Traded Charlie Cameron [traded to Brisbane]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
How would people rate Charlie Cameron as a trade value on the open market?
In general how do quality outside types like Charlie compare in value to quality inside players for cost?
Seems harder to find a speedy line breaker that can hit the score board than it is to find a good inside mid.

In general how do quality outside types like Charlie compare in value to quality inside players for cost?
Seems harder to find a speedy line breaker that can hit the score board than it is to find a good inside mid.
It's a club by club basis for me. For the Lions he is exactly the types that we need so in saying that would give up our first rounder from Port which I see being around 8/12 mark.

Late First round or early second round pick.

Who would be a similar quality young inside mid? Oliver? Maybe Hopper? How would they be valued compared?
Also of Charlie had if been taken with a top 5 pick, and performed as he had till now (ie played good football) rather than a rookie pick, would people value him higher?

Who would be a similar quality young inside mid? Oliver? Maybe Hopper? How would they be valued compared?
Also of Charlie had if been taken with a top 5 pick, and performed as he had till now (ie played good football) rather than a rookie pick, would people value him higher?
Two things. Draft picks are over rated and where you are drafted doesn't trading.

If the season ended tomorrow I would be glad to offer St Kilda's first round pick for him (pick 8 i think).

Would probably want a little bit back, maybe our 3rd for the crows 2nd.

Definitely a quality player with star potential, a real line breaker.

i like cameron. pace and tackling are weapons. very hard at it and does not get ruffled by the pressure.
but no chance i'd give up Oliver or Hopper for him, purely because they are better disposers of the ball

Cameron would be a top 10 pick if he was a better kick.

i like cameron. pace and tackling are weapons. very hard at it and does not get ruffled by the pressure.
but no chance i'd give up Oliver or Hopper for him, purely because they are better disposers of the ball

Cameron would be a top 10 pick if he was a better kick.
Give us Fantasia and your 2nd round pick and we will think about it

Charlie Cameron is an absolute weapon, but I would still take Oliver quite easily. Game breaker vs game maker is an analogy I'd use to differentiate between the two. You can build a game around Oliver week in week out, where as Cameron has that electric pace and strength that can break a game open.

Oliver would fetch a top 5 pick plus steak knives, Cameron probably around the 15 mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth a top 20 pick easily in a trade but would think most clubs would prefer to go to the draft late for players of his type, as shown in the post above.

Why would Essendon be throwing in extra? Fantasia has shown a heap and looks to be very bit as much a future star as Cameron does. Much better kick too.
Doesn't influence a game like Cameron does though or offer that excitement and heat around a contest.

Probably worth around pick 10-15. I can't recall how old he is and i'm too lazy to look it up but if he's over 24 then more 15-20.

He is 22, going on 23 in July. Based on his development, you probably wouldn't be upset if you drafted him with pick 6-15. Compared to recent similar players that are high draft picks - he is doing pretty well. That being said, if he wanted to go at the year - I would want pick 8-16 for him.

Rate Charlie, even in the last over the last 2 finals serie's he's played in you could tell he was all ways up for it.

Not sure what he would be worth but a good player who is benefiting being in a really good team. Another great pick up for the crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back