Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dreaming. Tom Mitchell was pick 14 and a 3rd round pick upgrade. Cameron is good, but not a patch on Mitchell (Yes I'm aware they play different positions). Brad Hill was a pick around 24 I think, probably similar value to Cameron, Brisbane's 18 should get it done
Mmm dreaming...

I watched a talk by Leigh Matthews where he said a draftee pick number means nothing. Its what you do when you get in the door that counts. All you want from trading or drafting is a player. We paid 12 for a player that is going to be in the best 22. 12 or 15 etc doesnt always get you that. Im happy with our trading. I thing Luke Hodge could be the most important trade for us this year anyway.

On SM-T530 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely caved.

Not overly stressed about the value of pick 12 in this draft as I think picks are overrated. On principal though, not impressed at all that we caved.
Not caving when he's contracted. It's the price of business. You're unlikely to get a better player at 12 and unlikely to get a better pressure forward anywhere in the draft. He'll score and create goals and just as importantly he'll provide pressure which will take the pressure off your young backline and allow them to develop.

Would be useless to bring Hodge up to train the defenders in how to play smart zone defending and then let teams march the ball from their backline. For the first time in a long time Brisbane can add some defensive game to some skilled kids who already know how to move the ball and that's how you get wins and build sustainable success.

If the Lions caved it was the Schache deal, but you got to know when to hold them....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 18 or we get him for nothing next year in the mystical PSD.

Hahahaha some of you guys were hilarious.

I actually think he was worth the 18 but you folded faster than superman on laundry day
And Adelaide overpaid on Gibbs.

Or it's just that no-one really rates this draft so picks aren't worth as much as usual.

And Adelaide overpaid on Gibbs.

Or it's just that no-one really rates this draft so picks aren't worth as much as usual.
Did we? Effectively we paid pick 10 for Gibbs. I'd say that's a bargain.
But this is a Cameron thread and we won that one too.

Reamed Melbourne and Brisbane and was even with Carlton. Fair effort from us I say.

Did we? Effectively we paid pick 10 for Gibbs. I'd say that's a bargain.
But this is a Cameron thread and we won that one too.

Reamed Melbourne and Brisbane and was even with Carlton. Fair effort from us I say.
Well if you're ignoring the relative strengths of the drafts that's not what Adelaide paid at all.
And if you're not ignoring the relative strengths of the drafts, then good job proving my point I guess. Weird way to go about it

Was not worth 12. This one helps ease the pain of the Gibbs trade though, so not complaining. Hopefully with his head in a better place he can play more than 5 good games of football a year now. Sorry Lions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back