Charlie Cameron R13 rising star

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the article in the paper about him this morning. Eddie and his wife are credited by Charlie as teaching him to eat better, look after himself and live a better life. No mean praise from the young man there. The comical bit was where he said that they hid his veggies in other food so he wouldn't know they were there, and what's more, he still does this himself. LOL.

And the best is yet to come. Charlie is developing into a real asset for the club. During the past two weeks he has shown he processes the skills to be a major contributor. I liken him to Hawthorns Bradley Hill. With Betts and Charlie we will soon have a combination as effective as Rioli and Hill
Well done Charlie

Cameron's potential is unbelievable.
He's shown he can take a contested mark on the lead or one on one. Has great pace and closing speed, already tackles better than half of our squad. Knows where the goals are and would have kicked more if he wasn't so unselfish.
Best of all he stays on his feet and can kick both feet, a skill greatly under appreciated that will serve him well in the years to come.
Wait till he masters the game and his decision making becomes instantaneous.
Truly, Charlie is a beauty!

Last edited:

He may not have had a lot of stats, about 13?? But what when he does touch the ball good things happen.

Not to mention the pressure he puts on his opponent. Cant see him spending his entire career as a small forward. Is quite suited to the attacking mid role that Dougie plays. We need a few more of em.

Imagine 26 disposals of that quality? Dangerfield who????

IMO .....will turn out more like Michael Long
In his ability to make a huge impact with few disposals he reminds me of Cyril. Of his speed along the wings, he reminds me of either of the Hills. Of his ability to maintain pressure on multiple opponents at the same contest, and generally win, I can't recall anyone able to do this to the extent he does. Perhaps a Jamie Elliot?

Thought his form was poor early in the season. He's more than earning his spot now though. His main issue has always been composure but he's improved greatly in this area since the start of the season. Will be interesting to see how he goes are a couple more years in the system. He really could be the next Betts. Has the tools.

Cameron's potential is unbelievable.
He's shown he can take a contested mark on the lead or one on one. Has great pace and closing speed, already tackles better than half of our squad. Knows where the goals are and would have kicked more if he wasn't so unselfish.
Best of all he stays on his feet and can kick both feet, a skill greatly under appreciated that will serve him well in the years to come.
Wait till he masters the game and his decision making becomes instantaneous.
Truly, Charlie is a beauty!

That's being conservative. He'd have to be about the best tackler in our side, and shows that being a lightweight is no excuse for not laying them effectively.

He seems to genuinely love flattening guys, doesn't seem to care that almost every player in the league is bigger than him either. Having a speedy, mobile, small forward who can apply pressure like that is fantastic.

The rugby player coming out in him there. Love that even if he doesn't get to the player quite in time to apply a tackle before the ball is disposed of, he drops the shoulder in and puts them on the deck, but does it completely within the rules. Makes them earn every possession.

I thought that was a pretty poor presser to tell the truth. They spent half the interview asking about Eddie. I get that Eddie has been huge in his development, but this is Charlie's moment, not Eddie's. They then basically run out of questions and so have to ask about Crouch. They could've asked about how he thinks his Rugby background has helped his tackling, what it's like to play on Adelaide oval, if he sees himself playing as small forward for the rest of his career, etc. The reporters almost seemed bored. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that was a pretty poor presser to tell the truth. They spent half the interview asking about Eddie. I get that Eddie has been huge in his development, but this is Charlie's moment, not Eddie's. They then basically run out of questions and so have to ask about Crouch. They could've asked about how he thinks his Rugby background has helped his tackling, what it's like to play on Adelaide oval, if he sees himself playing as small forward for the rest of his career, etc. The reporters almost seemed bored. :rolleyes:
Hows playing on adelaide oval? "Yeah its good, I just do my role for the team, put pressure on"
How has your rugby background helped in tackling? "Yeah, you know, I just do my role for the team, tackle and yeah"

There ya go, got the answers for you :D Can tell how shy he is in that interview. Such a little legend, him and eddie next year will be amazing, if they aren't already. Also good to hear that Teague is demanding elite standards of him and even better how Charlie has responded.

Hows playing on adelaide oval? "Yeah its good, I just do my role for the team, put pressure on"
How has your rugby background helped in tackling? "Yeah, you know, I just do my role for the team, tackle and yeah"

There ya go, got the answers for you :D Can tell how shy he is in that interview. Such a little legend, him and eddie next year will be amazing, if they aren't already. Also good to hear that Teague is demanding elite standards of him and even better how Charlie has responded.

Fair enough. But I thought the idea of a reporter was that you could get your subject to open up? They just seemed to be going through the motions.

I know my Indigenous mates are very shy and quiet people who don't like to draw attention to themselves, I think that is what CrowinNT is referring to.
Sorry I'm coming in late ....was there something in the presser that made Charlie uncomfortable?

Love the article in the paper about him this morning. Eddie and his wife are credited by Charlie as teaching him to eat better, look after himself and live a better life. No mean praise from the young man there. The comical bit was where he said that they hid his veggies in other food so he wouldn't know they were there, and what's more, he still does this himself. LOL.

A lot of parents have to resort to doing this, ironically mine had to hide the meat in my veggies.:p

Great to see him get a nod. Should give him some confidence.
I thought he was better going back to the SANFL and gain his confidence at a lower level (have to remember he is still learning the game) but Walsh kept him in and its proberbly been a good move (watch him fall in a heap after I said that).
I also could see him going into the midfield and becoming a line breaking wingman if he continues to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back