Universal Love Charlie Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

This leak shows that the victorians are scared of brisbane.
Most marquee players always looking for that better deal. It makes sure thier current club pays them right.
And thirdly, if Cameron was at hoarthorne, there's no limit how much money could be made as the stand out indigenous marquee player amongst a heap of non indigenous marquee players, earning big on the Melbourne circuit. This would tale his brand into American sports star levels.

Charlie angling for an early extension at Brisbane? Why wouldn’t he?

A rumour reported randomly by a random AFL 'journalist' is enough for you think think Charlie organised this to get more money out of the Lions?

A rumour reported randomly by a random AFL 'journalist' is enough for you think think Charlie organised this to get more money out of the Lions?

Yes. The Lions are amazing. Why wouldn’t he want to stay longer?

Yes. The Lions are amazing. Why wouldn’t he want to stay longer?

More to the point, he's pretty much at the top of his game right now, his value is unlikely to get much higher. Why would he not want to lock that in now, either at Brisbane or somewhere else? Leave it until next year and if his form drops away or he gets a serious injury then his value could slide.

It'll be interesting to see how all this posturing will go in the post Covid world

Previously I'd have said Charlie is in a good position to set himself up with a contract that lasts the rest of the prime of his career for mega dollars. Now? I can see clubs being much more cautious making such offers.

His home is Darwin via Mt Isa :)

Come on, everyone knows that home for AFL players is where the heart money is. :D

Even with Dangerfield, I have always genuinely felt, if the Cats were a basket case, he would have found a way to comfortably and happily travel from Moggs to Melbourne to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a player who has already left for money and with an agent who is very good at extracting every cent out of clubs.

Smoke, fire and all of that jazz. It does not seem out of character at all.

Come on, everyone knows that home for AFL players is where the heart money is. :D

Even with Dangerfield, I have always genuinely felt, if the Cats were a basket case, he would have found a way to comfortably and happily travel from Moggs to Melbourne to play.
With a father-in-law Bruce Harwood then Geelong mayor and heavily involved with the footy club and with Dangerfield family members then on Geelong Football Club's multi-millionaire benefactor Frank Costa's payroll? I don't think so.

I do believe Danger was one of the rare cases that he was always going back to Geelong at some point. Had too much riding on it.

I do however believe, had we not been such a basketcase with the Tippett sanctions, he would have stayed in 2015 and left at 2018-2019.

If your goal is to make a name of himself as Cameron in that forward line, unfortunately, the only decision you have is to move on. After all, it's not like you're needed for your offensive prowess.

Especially if you did not think Betts was at the end, which come the end of 2017, you'd be forgiven to not think about.

Anyone could see that Betts had a couple more years left of his best form at most. They could have terrorised defenses together for a couple more years then Cameron takes over as the premier small forward in the side and takes Stengle under his wing. His name would have been made.

But no, he wanted to be the premier small forward from 2018 onwards. Bah.

Anyone could see that Betts had a couple more years left of his best form at most. They could have terrorised defenses together for a couple more years then Cameron takes over as the premier small forward in the side and takes Stengle under his wing. His name would have been made.

But no, he wanted to be the premier small forward from 2018 onwards. Bah.

I wouldn't go that far. Betts showed signs of decline in 2017, though it was masked by a ridiculously hot first half of the season. He did follow a downwards trend in 2018-2019, though how much of that is us not being as good is probably related to a degree.

Let's not pretend we didn't have the opportunity to keep him by coughing up the money, but in the end of the day, he gambled he was good enough to be one of the best, took a risk and has become it. Got to tip your hat to Charlie on that one.

GoodnaturedPoshEasternglasslizard-small.gif

I wouldn't go that far. Betts showed signs of decline in 2017, though it was masked by a ridiculously hot first half of the season. He did follow a downwards trend in 2018-2019, though how much of that is us not being as good is probably related to a degree.

Let's not pretend we didn't have the opportunity to keep him by coughing up the money, but in the end of the day, he gambled he was good enough to be one of the best, took a risk and has become it. Got to tip your hat to Charlie on that one.
Betts after his hamstring injury in 2018 could barely kick the ball 30 metres. He seemed somewhat better in 2019, though did appear in decline.

I haven't watched any Carlton games this year so don't really know how he's going. Maybe a fresh start after all the B/S here has given him a second wind?

Didn't someone say Cameron didn't leave for money.

Lol.

Of course he did.

He is not as nieve/shy as many may think.

Fully understands the Footy Industry and what makes a player marketable/valuable. Spent time in the US as a kid playing baseball, and learnt the business of sport early.

We were too busy chasing Gibbs and got blindsided, undervaluing him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back