laugh at posts like this. We are all die-hard supporters, many have spent their entire lives supporting the club. If you respect him, fine. No need to tell other people what to think. First tries to go to Essendon, now to Brisbane with that "great human" Chris Fagan.

I respect what he did up to the elimination final, but that respect stopped last week. He is now effectively a Brisbane player.
Sounds like a maturity problem. Cries of “traitor” are a bit much for a player who has seen out his contract and won our BnF.

Sounds like a maturity problem. Cries of “traitor” are a bit much for a player who has seen out his contract and won our BnF.
Ah yes, I see. You are the arbiter of maturity. Why do you care what other people think? Again, no one is telling you what to think, you respect him, that's your opinion and that's fine. It's an online forum, people are entitled to their opinions which are different to yours. Enjoy your high horse. :)

Ah yes, I see. You are the arbiter of maturity. Why do you care what other people think? Again, no one is telling you what to think, you respect him, that's your opinion and that's fine. It's an online forum, people are entitled to their opinions which are different to yours. Enjoy your high horse. :)
Just thought we as supporters were a bit better than pillorying a bloke who's given us seven years of very good service, won a premiership and a BnF, and is leaving on solid terms. I think you're being a bit of a sook, that's all :)

Just thought we as supporters were a bit better than pillorying a bloke who's given us seven years of very good service, won a premiership and a BnF, and is leaving on solid terms. I think you're being a bit of a sook, that's all :)
Thanks for the assessment, it's really appreciated from someone with such self-ascribed maturity. How about you STFU with the labels, and stick to your own opinion. I didn't pillory him at all, I said my respect stopped when he requested a trade. I haven't disrespected any of his achievements with us - you seem to have a major issue with comprehension. Try reading my posts again, maybe have a dictionary handy to help you with the longer words. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back