Rumour Charlie Cameron to request a trade home to Queensland

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably comes under the AFL’s seclective rule policy.
I think so. It does suck though. It creates a lot of ill feeling between clubs because the rules are so wishy washy. How is anyone supposed to know when is the right time to obey the rules and when to ignore them? I wish the AFL would get stricter with them - it would reduce the confusion and aggro. So I totally agree with you on that front.

I can confirm ADL will only be trading Charlie this year if they receive pick 12.
If Motlop chooses Adelaide they will let Charlie go for pick 18.

Ugh, your twitter account is ******* awful. * you.

Ok, fair enough. I can accept that there are things going on on both sides here. But amongst Crows fans you are in the severe minority in acknowledging that. So Kudos to you for that. The other commentary from your supporters here on BF have been listing all the egregious crimes Lever has committed and why Adelaide has not been at fault in any way. To be honest, I've never seen more vitriol towards a player leaving a club.

Short memories mate.....

upload_2017-10-9_9-49-39.jpeg

Still very mild compared to this mate. The club didn't assassinate him publicly - even if the fans did. Even the fans got over it quickly when it indirectly netted us Hogan and Viney for a bargain price. I've got a feeling this will never be over for Adelaide fans.

It will be over quickly. Just like the first match when Scully played against Melbourne, he will get a pretty hard time, but it will evaporate.
The difference between the two is Lever's dishonesty on more than one occasion. He's been poorly advised and if you think Scully's Dad was a bit Damir Dokic like, wait until Alan Lever gets his hooks in.

Personally, I'm over it, we move on.

Last edited:
Hey dude. I just wanted to come here and say that your tweets are awful, and everyone knows you're a fraud.

Ok carry on.

I'm saying this to you. THEAFLSHOUTER. You are a liar, you are a fake, and you are the Biggest. Douche. Ever.

200_s.gif

http://www.lions.com.au/video/2017-10-26/cameron-happy-to-be-in-brisbane

Watch the above video. Cameron himself states he played several Aussie rules games while attending high school in Brisbane and even spent six months in the Lions' Academy. Would that make him eligible to represent Queensland if State of Origin were to return?

Bit like Eddie, Kalgoorlie boy (his Mum still lives there), moved to SA in his teens, played U18s in Vic ... depends where you draw the lines, other than Vic where if you are good enough (Jason Dunstall) they pick you regardless!

Bit like Eddie, Kalgoorlie boy (his Mum still lives there), moved to SA in his teens, played U18s in Vic ... depends where you draw the lines, other than Vic where if you are good enough (Jason Dunstall) they pick you regardless!
But how much more criteria does he need to fulfil to be considered a Queenslander in the hypothetical State of Origin argument? He was born in Mount Isa, first played junior footy in Brisbane, was a member of the Lions academy and lived in QLD for the first 17 years of his life. How could he possibly be considered anything other than a Queenslander?

But how much more criteria does he need to fulfil to be considered a Queenslander in the hypothetical State of Origin argument? He was born in Mount Isa, first played junior footy in Brisbane, was a member of the Lions academy and lived in QLD for the first 17 years of his life. How could he possibly be considered anything other than a Queenslander?

Back in the day I reckon it had something to do with where you played your junior footy at the top state league. But I think it may have changed when the Allies concept arrived. You'd think if SOO was re-birthed, CC would be a Queensland product.

Back in the day I reckon it had something to do with where you played your junior footy at the top state league. But I think it may have changed when the Allies concept arrived. You'd think if SOO was re-birthed, CC would be a Queensland product.
It would be logical for Cameron to play for QLD but I'd guess if he were playing back in the 80s/90s he would be running out for the Sandgropers.

He just seems like a bit of a poor man's Jeff Garlett. Not sure he's really ever going to be anything more than a handy type capable of the occasional great game (eg. the prelim).

At the same age (23 years old), Garlett was more prolific (128 goals in 76 games by the end of 2012), and I'm not sure if Cameron (87 goals in 73 games) will ever even get to that level, especially playing somewhere like Brisbane, playing with less experienced and talented forwards and teammates.

Garlett was living in his bloody car and barely eating the year before he was drafted. Everyone has overcome some sort of adversity on their journey.

I'm just skeptical whether Cameron has it in him to even get to Garlett's level as a small forward, let alone anything more well-rounded beyond that as a player, especially with a team like Brisbane.

I'm not wishing the bloke ill; I'm happy for him to succeed, but I think the best chance for him to do that would be with Adelaide.

Getting supply and being the focal point (a la Jeff Farmer at Melbourne in 2000) has a bit to do with it, but I'm happy to say I honestly never though Cameron had this (52 goals and 15 goal assists in 21 games so far) in him, at any stage, let alone at age 25 with most of his prime ahead of him. Well done to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing when paying on potential. What could have been construed as overs at the time almost certainly unders now.
Was never overs. Dont forget he had two years left on a contract as well. Bust open a Prelim final and had only played a couple of seasons of AFL. His ceiling was massive for him. Worth pick 12 all day every day. Infact he was a bargin at that pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back