you pick one

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
It's called 'Dtlive.com.au' - basically a tool for fantasy/supercoach/rdt players to utilize info for their players (also a bit of a discussion forum).

That's why Clark got the potato, because his score was awful. Dahl isn't even relevant in fantasy anymore, so that's why he doesn't even warrant a mention, haha
I just put that into favorites
Thanks

goyoucatters

Premiership Player
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Not sure I really should be surprised, but at half time there was a few of comments on social media talking about Constable's second quarter efforts with his 9 disposals & a goal - and he should rightly be praised for the work he did that quarter

We the match went on, the level of praise went as quiet as Constable did
The second quarter possessions were very handy. And his goal was an absolute clutch moment. But if you can only deliver at that level for half a game (at best), you become a serious impediment to your team's chances.

A first-year player in his debut game ended up offering us as much if not more in the second half than a guy in his fourth season who hadn't even started the game. Sadly, I think that tells us a lot about Charlie's prospects of playing stacks of senior footy in 2021.

And, for the eleventieth time, the fact he wasn't on the ground for incredibly long periods isn't an excuse. It's actually a huge part of the problem. If he was trusted to make it to contests and positively affect the play, he clearly would have been out there for vast swathes of the second half, given we were a player down in rotations for almost the entire third and fourth quarters. He should have been the freshest player on the paddock and yet he was clearly in no shape to be a real influence on the game.

For mine, it's time to go back to the Bankers and conjure up nostalgic recollections of Peter Featherby in his pomp before he's even considered for the seniors again.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
What i find baffling (apart from the hate and the calls to delist a 12 game player that averages 18 possessions. Your all insane!) is that he starts the 3rd qr on the bench.
So he was that buggered after a half an hour break?
And no putting him in the middle in the last? We were getting smashed.
A 15 minute break + the 3/4 time break wasn't enough?
It's not fitness.

Grimoz

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
What i find baffling (apart from the hate and the calls to delist a 12 game player that averages 18 possessions. Your all insane!) is that he starts the 3rd qr on the bench.
It's not fitness.
We didnt put him in the middle in the last when we were getting smashed because he has no defensive game, they were running it out at pace and he wouldn't have been able to go with them so wouldnt have helped and would have possibly made it worse, and yes his tank is a problem, always has been, Scott has confirmed this in the past so he may very well have been fatigued. Seems to come out hard then hit a brick wall at a million miles an hour.

you pick one

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
We didnt put him in the middle in the last when we were getting smashed because he has no defensive game, they were running it out at pace and he wouldn't have been able to go with them so wouldnt have helped and would have possibly made it worse, and yes his tank is a problem, always has been, Scott has confirmed this in the past so he may very well have been fatigued. Seems to come out hard then hit a brick wall at a million miles an hour.
Even if just one part of that is correct why then is he even considered for selection?

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Even if just one part of that is correct why then is he even considered for selection?
Player availablity or lack there of...

Dangerfield & Rohan are suspended, while Simpson, Menegola & Stephens unavailable due to injury, and added to that list now are Evans & Higgins. We're also missing a couple of talls in Cameron & Ratugolea who currently dealing with their own injuries

If we then look at others on the senior list who've played matches, we've got
- Zuthrie who's been given a chance both in the 22 & as sub
- Narkle seems to have been very quiet over the pre-season & outside of the first VFL practice match I haven't heard him mentioned in write-ups for our next 2 matches
- Close has played 1 VFL practice match on a comeback from injury
- or we look at taller options in Jarvis, Fort & Jenkins, though one of them probably should get a look in while Cameron is injured

We're kinda missing a few players at the moment, and Constable happened to be one of the more experienced options available

He may get games while others are unavailable, but as players start to return from suspensions or recovery from their injuries, he may start to find it harder to make the cut

Strange Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not fitness.
Lmfao you really do like to be the agitator on this board

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not fitness.
Does it make it better or worse if he's sitting on the bench not due to fitness reasons but rather because the coaches don't always have a role for him come late in the match or don't trust the defensive side to his game?

He hadn't picked up a clearances to 3/4 time, so in the last when Hawthorn was getting on top, can't really blame the coaches for backing in the guys who had either been getting first hands on the ball or those who'd been laying tackles to limit the impact of the opposition

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Does it make it better or worse if he's sitting on the bench not due to fitness reasons but rather because the coaches don't always have a role for him come late in the match or don't trust the defensive side to his game?

He hadn't picked up a clearances to 3/4 time, so in the last when Hawthorn was getting on top, can't really blame the coaches for backing in the guys who had either been getting first hands on the ball or those who'd been laying tackles to limit the impact of the opposition
I accept this reason far more. At least it makes sense.

Shadow89

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not fitness.
The old adage 'if you think it's everyone else, it's probably you', probably rings true here.

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I posted this elsewhere, but kinda wonder if similar could be said for Constable in regards to his style of play versus that of Worpel

AFL 2021: The winners and losers under league’s new playing rules
It’s been a game-changer, but the AFL’s new rules have also had a dramatic effect on the AFL player stockmarket. So who is rising and who is falling?

Fallers
JAMES WORPEL (Hawthorn):
The Hawks are operating with Tom Mitchell, Jaeger O’Meara and Chad Wingard as their first-choice centre-bounce set-up, so Worpel is the odd man out. Is yet to register more than 17 touches, after averaging almost 27 without Mitchell in 2019. Alastair Clarkson likes versatility in his men, but Worpel’s been an inside midfielder all the way through.

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
But maybe not. Noones calling for Zuthrie to be cut off the list when we'd rather put a player out on the ground who's so grossly unfit he must've been smoking 2 packs of ciggies and playing World of Warcraft 23 hours a day in the pre-season.

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
But maybe not. Noones calling for Zuthrie to be cut off the list when we'd rather put a player out on the ground who's so grossly unfit he must've been smoking 2 packs of ciggies a day and playing World of Warcraft 23 hours a day in the pre-season.
Pretty sure there's been plenty of calls for Zuth to be delisted from the time the Auskick kid was drafted

During and since round 1 there's been calls to delist him - and that's not waiting until the end of the season to delist him

With Constable it seems people are actually more willing to at least allow him to play out this season in the VFL, and acknowledging that at this stage it's unlikely he'll be on the list next season

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Pretty sure there's been plenty of calls for Zuth to be delisted from the time the Auskick kid was drafted

During and since round 1 there's been calls to delist him - and that's not waiting until the end of the season to delist him

With Constable it seems people are actually more willing to at least allow him to play out this season in the VFL, and acknowledging that at this stage it's unlikely he'll be on the list next season
Ahh fair enough. I haven't seen much of the Zuthrie bashing this year TBH.
I'm not against him BTW. There's something possibly there. Maybe.

Remove this Banner Ad