News Charlie and the Lions Factory - the Everlasting Charlie Cameron Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I called one of them out on it yesterday, asking where we had offered 12. He was unable to provide a link, just the name of a journo who mentioned it. I did some research, and sure enough the article didn't exist. They are making it up. Didn't Noble say this morning that Brisbane have offered 20, and there is dialogue between the clubs?
I live in Adelaide, and by far, Crows fans are the most insufferable in the league. (Eagles fans not far behind)
It seems to be a misinterpretation of the "pick 12 ain't going to help me next year" quote by Reid. Seems to me they know pick 12 isn't going to happen and they're angling to land Gibbs and placate the fans by tying it all together in the one deal (even if it's two transactions).

In the same article on the AFL website (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-17/time-running-out-for-schache-as-cameron-stalemate-continues) it says "AFL.com.au understands Lions utility Sam Mayes – a South Australian junior – isn't on the Crows' radar" so everyone can relax re:Mayes. They probably asked the question and we/he said no, hence he "isn't on their radar".

Dodongo wants you all to calm your **** and dont believe that the club would make a deal like that. Dodongo is THAT confident Mayes wont be traded that Dodongo will stake Dodongo's dick on that.

lol otherwise you may need this as a profile pick

varys-31.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Details if you can please:)
Said pick 20 is more than fair for a former rookie player. Adelaide have Milera who can come in and fill that void. Young said while Charlie could remain in Adelaide as he is contracted he doubted whether he could perform, pointing to an indifferent season this year in which he finished outside the top 10 in the B&F.

Young said he got the impression, via Brisbane, that Justin Reid doesn't want to leave Pyke out to dry in the sense of losing players but not bringing anything back in.

They're getting together with Adelaide and Brisbane tomorrow so they were hopeful something comes of that.

Last edited:
Said pick 20 is more than fair for a former rookie player. Adelaide have Milera who can come in and fill that void. Connors said while Charlie could remain in Adelaide as he is contracted he doubted whether he could perform, pointing to an indifferent season this year in which he finished outside the top 10 in the B&F.

Connors said he got the impression, via Brisbane, that Justin Reid doesn't want to leave Pyke out to dry in the sense of losing players but not bringing anything back in.

They're getting together with Adelaide and Brisbane tomorrow so they were hopeful something comes of that.
Nice post. Thanks for that

Said pick 20 is more than fair for a former rookie player. Adelaide have Milera who can come in and fill that void. Connors said while Charlie could remain in Adelaide as he is contracted he doubted whether he could perform, pointing to an indifferent season this year in which he finished outside the top 10 in the B&F.

Connors said he got the impression, via Brisbane, that Justin Reid doesn't want to leave Pyke out to dry in the sense of losing players but not bringing anything back in.

I think you mean Colin Young not Connors right?

Dodongo wants you all to calm your **** and dont believe that the club would make a deal like that. Dodongo is THAT confident Mayes wont be traded that Dodongo will stake Dodongo's dick on that.

Is Dodongo considering gender re-orientation in the near future?

Is the hold up on Charlie Cameron to the Lions a PR exercise for the Crows? If the Crows take pick 20 now, it looks like they caved, and after losing Lever and not attracting any talent in, it would look like a disaster. However, if the Crows are securing the Gibbs trade in the background, and it's something like 16 + 20, its far better to sell to the supporters... for Lever and Cameron we upgraded our first rounder and got Bryce Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back