Delisted Charlie Constable [drafted by Gold Coast at pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good fit for the blues as an inside mid? Reckon he could be a Lyons type pick up, can't get a go but has the skills to play a strong role at AFL level.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I remember something that was said by someone senior at the club back when Mumford left to chase money at Sydney: "if someone wants to leave you show them the door". Said it was a pretty instrumental thing for club culture that every player is there because they want to be there and that anyone with a question in their head about an opportunity elsewhere is poison.

Might have left with Balme though because we sure as hell didn't do that with TK.

Just on that, I always think that in business. If people want to go, they go. Worst thing is to up the salary to much to try and keep them and their either unhappy or smug buggers having got you over a barrel.

With TK though I thought that wellsy was peeved that having said to him over and over again are you sure you can come then as soon as he arrived he was off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CatToTheFuture

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Good fit for the blues as an inside mid? Reckon he could be a Lyons type pick up, can't get a go but has the skills to play a strong role at AFL level.
I guess it's about finding a midfield that can make up for his lack of speed.

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

I think he can do well at the right club with the right midfield mix. Obviously that is not at Geelong but other clubs did have a look last year and none were interested.

Nickoo

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
I think he can do well at the right club with the right midfield mix. Obviously that is not at Geelong but other clubs did have a look last year and none were interested.

He’s such a good user of the footy. I always felt comfortable when the footy is in his hands. Which teams would suit?

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
He’s such a good user of the footy. I always felt comfortable when the footy is in his hands. Which teams would suit?

Hard to say because I don't know enough about other clubs and who they have in their reserves. But any club that is weak on the inside and needs someone to feed the ball out to the other mids or get that kick forward out of congestion. He has done pretty well in the VFL this year, I would expect someone will pick him since he will be free to a good home.

Orange Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS

Hope not, their strike rate with trash to treasure type players is not good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ArdentEagle

The Baron of Bourbon
Feb 12, 2008
Minor Infraction
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast could really do with a 1st clearance/stoppage player like him.
We generally like versatile players too so I'm not so sure we'd chase. Shame because I think he has something significant to offer in the right system given time.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
I could see him at Sydney.
Yes, they have salary cap issues, but he won't be expensive & will be ready to step in when Kennedy moves on.
Smaller ground at the SCG is also less of an issue for players who aren't quick.

Remove this Banner Ad