Recommitted Charlie Constable

Remove this Banner Ad

9 contested possessions in half a game of footy is an impressive effort.

Geelong probably dont need picks in this years draft so it would be next years draft. Even a deal like constable geelongs WC pick (early 20’s this year) for st kildas first round pick next season.

Would be a good result for everyone and would help your best 22 push for a flag next season.

Probably something in the end like

St kilda out: pick 14-16
st kilda in : pick 22(TIED to WCE, after bids), constable

Geelong out: constable,WCE tied rnd 1 pick,
Geelong in : st kildas first round pick next season.

Geelong probably dont need picks in this years draft so it would be next years draft. Even a deal like constable geelongs WC pick (early 20’s this year) for st kildas first round pick next season.

Would be a good result for everyone and would help your best 22 push for a flag next season.

Probably something in the end like

St kilda out: pick 14-16
st kilda in : pick 22(TIED to WCE, after bids), constable

Geelong out: constable,WCE tied rnd 1 pick,
Geelong in : st kildas first round pick next season.
No I don't think we'd be involving a first round pick in any deal with Constable.

No I don't think we'd be involving a first round pick in any deal with Constable.

Would still have a first rounder going back, would be a downgrade of a first round pick or maybe not depending on academies or F/S next year or your ladder position.For a guy who could walk into your best 22 midfield it isnt a bad deal.

Our late first this year plus constable for your rnd 1 next year would be a good deal if he is best 22 for st kilda.

I dont think we would entertain much your second round pick on its own and would just hold him till his contract expires then let him go for whatever by then or re sign him if his in our 22 which is a possibility.

Would still have a first rounder going back, would be a downgrade of a first round pick or maybe not depending on academies or F/S next year or your ladder position.For a guy who could walk into your best 22 midfield it isnt a bad deal.

Our late first this year plus constable for your rnd 1 next year would be a good deal if he is best 22 for st kilda.

I dont think we would entertain much your second round pick on its own and would just hold him till his contract expires then let him go for whatever by then or re sign him if his in our 22 which is a possibility.
I get the deal, it's just very unusual to even use a first round selection in any deal for a player that can't cement a game in the ones.

I get the deal, it's just very unusual to even use a first round selection in any deal for a player that can't cement a game in the ones.

His 21 years old and has already had 30 possession games at senior level. Has played a few good games this season also getting around the 20 mark a game for disposals. Has just been told they cant play him in the same team as dangerfield and selwood due to the similarities of all three in the middle at once. As soon as sewood got injured he came into the side.

Also note we dont need and are likely to not use another traded second round pick this season so anything like that this year wouldnt work out from st kilda. Would need to be a lower pick as we have 4 picks inside the first 30. Next years draft would be the one to trade picks if that deals going ahead or your first this season and shuffling As we would have no use for your round 2 pick

His 21 years old and has already had 30 possession games at senior level. Has played a few good games this season also getting around the 20 mark a game for disposals. Has just been told they cant play him in the same team as dangerfield and selwood due to the similarities of all three in the middle at once. As soon as sewood got injured he came into the side.

Also note we dont need and are likely to not use another traded second round pick this season so anything like that this year wouldnt work out from st kilda. Would need to be a lower pick as we have 4 picks inside the first 30. Next years draft would be the one to trade picks if that deals going ahead or your first this season and shuffling As we would have no use for your round 2 pick
Then a future pick of some sort.

There's no need to involve a first.

If he was that good you'd find a spot for him.

If he wasn't under contract he'd likely get you a 3rd round pick.

Then a future pick of some sort.

There's no need to involve a first.

If he was that good you'd find a spot for him.

If he wasn't under contract he'd likely get you a 3rd round pick.

He is rated but still young and behind a couple of champion mids. His performances speak for themselves, its just a matter of not overstacking the side with inside midfielders. but if the saints officials dont rate him geelong will be happy to keep him until his contract expires and possibly longer. We dont want to ship him off and we have no need to for crap picks

Geelong owe St Kilda a favour after the Saints generously sent Jack Steven to The Cattery for way unders on compassionate grounds.

