Universal Love Charlie ‘Chook’ Constable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bow to those better informed here on the available young talent. Turbocat and Pure_Ownage for example. Seems to be a focus on short-termism with the inclusion of the likes of Smith and Higgins. It's reassuring that those inside the camp get it right more often than not.

Informed is relative though. We still have very little idea of what goes on behind and the scenes and none at all at how it will pan out.

There's no one who knows which young players make it and which don't. It's informed guesswork.

Informed is relative though. We still have very little idea of what goes on behind and the scenes and none at all at how it will pan out.

There's no one who knows which young players make it and which don't. It's informed guesswork.
especially this year ... and picking is only half the job, Many a good pick fail to handle the demands and develop as hoped

No. Hope he gets a better opportunity next year. I think he should come in to give Selwood a rest at regular intervals. Reckon 2021 is Joel’s last. He’s struggling for impact now.

I think he is going to struggle. He needs big summer in the gym or a big summer in the runners... he need to try and show something ..or he will have 10 guys in front of him. He is lucky in a way ..no Crouch , no early pick player. Can he be more than an accumulator ?

I think he is going to struggle. He needs big summer in the gym or a big summer in the runners... he need to try and show something ..or he will have 10 guys in front of him. He is lucky in a way ..no Crouch , no early pick player. Can he be more than an accumulator ?

Is he unfairly maligned do you think? When I see him play I see a guy that wins the hard ball and is an effective distributor, mainly by hand, to a teammate. That’s his go. Aside from increasing his tank, and just generally getting better as he develops, I’m not sure he needs to do more?

No. Hope he gets a better opportunity next year. I think he should come in to give Selwood a rest at regular intervals. Reckon 2021 is Joel’s last. He’s struggling for impact now.
Good chance Stephen’s is picked before him and Narkle if he gets a new contract
His last year at Geelong will be in the VFL

Good chance Stephen’s is picked before him and Narkle if he gets a new contract
His last year at Geelong will be in the VFL

Looks like Stephens and Constable are similar types and will be competing against each other. I haven’t yet seen any evidence that Stephens is ahead of Constable though. Tough first year having said that.

Looks like Stephens and Constable are similar types and will be competing against each other. I haven’t yet seen any evidence that Stephens is ahead of Constable though. Tough first year having said that.
Was talk on the GFC page last week that the 2 draftees from recent years who actually thrived in the hub was Stephen’s and SDK
Obviously limited vision but I’m looking forward to watching CS play hopefully a few senior games this year

Is he unfairly maligned do you think? When I see him play I see a guy that wins the hard ball and is an effective distributor, mainly by hand, to a teammate. That’s his go. Aside from increasing his tank, and just generally getting better as he develops, I’m not sure he needs to do more?
His body shape looks little different to me. does he need to do more.? Id say yes ..or nothing will change.

Remember the Cats system depends getting into defensive positions quickly. I think that is where the MC is worried, or that his direct opponents run off him easily, especially towards ends of quarters.
I think everyone knows he can get the ball and has quick, accurate hands.
IMO

Agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if he can be more than an accumulator, but it's great to have some accumulators.

Don't know if he can be more than an accumulator, but it's great to have some accumulators.
Reckon players in the development phase were more adversely affected by the absence of a serious competitive VFL comp than the more seasoned players. Needs to show more in 2021.

9EAA8355-6A01-44B4-A3FC-7F1C8FB27CA0.jpeg Go and seek out Jobe Watson. Even Lingy although endurance was never his issue apparently.

He’s never going to be quick but he could still be a very good AFL player. Not with the rig he currently gets around in. Hopefully this shows him he isn’t as good as I have the feeling he thinks he is. He needs a transformation pre season. Alas it’s already almost Dec.

Last edited:
Not 1 club wanted them tells you Constable and Narkle have big holes in their games. both on last chance and will be dumped this year or next

Yeah nah. Chook contracted for next year. And narks will get another deal. After that, who knows?

View attachment 1011414Go and seek out Jobe Watson. Even Lingy although endurance was never his issue apparently.

He’s never going to be quick but he could still be a very good AFL player. Not with the rig he currently gets around in. Hopefully this shows him he isn’t as good as I have the feeling he thinks he is. He needs a transformation pre season. Alas it’s already almost Dec.

hmm might be a bit of a worry, if he gives them a phone number for a bloke named shane.

So many happy to see an an under exposed accumulator like Constable get the flick with a rising star nomination in his second game,but won't bat an eye when no touches Zuthrie get another 2 year contract.

He gets the ball, always a big plus; but we'll have to wait and see this season whether all the work he conceded he needed to do, and said he was doing, has fixed up his big problem, namely s**t disposal.

He gets the ball, always a big plus; but we'll have to wait and see this season whether all the work he conceded he needed to do, and said he was doing, has fixed up his big problem, namely sh*t disposal.
A while since we have seen him,his block of games that prompted that was 150 disposals with 1 clanger roughly every 9 disposals,Selwood this season was roughly 1 clanger every 5.5 disposals.What am I missing?

And a swag of superlatives you could use to go with that too,no that's not what I'm missing.
I think I get it, but will be interesting to see how Selwood fits in next year if he continues to decline. How long can he keep dining out on his capital ?
Another small chapter in what looms as a fascinating season.

Stephens did well in endurance testing so will have Chook covered for defensive running. It comes down to how often he wins the ball and what he does with it then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back