Universal Love Charlie ‘Chook’ Constable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fogarty or Miers should debut before him only because our forward 50 pressure is poor. But Constable seems a good prospect.

Its an interesting question. if Dangerfield is out and they want to play Ablett forward and Selwood back further. Then there is a small opening for Constable.

Being Geelong though I think they will probably be conservative and play both guns mainly midfield,closing that hole.

I can't see Fog or Miers getting a start while Kelly, Menegola, Gregson , Parsons, Cockatoo, Parfitt are available. I like JJ also but he still has few things to get on top of (e.g. keeping his feet in a contest) but even he has probably earn't his chance before Fogarty or Miers at this stage.

For what its worth Constable was listed at $26 for Rising Star much better than the other kids we have. Next best are Fogarty, Miers and Z Guthrie at $51. Do they know something?

"RISING Geelong midfielder Charlie Constable has emerged as one of the strongest contenders to fill the void left by Joel Selwood and Mitch Duncan during the upcoming pre-season matches following a tough summer of gut running and increased skills work".

"Despite consistently racking up big numbers there he was unable to make his way back to the AFL side, with questions surrounding his capacity to run as hard both ways as he should".

Personally, I did not think that Charlie was the Lone Ranger here.

It is supposed to be for subscribers only but the page opened for me.
Often they don't open the 2nd time around.
So for all you subscribers to the Addy, go for your life.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...e/news-story/780c0288b4c5afc60af9cb04edc188e9

"Despite consistently racking up big numbers there he was unable to make his way back to the AFL side, with questions surrounding his capacity to run as hard both ways as he should".

Personally, I did not think that Charlie was the Lone Ranger here.

It is supposed to be for subscribers only but the page opened for me.
Often they don't open the 2nd time around.
So for all you subscribers to the Addy, go for your life.

https://www.geelongadvertiser.com.a...e/news-story/780c0288b4c5afc60af9cb04edc188e9

Just put an 'anti-paywall' add on extension on your browser and all articles appear, i use Firefox works for me, Chrome also have apps, Microsoft forget it.

Will that work on your phone too?
They don't generally work on the phone, and some of the anti-paywall add-ons I've used in the past don't work anymore - firefox has removed various anti-paywall options (they breach T&Cs) and even some that are still available aren't necessarily very good as newspapers are continually updating their systems and prevent them from working.

There's some articles recently that I've tried to access through various anti-paywall options & the articles just wouldn't open

They don't generally work on the phone, and some of the anti-paywall add-ons I've used in the past don't work anymore - firefox has removed various anti-paywall options (they breach T&Cs) and even some that are still available aren't necessarily very good as newspapers are continually updating their systems and prevent them from working.

There's some articles recently that I've tried to access through various anti-paywall options & the articles just wouldn't open
It's ironic that the best paywalls protect the worst content.
I'm not sure I would go to the effort required to read an Addy or Sun article, and certainly wouldn't hand over any cash.

Reckon the plodster will play 20 games this season.
Looks a keeper. Will smash in at contests. Our best period last season had Mr plod front and centre.
Kolo Blicavs O'Connor
Stewart Taylor Henry
Clark Mr Plod Duncan
Cockatoo Hawkins Dahlhaus
Miers Ratatatat Ablett
Stanley Dangerfield Steven
Selwood Parfitt Narkle Jenkins
Atkins Tuohy Menegola Guthrie Rohan Henderson Kreuger Stephens Fogarty
Depth galore
Plod on patrol

Yeah, News Corp (a.k.a. bastard Murdoch who owns 90% of Australian media) has gotten a lot smarter with their curbing of anti-paywall software/sites. My partner has access to all news sites due to her working at a uni (access but not paying for it - the dream). You or anyone else on the board who wants articles blocked by News Corp, just tag me in a comment and I'll copy paste the article :)

Yeah, News Corp (a.k.a. bastard Murdoch who owns 90% of Australian media) has gotten a lot smarter with their curbing of anti-paywall software/sites. My partner has access to all news sites due to her working at a uni (access but not paying for it - the dream). You or anyone else on the board who wants articles blocked by News Corp, just tag me in a comment and I'll copy paste the article :)

I get the opposite, been running anti-paywall extension on Firefox for years and still works fine for local and overseas sites, to the point i dont even think about it. I just assume they update the extension to go with the times.

Though to be fair, almost all paywall articles are rubbish....

Many people are picking him to be in the side and to play a pivotal role.
This is based on potential in the seconds. He has a very long way to go and lacks senior experience.
We wish him the best

Many people are picking him to be in the side and to play a pivotal role.
This is based on potential in the seconds. He has a very long way to go and lacks senior experience.
We wish him the best
I don't care that much about his VFL form, my high opinion of him is almost entirely based off of his time in the seniors last year.

Not that he hasn't done good things at VFL level, but I think his attributes actually look better at the highest level where his role as an extractor/linkman can connect with more polished teammates better able to convert those attacking opportunities he generates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care that much about his VFL form, my high opinion of him is almost entirely based off of his time in the seniors last year.

Not that he hasn't done good things at VFL level, but I think his attributes actually look better at the highest level where his role as an extractor/linkman can connect with more polished teammates better able to convert those attacking opportunities he generates.
Yes. I don't get a chance to watch VFL.
But seven SENIOR games with an average disposal of 21.4 gives me a fair bit of information with which to form my opinion.

He has been added to the rising star market. I thought he was eligible but was not listed as eligible until recently.
He is reasonably short. Betting companies employ people because they are good judges!

Lets hope they are on to something.

He has been added to the rising star market. I thought he was eligible but was not listed as eligible until recently.
He is reasonably short. Betting companies employ people because they are good judges!

Lets hope they are on to something.
$13 is a reasonable shot

2/3rds of our midfield out, play our next in line midfielder as a defender, yep that's pretty Geelong. Square peg, round hole. Zuthrie defender to midfielder is equally as dumb. Personally I don't like Atkins as a mid either. It is his natural position at least but if he is playing full time mid I'm booking my September holidays now. Just play the young guy with upside in his correct position FFS. It will be a long year if we lose and fail to develop players.

The guy averaged 21 possessions in 7 games first year now trailled as a hbf.
He's an inside mid not overly fast and now trailled as a hb where you must have pace.

Makes me wonder if they're trying to convince him to leave?

This isn't the first time he's been looking at a half back option. He talked about it before his first season on the list as a way he might be able to debut before moving into the midfield.

The guy averaged 21 possessions in 7 games first year now trailled as a hbf.
He's an inside mid not overly fast and now trailled as a hb where you must have pace.

Makes me wonder if they're trying to convince him to leave?

Just sums up our coaches. Gun defender in Blicavs? Throw him in the ruck. Didn't work? Throw him on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back