News Charlie Constable Round 2 NAB Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to underplay his abilities, I rate him and think he's going to go far, but if he can't run out a game he doesn't belong in the seniors yet. I think he will by the middle of 2020
Can someome show us the game of where he just couldnt run anymore and how this was different to all other players on the list?

Can someome show us the game of where he just couldnt run anymore and how this was different to all other players on the list?
You mean the parts where he was on the bench for 25% of the game? So all of them? He's the one saying in interviews that he needs to improve his running, don't take my word for it

You could show me how he was gassed?
Noone will be able to show you except maybe the GWS game where the whole team was buggered.
He is fine in last qrs. Actually has got the same amount or more possies in the 4th than any of the other qrs.
Kicked the winning goal right near the end of one game too. Was not gassed.

You mean the parts where he was on the bench for 25% of the game? So all of them? He's the one saying in interviews that he needs to improve his running, don't take my word for it
Played the same role as horlin smith. Horlin smith had more then 30 percent bench time as a far more mature player. Game time is more to do with the fact he can only play one position. Midfield. Sure his tank could be getter. Thats true of almost all players his age. But its not preventing him from getting to the contest and finding the ball.

Played the same role as horlin smith. Horlin smith had more then 30 percent bench time as a far more mature player. Game time is more to do with the fact he can only play one position. Midfield. Sure his tank could be getter. Thats true of almost all players his age. But its not preventing him from getting to the contest and finding the ball.

If all we are going to get out of him is Horlin Smith's role, we should trade him...players in this day and age must be able to do more then just fill one position.

Miers has to outrun oppo defenders to earn a possession. Chook only has to trundle to the next stoppage and even that he said he has trouble doing late in games. That's not to say chook won't be a good player, just that the comparison isn't really telling us much.

He's not playing because he has to run harder for longer and probably put on another 7+kgs before he can play that extractor role properly

I don’t think it’s about outrunning his direct opponent as much as it is running defensively.

But he wants to leave and he isn't happy at Geelong - well isn't that what we were told...
You mean the FB page run by a teenage saints fan materially misrepresented information to be favourable for the saints? Never!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also Guthrie came in and played almost the same amount of game time as him despite having almost a decade more AFL experience than him, and he did a lot less.

A mate was down and watched training and said he still looked a long way behind the lead bunch in the Shuttle drills.

Certainly doesn’t look to have the AFL midfielder build just yet in those Lorne photos.

He has the talent like a Jobe Watson but he needs to get to that level of dedication. Still plenty of time but hopefully he knows he was always going to be a 3-4 year project.

Is it possible that some guys just don’t have the elite aerobic capacity, or will never be able to achieve it? Sounds like he puts the work in, but if he is still behind after a couple of pre-seasons he might never be aerobically elite. Shouldn’t stop him from being as good as he can be though.

Or maybe he is just coming from very far back.

Is it possible that some guys just don’t have the elite aerobic capacity, or will never be able to achieve it?
Yes, or they come from so far back that it's not possible for them to get to AFL period in a reasonable time period (noting that they are battling against their own body's deterioration as time goes on). But in Constable's case, you would think he only needs to reach a point where he can stay on the ground slightly longer, given Guthrie can get away with only a little bit more TOG and does a lot less, in most games, than Constable did in his first several.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back