Universal Love Charlie ‘Chook’ Constable

Remove this Banner Ad

MAHjnr

Debutant
Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
Is Constable like Bartel?
Angry at not playing enough games in the seniors early in career.

Private School boy, who maybe has had things too easy in school football. Trains hard, but lacks x factor.

AM

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
True.

But when I get tagged about certain players, and those remarks turn out to be 100% wrong, I'm going to give it back just as hard with zero apologies.
No one expects apologies. Our assessments/opinions can be wide of the mark and often are. Even the so-called experts often get it wrong.

catscollector

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Is Constable like Bartel?
Angry at not playing enough games in the seniors early in career.

Private School boy, who maybe has had things too easy in school football. Trains hard, but lacks x factor.
I think Bartel had x factor.
He was one of the most brilliant marking midfielders in the game.

Constable will be a good player if he gets a crack at it. Watching him this year, he seems to lack a bit of creativity when he gets the ball. The other thing is he's a big unit. About 6ft'3 and very much the prototypical size for a midfielder these days. Shame the coaches could not find a way to give him a small batch of games just to see what he has.

Partridge

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong

Constable will be a good player if he gets a crack at it. Watching him this year, he seems to lack a bit of creativity when he gets the ball. The other thing is he's a big unit. About 6ft'3 and very much the prototypical size for a midfielder these days. Shame the coaches could not find a way to give him a small batch of games just to see what he has.
Still haven't really seen enough to judge properly. Seemed to have no issue finding it which is good.

There will be opportunities coming though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thecatattack

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
Still haven't really seen enough to judge properly. Seemed to have no issue finding it which is good.

There will be opportunities coming though.
He's a good ball winner but if he still can't run out games, 3 seasons in, then that'll be his downfall.

Matthew Jelley

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Move on Jack Steven and keep Constable please

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Considering how little interest has been shown in Constable we may have no option

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
But he's won heaps of best & fairests.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

What l already know he has us an average of 21 possessions from the get go, bet that rises if he gets game continuity in the future and also puts on size.

Turbocat

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
So he's told the club that if an offer comes up elsewhere he's happy to move.
* wells said it on 3aw at 6:30 ish
If an offer comes up in Victoria..? I think StKilda seemed to have moved past him now. Could we see another trade abomination and him heading to Waverley?
If North liked him it would probably simplify things.

Remove this Banner Ad