Opinion Charlie Curnow Leap

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite thing about Charlie is his total disdain for the post-match interview when he kicks a bag. He spends the whole time looking back at his teammates, just wanting to get over and celebrate with them.

It's all about the team for Charlie, couldn't care less about the personal accolades :)
Love that about him.

Hey does anyone have any inside info about how he's feeling after games and if his troubles are 100% in the past or if there's still some management going on.. I'd love a bit of intel ..

I'm just still really pinching myself about his rise from the ashes , I'm so very very happy for him ..
I’m surprised but then I’m not at the same time
Everything is there
The right players
The right coaches
The right mentatility and game plan
Things can and have changed really quickly

If it wasnt for Moore's incredible spoil, he holds this. I think just he's only flying if he knows hes a good chance at it.
Not wanting to complain about umpires but how does that not get paid a free. Understand the head high part gets overlooked but how do you miss the chopping of the arms. Moore got away with it all day

Edit - Looking at it again Moore puts his left hand on CC arm/shoulder pulling him down before the other 2 infringements.

Last edited:
Not wanting to complain about umpires but how does that not get paid a free. Understand the head high part gets overlooked but how do you miss the chopping of the arms. Moore got away with it all day

Edit - Looking at it again Moore puts his left hand on CC arm/shoulder pulling him down before the other 2 infringements.
Yes, noticed this in Moores game on the weekend - when spoiling from behind and whilst leaping to the ball he uses his non spoiling arm to drape over the shoulder of the forward, impacting the leap of the forward. In this case Curnow
Probably seen him do it 3 to 4 times.
All power to him whilst he gets away with it. Though it is something that could be highlighted / spoken about by the player / captain to make the umpires aware

Yes, noticed this in Moores game on the weekend - when spoiling from behind and whilst leaping to the ball he uses his non spoiling arm to drape over the shoulder of the forward, impacting the leap of the forward. In this case Curnow
Probably seen him do it 3 to 4 times.
All power to him whilst he gets away with it. Though it is something that could be highlighted / spoken about by the player / captain to make the umpires aware
I pointed out in another post but, he's about as fair as they come. Doesn't act, flop, exaggerate.. whatever word you want to use, he doesn't look for free kicks and he doesn't complain to the umpire - a rare trait for a key forward these days.

If someone is going to the umpires about it it won't be him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Questioning his Leap, damn he leaped 2 whole years and you still question him. Hard Markers....

I don’t know which scenario I like better….

The Reigning Coleman Medallist is our second best forward; or
The Coleman Medal leader is our second best forward.

Cant Decide Heidi Gardner GIF by Saturday Night Live

What I really like about him, and Im pleased it hasn't been impacted by his knee troubles, is that he is a penetrating kick. He can kick 50-60m off a step or two, low and straight. He and Doc are probably the two best at our club at it.
Until this week that attribute was almost a frustrating one. He can obviously kick 55 off a step which is nuts, but he didn't seem to have the same confidence when having a set shot from ~50. Several times through the year he was kick from around 50 on a set shot and he'd half arse it as though he didn't think he had the distance so whatever just stuff the routine and put it up.

In particular the Suns game where he had a 50m penalty right on the siren. Man on the mark would've been on about 49m and being at the game I thought yes Charlie is easily within range here, but he sort of sauntered up darted off to the side slightly and just threw a leg at it. When it was a rubbish kick he sort of walked off like meh didn't have it in me anyway. Infuriated me, I even vented to my Dad about why the f did he not take that seriously? He can kick it 60 off 2 steps and that was only from 52!

It was great to see vs Collingwood on the weekend he took it seriously and nailed it, because he obviously has the range in him. That was even further out, I'm pretty sure Howe was just outside 50 on the mark. Probably 50.5m.

I guess I've got to temper myself and realise that he's still learning what he can and can't do to a degree. Just frustrating when we know he's got it but he doesn't quite have the faith in himself yet, but it looks like it's coming back more and more every week.

What's scary is that he's leading the Coleman half way through a season in which he's still figuring out what his body lets him do these days!

Looks alright to me...

Just playing smarter more often than not, much more spacial awareness these days.
f88f0aaec8f97230fc9afa0b2ae58efb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back