Was accurate value. He cant even play consistently on a weekly basis his fitness is that bad from st kilda. Have him on a midified plan to try and get him in condition for the end of the year. In hindsight we paid not a dime more than we should have

He is rated but still young and behind a couple of champion mids. His performances speak for themselves, its just a matter of not overstacking the side with inside midfielders. but if the saints officials dont rate him geelong will be happy to keep him until his contract expires and possibly longer. We dont want to ship him off and we have no need to for crap picks
Then he stays. I'm not even sure the Saints are keen on him.

Then he stays. I'm not even sure the Saints are keen on him.

Keeps getting mentioned he is linked to st kilda, and would probably be best 22 as well given midfield is an area you need to address. He is quite liked at geelong and doubt we move him on until his contract expires if he hasnt broken into the 22 by the then.. unless he asks to leave for opportunities from a club that seems him best 22 I doubt he goes, but it wouldn’t be for peanuts

Geelong owe St Kilda a favour after the Saints generously sent Jack Steven to The Cattery for way unders on compassionate grounds.

StKilda probably acted with some compassion and reward for service in it ..but I suspect with the amount players they had coming in ..it was convenient to move out his dollars as well. It's a long way from a win yet for geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StKilda probably acted with some compassion and reward for service in it ..but I suspect with the amount players they had coming in ..it was convenient to move out his dollars as well. It's a long way from a win yet for geelong.

his fitness and preparation was a long way back when he arrived at geelong. Blows up big time during games and has not been able to string together multiple games in a row this year because of his fitness and conditioning woes. Paid fair value based off what the story has been thus far

Keeps getting mentioned he is linked to st kilda, and would probably be best 22 as well given midfield is an area you need to address. He is quite liked at geelong and doubt we move him on until his contract expires if he hasnt broken into the 22 by the then.. unless he asks to leave for opportunities from a club that seems him best 22 I doubt he goes, but it wouldn’t be for peanuts
Haven't really heard him mentioned since last year, I think he'd be down the line of a few other mids we are chasing right now.

Our midfield are going pretty well atm and Dunstan who plays a similar game to Constable lost his spot after round one.

We may have some interest if he's seeking opportunity but he's not the type of player we need to pay up for.

Haven't really heard him mentioned since last year, I think he'd be down the line of a few other mids we are chasing right now.

Our midfield are going pretty well atm and Dunstan who plays a similar game to Constable lost his spot after round one.

We may have some interest if he's seeking opportunity but he's not the type of player we need to pay up for.

I think it also had a component of keeping certain players happy... didn't he play with Max King at the Dragons

dunstan is 25 In the prime of his career and has a lot less upside. Basically as good as he will get, constable is 21. Not like for like comparison of player

dunstan is 25 In the prime of his career and has a lot less upside. Basically as good as he will get, constable is 21. Not like for like comparison of player
Very much like for like of a player. Both slow inside mids with not a lot of scope to play other positions on the ground.

Yes Dunstan is older but was performing almost identically to him at the same age and he eventually lost his spot for the reasons above.

Very much like for like of a player. Both slow inside mids with not a lot of scope to play other positions on the ground.

Yes Dunstan is older but was performing almost identically to him at the same age and he eventually lost his spot for the reasons above.

If they are to make a career out of it playing only that role they need to be exceptional at it.. aka jobe Watson or josh Kennedy level, who both took quite a while to reach their straps at senior footy. Don’t know if constable will reach those heights but one can only hope he does

I cant see how he fits in at St Kilda !

They have ample big mids and Bytel looks good

But if i was Geelong i would be looking to get rid of Jack Stevens before Constable

Don't understand why Geelong want him out. It's not like their mids are sprung chickens. Surely he gets a game at the cats next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back