More details later

Last edited:

RedWhite&Blue

Premiership Player
Jul 21, 2005
Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just my opinion but I think it’s fair to argue that 90% of the ground work for a trade would have already been completed. Sure it could be used as a negotiation tactic but I don’t buy that a bnf automatically gets more value.

I suppose it depends on the opposition list manager and how they value it. Some may or some may have already determined a value of Dunkley if he finished first or if he finished 2nd.
Yea fair enough - at the end of the day we are all in the opinion business.
A lot of players have clauses in their contracts that reward them for how they finish in the B&F so it is a vital metric in rating a player's worth to the team they play for.
I can imagine SP at the negotiating table just repeating the line "but he's our reigning B&F winner, we desperately need him but you guys need him more"...
The B&F win is massive in any argument on market value.

Angak

All Australian
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just my opinion but I think it’s fair to argue that 90% of the ground work for a trade would have already been completed. Sure it could be used as a negotiation tactic but I don’t buy that a bnf automatically gets more value.

I suppose it depends on the opposition list manager and how they value it. Some may or some may have already determined a value of Dunkley if he finished first or if he finished 2nd.

Let's put this way.

If Dunkley finished 15th in our B&F do you think it would impact his trade value ?

Of course it would.

Brisbane will have a indicative trade value for Dunkley but all of this is up for negotiating over the next two weeks.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Let's put this way.

If Dunkley finished 15th in our B&F do you think it would impact his trade value ?

Of course it would.

Brisbane will have a indicative trade value for Dunkley but all of this is up for negotiating over the next two weeks.

Of course. My argument is more so the difference between winning it and finishing 2nd or 3rd.

We all knew weeks ago he’d be finishing close to the top.

mmmmmm.... yeah nahhhhh
get stuffed
Haha you guys
Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Dunkley tried to leave 2 years ago to the Bumbers let’s not forget that

It all came down to the $ for Dunks was his reasons 2 years ago and it never changed.

Enjoy the ambience of coach Fagan and Captain Zorko
I’m so regretting we didn’t let him go to the Bummers.

If only Dunkley had heard Joel Selwood’s retirement speech. Joel could have got a lot more money, not only from Geelong, but at other clubs too. He chose neither option. Because he loved his teammates and his club and wanted to now make them better. Like Dunkley, Selwood won a flag in his first year as a kid. Not through their efforts necessarily, but the loyal servants that went beforehand. At Geelong it was Chapman, Scarlett Mooney, Ling etc. we had M Boyd, Morris and Picken etc. Selwood got another two flags early. But then went on to become like a Ling, Monney type and drag his club along. Why doesn’t Dunkley want to become the new Morris or Picko? The club gave him much, he will still get well paid, but it’s time for him to give back. One is a legend, one will be …
He’s not playing the game for the same reasons as Selwood, sadly. I label him “not a team player”.

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
I’m so regretting we didn’t let him go to the Bummers.

Don’t regret it. Sent message to players and other clubs that we mean business

Dunks had to wait 2 years to get a pay rise and Dodo worked out Power is no push over

I must say Bevo's two speeches last night were amazing. I wouldn't want anyone else leading our football club.

Amen. Sent it to a Kiwi friend as a point of pride in who leads our club.

Back