News Charlie Constable Round 2 NAB Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked Constable, thought he should of played much more. Will he get more games next year? Your young kids look really good - Clark, Constable, Miers and Atkins and Cockatoo (if he can get fit).
With a big pre season in the gym and the running he will push back. Can find the ball - number one measure for me- so no reason one good preseason shouldn't find him lining up.

Hopefully joined by a couple of top end draftees and Fog in a big tussle . Menegola, CGuthrie, Parfitt , Narkle should have to step it up too.

Makes for a more even midfield if that contest does develop unhindered by any set backs.

With a big pre season in the gym and the running he will push back. Can find the ball - number one measure for me- so no reason one good preseason shouldn't find him lining up.

Hopefully joined by a couple of top end draftees and Fog in a big tussle . Menegola, CGuthrie, Parfitt , Narkle should have to step it up too.

Makes for a more even midfield if that contest does develop unhindered by any set backs.
It would be nice to be able to throw Cockatoo into that mix but it's hard to predict with any confidence.

I really liked Constable, thought he should of played much more. Will he get more games next year? Your young kids look really good - Clark, Constable, Miers and Atkins and Cockatoo (if he can get fit).
He should get a tonne more games. Just wasn't fit enough to run out a game. He couldn't make it to contests late in games and his defensive running was a bit of a liability at times. The difference in tank this year to last year though was apparently pretty substantial so if he does a similar level of preseason again he will be a weapon

To justify his non-selection, people have taken to picking stats at random that he should have had better numbers for.

Probably needs to be contributing more hit outs to hold a spot.
Most poorly managed second half to a year you'll ever see. For many reasons.
But in this case.
Knew we were finishing top 2 from half way and to not give him a few games was unbelievable. Considering he helped get us to that point.
What a balls up. I know its the wrong thread but I can't believe some still have their jobs.

He should get a tonne more games. Just wasn't fit enough to run out a game. He couldn't make it to contests late in games and his defensive running was a bit of a liability at times. The difference in tank this year to last year though was apparently pretty substantial so if he does a similar level of preseason again he will be a weapon
this...

some come game tank like ready like Miers with the tank... some like Bundy and the skin folds not even close to ready.

Chook even said last year off season he had work to do. And he improved. But he needs more and with defensive accountability a must - and yes i get PFD and GAJ dont do it - he needs this component stronger in his game.

He will be huge for us when this develops further in his game.

Go Catters

Most poorly managed second half to a year you'll ever see. For many reasons.
But in this case.
Knew we were finishing top 2 from half way and to not give him a few games was unbelievable. Considering he helped get us to that point.
What a balls up. I know its the wrong thread but I can't believe some still have their jobs.
Another strange one. Couldn't help but wonder why older players weren't being rested and younger players being rotated through the side in the later rounds. Might have helped keep guys like Ablett in a little better shape for finals. Don't really know if you want your battered 35-year-old players playing 24 games in a season.

Another strange one. Couldn't help but wonder why older players weren't being rested and younger players being rotated through the side in the later rounds. Might have helped keep guys like Ablett in a little better shape for finals. Don't really know if you want your battered 35-year-old players playing 24 games in a season.
Yep, that is another one of the many reasons. A big one.

Can’t argue with any of that

Go Catters

this...

some come game tank like ready like Miers with the tank... some like Bundy and the skin folds not even close to ready.

Chook even said last year off season he had work to do. And he improved. But he needs more and with defensive accountability a must - and yes i get PFD and GAJ dont do it - he needs this component stronger in his game.

Go Catters

Yep. And when Narkle began to push in to contention the problem then was two young mids with underdeveloped tanks - Narkle particularly - and playing both would have been risky. Narkle had more to offer in the fewer minutes than Constable in the end.

It really does provide some hope that we might see a couple more push right thru next year as did Miers this year. Thats where the lift has to come from for us to go a step further in 2020 IMO.

Young midfielders Narkle, Constable, Parfitt, draftee x. (I am expecting zero from Cockatoo and hope to be extremely surprised!). If even two of those can become influential it will be a big weight off the older shoulders.

this...

Go Catters
If miers has a good tank and constable doesnt then why does constable find so much more ball? If he has a bad tank and can still rack up 25 touch games in his first year then in his prime with a good tank he will be regularly racking up 55 touch games.

The problem is he is slow and poor defensively. I dont get the tank arguments. Why would a tank matter if he finds more ball then most other players?

If miers has a good tank and constable doesnt then why does constable find so much more ball? If he has a bad tank and can still rack up 25 touch games in his first year then in his prime with a good tank he will be regularly racking up 55 touch games.

The problem is he is slow and poor defensively. I dont get the tank arguments. Why would a tank matter if he finds more ball then most other players?

Not sure if you are seriously asking that question...

But here it goes - one player is predominately a forward who works up the ground at times, while the other is an inside midfielder who would have expectations of finding the ball a tad more often than a forward.

Not sure if you are seriously asking that question...

But here it goes - one player is predominately a forward who works up the ground at times, while the other is an inside midfielder who would have expectations of finding the ball a tad more often than a forward.
I was comparing them to when they are mids. But in any case its not the best comparison. why does constable find the ball more than other mids if he has a bad tank?

I was comparing them to when they are mids. But in any case its not the best comparison. why does constable find the ball more than other mids if he has a bad tank?

He does have a bad tank, said as much himself. He regularly spent only 65% TOG and was still cooked halfway through the last quarter. It's exciting really, if he can rack up 25+ touches as a 19 year old with bad endurance, what will he be doing as a fit 26 year old with a tank?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he is a smart footballer who reads the play well. His main strength

Fair point that is an area of weakness. Its just weird the poor tank issue gets brought up when its clearly not an issue in finding the ball.
Miers has to outrun oppo defenders to earn a possession. Chook only has to trundle to the next stoppage and even that he said he has trouble doing late in games. That's not to say chook won't be a good player, just that the comparison isn't really telling us much.

He's not playing because he has to run harder for longer and probably put on another 7+kgs before he can play that extractor role properly

Miers has to outrun oppo defenders to earn a possession. Chook only has to trundle to the next stoppage and even that he said he has trouble doing late in games. That's not to say chook won't be a good player, just that the comparison isn't really telling us much.

He's not playing because he has to run harder for longer and probably put on another 7+kgs before he can play that extractor role properly
You make it sound a tad easier then it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back